New race? Bargesi??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Moggy3d's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default New race? Bargesi???

Theres loads of rumours going round of a new army going around the web to most I take with a box of salt however if there were to be a new race then certainly the clues would be within the rule books for example before the necrons came out there were refrences of them in the old rulebook aswell as the vespid but not the tau, and also the necs where mentioned in gorka morka which was before warhammer 40k i think not sure though.

So surely if there was to be a new race then there would be clues within the rulebooks and my take on a new race from the new rulebook and its page 116 theres a extract on the galactic map of the grendal stars which harbours a hyper violent race known as the bargesi. The reason why I think these could become a new race and 40k army is due to the location of the grendl stars its on the eatern fringe so theres plenty of other armys that fluff can evolve around such as imperial, tau, ork, tyranids and even the craftworld Iyanden is near to the sanguinis constelation so yeah thats my thoughts on and IF there was to be a new race :D what do you guys think?

*even if its one hell of a confusingand long winded rant via me*

so yeah what do you guys think and mind my poor grammah ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 12:32 PM

njfed's Flag is: USA

/Sarcasm on

Maybe GW is doing the Ogre Kingdoms of 40K. The race will only have mech units with front/side/rear AV.

/sarcasm off

Yes, I will be using the lash on that unit again so I may touch your models a second time.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 12:52 PM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfed View Post
/Sarcasm on

Maybe GW is doing the Ogre Kingdoms of 40K. The race will only have mech units with front/side/rear AV.

/sarcasm off
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. It's only a matter of time...

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 01:03 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I always take rumors of a new race with a barge load of new salt, considering when Tau first came out the large majority of the community threated to murder the families of everyone involved in there creation because there weapons killed a space marine, and such a thing is not allowed according to the crayon written rules added to said players rulebooks.

I don't think even the evil GW company can find people willing to sacrifice there entire families to risk writing another new race into the game, its not worth getting the kids into a nerd rage again.

post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 02:13 PM

Ensanguined Priest's Flag is: Scotland

I really doubt it.

But going by the same logic they could add:
The Thexian Elite
the Draxian Hegemony
The Worldweave of the Noisesome Reek
the Ulumeathic Leage
the Church of Dracolith
- all are races mentioned in the current rulebook, and theres probably more if you go through it.

There just there as filler and background stuff, i cant think that any will ever really make it into the game.
It like with the BL novels, writers can pretty much just make up stuff to make the universe a little cooler.

Only the Fearful fear Fear.

Wait, what?
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 02:43 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

DemiUrg. Certainly the new race is DemiUrg.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 04:07 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

GW have said on numerous occasions that they will not release a new race for 40k until all current races are brought up to date. So thats at least 3-4 races before they would consider it and by that time several races with current codex's will need updating to 5th like black templars.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 04:10 PM

Ensanguined Priest's Flag is: Scotland

Theres a point..
By that measure itll only be about twenty years till we get a new race then...

Only the Fearful fear Fear.

Wait, what?
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 04:18 PM

Tzeen Qhayshek's Flag is: USA

I for one would be on board for investing in a new faction to play and open my wallet for.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-03-10, 04:32 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensanguined Priest View Post
Theres a point..
By that measure itll only be about twenty years till we get a new race then...
Well i think in 25 years we have had about 4 new races and lost one.
Nids (though these were expanded from genestealers and space crusade)
dark eldar
Necrons
Tau

And lost Squats

Three of those races have had poor sales and two of them have had no support, the Nids are the big success, but they have the big advantage of been linked to two standalone 40k systems and were part of one of the modern 40k box sets (AOM) and a significant variation of models and loads of plastics.

As with anything in life successful sales of any army in 40k is about marketing, chucking a few articles in white dwarf isnt enough, armies need good plastics,upto date rules and at least a proportion of cheap models to get people to start the army.

I would love to see some new races, i would also like to see GW fork out some cash and employ some more concept designers,some of the people who design for computer games and movies must be up for some freelance work.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode