=][= Rumours Roundup : Grey Knights - Released - Page 296 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2951 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 08:46 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

No!! It'll be that there are GK icons on the sprue and that the new Grey Knight colour scheme is shown on the back of the box!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2952 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 08:52 PM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamike View Post
My intent is not to promote a specific website but people who might not know it can give it a look. Where I usually shop is miniwargaming.com, they are pretty funny too. Does anyone else know another website in Canada?
It's not in Canada, but try Maelstrom. It's cheaper than Mini Wargaming and has free shipping. Just expect your order to take around a week to arrive.

Edit: As for BoK, I do think we'll be getting something interesting. The previous rumors were pretty beefy, so I imagine that this new deal will be even more peculiar.

Last edited by Vhalyar; 01-27-11 at 10:22 PM.
post #2953 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 11:09 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
My intent is not to promote a specific website but people who might not know it can give it a look. Where I usually shop is miniwargaming.com, they are pretty funny too. Does anyone else know another website in Canada?
Yeah, I sometimes use www.heavysupport.com. It was better when you were able to stop by the owner's house and pick stuff up instead of going to the city. Oh well, they still have good prices.

post #2954 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 11:10 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Received an e-mail from GW stating Blood Angel stuff available for advance order.

Gave a look at the Stormraven and is 66$ US and 79.25$ Canadian.

Really? Almost 80$ for a flying plastic brick? I do like the model really but seriously this is expensive. I understand it is an expensive hobby and I am ok with that, but this is... a bit too much expensive for 1 unit. I'll probably just get 1 depending on how it is in the codex but not more than that.

Other than that, pretty excited with GK so far, let's hope we get to see our mini heroes soon!
I would love to have it that cheap...

Quote:
As for canadian players, just for reference, the site where I usually shop let's you purchase the Storm Raven for cheaper in canadian $ than GW sells it in US $. Quite funny really, 63.40$ CAN Vs 79.25$ CAN.

I already checked it out- Wayland Games has it cheaper than Maelstrom. Fifty Bucks Australian, which is pretty much the same as the Canadian Dollar. For Aussies, that's half price, once you include shipping.

EDIT: They're not Canadian, but it's still cheaper.

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm
post #2955 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by coke123 View Post
I already checked it out- Wayland Games has it cheaper than Maelstrom. Fifty Bucks Australian, which is pretty much the same as the Canadian Dollar. For Aussies, that's half price, once you include shipping.

EDIT: They're not Canadian, but it's still cheaper.
Maelstrom was cheaper when they had the Jan 17,5% off coupon active for anyone wanting to do an early preorder, now when it's not available Wayland is cheaper.
However Huddersfield Games should be cheaper than both because they offer 20% off on most GW stuff +Free Shipping

Wayland Games 25% off +PP
Furioso Dreadnought kit 22.16 +PP 2.50 = 24,66
Stormraven 32.80 +PP 2.50 = 35,3

Maelstrom 11% off +Free Shipping, sends out loads of 17,5% off coupons if you subscribe to newsletter
Furioso Dreadnought kit 24.93 delivered
Stormraven 36.90 delivered

Huddersfield Games
Furioso Dreadnought kit roughly 23.10 delivered
Stormraven roughly 34.16 delivered
I made these calculations myself and could be wrong!

Maelstrom has been my first choice for about a year now when the old webshop I used to go to stopped selling outside the UK.
Came into contact with Huddersfield Games through the Ultraforge review that Beasts of War did. I ordered the Plague Demon and Pleasure Demon from them and when I started asking questions about their GW sales policy I was informed that they pretty much offer 20% off on everything plus free shipping.
They are a new webstore so most of what they sell is not even on their site yet. Send them an email and they should answer you within a day with the info you are asking for.

We did however see a few webstores go under last year shortly after they were started but I do hope Huddersfield can make it in this very competitive business.
There are a few other webstores I haven't mentioned that offer 25% off etc but they have such high postage costs that I wont even bother.

I will mention Dark Sphere though for those who live near their store. Their postage costs makes it not worth buying from them.
Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought
Web Price: 20.78 33% Off
Shop Price: 22.16 25% Off

Stormraven
Web Price: 30.75 33% Off
Shop Price: 32.80 25% Off

They have this Policy:
If you spend over 100 at RRP and place the order through our website for store pick up we will match our web prices and there is no shipping to pay.

So if you make a larger order and go pick the stuff up at their store they are the cheapest option but pretty much only for people living in London.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 01-28-11 at 01:42 AM.
post #2956 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 03:01 AM

Dynamike's Flag is: Canada

It seems really interesting but there is something I am not too sure about. Since I am in Quebec Canada, when I order something from UK, is it possible I have to pay customs charges? I am not sure how it works and if it might apply, does anyone knows? Would be sad to order, receive extra charges and ruin the benifit to shop with them.
post #2957 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 07:12 AM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

The BoK rumor got posted:
Quote:
"The Grey Knights are getting a new unit or they are getting an upgrade that causes an automatic hit to any enemy model in base-to-base with them. This hit wounds on a 4+ regardless of enemies toughness with normal saves allowed and occurs before ALL attacks (think old mandiblasters), but still adds to combat resolution at the end of combat."
post #2958 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhalyar View Post
The BoK rumor got posted:
Was just about to post it. To me it sounds allot like Holocaust, could this be a new version of the psychic power?
Then again it has been said before that Holocaust is now a 5" pieplate with 12" range.

Maybe it's a new version of Sanctuary? I dont think the old one would remain as it is seriously OP vs Daemon players. So maybe this is the new version of it?
post #2959 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 08:00 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Was just about to post it. To me it sounds allot like Holocaust, could this be a new version of the psychic power?
Then again it has been said before that Holocaust is now a 5" pieplate with 12" range.
We're getting closer to release, so I'll talk about what I heard.

The power mentioned is (I think) the new Holocaust. How I was told that it works is as follows:

Lets say we have a unit of 20 Gaunts charging some Grey Knights. One of the Knights has the Holocaust power. After assault moves are done but before attacks are resolved, the Grey Knight passes his psychic test to use Holocaust. Each model in the enemy unit is hit once by an attack that always wounds on a 4+ and allows normal armor saves.

What that basically means is that before anyone gets to swing, the Knights can blow through half of a unit that has a poor armor save. In the above example, we're looking at 9 dead Gaunts most likely - and that's before the Knights attack.

It seems really crazy and brutal, but honestly it's only really effective against large units with really poor armor saves and kind of falls down against things with a save better than 4+. Naturally it's possible that the rule was changed from the playtest version so that it only hits models in base to base with Grey Knights. It'd be a lot less deadly, but people would bitch less.
post #2960 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-28-11, 08:52 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Hmm... Again, nothing really worth signing up exclusivly to BoK for, but if thats true, I like it.

Okay, maybe its more usefull against large squads of low save models... but, by the luck of the dice gods, your still gonna take out an extra one or two tougher models with that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode