New Eldar tank and plastic kits annnounced in White Dwarf - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Lash Machine's Flag is: England

Default New Eldar tank and plastic kits annnounced in White Dwarf

Just got April's White Dwarf and it had a section saying that in June there will be new Eldar vehicles. It states " In June the Edldar will be gaining several new plastic kits, including a brand new tank."

This could be a re cut sprue for the falcon set which contains a plastic prism cannon and one other new option or of course something else. Speculatively I doubt this would be an apocalpse tank but an upgrade to the falcon kit with either the rules printes in white dwarf and on the web or even an updated reprint of the Eldar codex rather than a brand new codex.

Sadly the magazine does not give anything more away than the fact that a new plastic tank and plastic kits will be available in June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 09:13 AM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would persume it be the prism mostly and if its new then it's most probably a friend from Forge World (Maybe a nightwing-if thats right, to chalenge the IG Valkeriev (Hell maybe the guard might get a Vendetta)

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 09:23 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

There's already been speculation over this in the threads talking about the up-coming Spearhead thing, or whatever it's called.
The tank battle thing.

But yeah, supposedly there's a new Eldar tank planned, the Nightspinner, or something, and a plastic Fire Prism.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 10:40 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmm, hadn't considered a Nightwing before. I don't think it'll be quite on the level of a Valkyrie though, it's not a transport.

Who bets that the new "tank" has a twin linked Vibro cannon weapon?

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 11:03 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Hmm, hadn't considered a Nightwing before. I don't think it'll be quite on the level of a Valkyrie though, it's not a transport.

Who bets that the new "tank" has a twin linked Vibro cannon weapon?
No no, it's been 'confirmed' by a guy who claims to have a very in-the-know contact, he says it's going to be a Nightspinner (or whatever you call the bloody thing), and that since the codex isn't exactly close to release, these things are obviously subject to change.
*quick edit*
Worth noting that this guy has been right about everything he's predicted, so he clearly has decent information.

It's quite possible that there is going to be a new plastic Fire Prism kit with a variety of different weapon options, at some point, and they could just be releasing one of the new bits for the Spearhead expansion.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 11:50 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Since they mention multiple kits, I wonder if we'll see the release of the retooled Jetbike with the more streamlined chassis (hard to imagine one more so than it already is...) and the more "engaged" rider, that has yet to be released? Plastic wraithguard wouldn't kill GW either... as it stands, an Iyanden/Ghost Warriors army is flirting with $700 just for your Troops choices since the things are almost twenty bucks a pop...

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 01:51 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=58284

for those who missed it, in summary - looks like its a nightspinner and fireprism, but there are also strong past rumours that there is something to put eldar on equal footing for superheavies - which the current discussion cant seem to pin down - my guess (and wish) is a plastic scorpion kit
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 03:55 PM

Hey, lets wait on the Plastic Wraithguard until they're actually good. They can make them when they release the next Eldar codex. That's only, what, a decade away?

In the meantime, plastic Fire Dragons and a plastic HQ set for the eldar (since that'd both be nice for ground-based stuff and would allow us to make jetseers, etc. with not so much work) would be preferable to me.

Quote:
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 04:11 PM

RhYn0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally I'd quite like to see a firestorm all them long barreled scatter lasers something to match the IG's Hydra, the night spinner could be interesting but I cant really see it being used that much probably about as much as a firestorm I suppose

Last edited by RhYn0; 03-24-10 at 04:18 PM.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 05:41 PM

Sure, the models would be cool, but quite frankly they can make any Eldar model look amazing. Shining spears are amazing. I've been waiting over a decade to field them. They used to be so bad one questioned the dev's sanity. Now They're just bad.

If they're putting the new model as HS, it HAS to be designed as a vehicle raper to be playable. They won't give us anything better than the fireprism at raping troops unless they've recanted on their "fuck you, Eldar" stance, and if they do then people just won't consent to us fielding it.

If they give us a non-dedicated transport in Fast Attack then that would be AMAZING. Maybe an open-topped fast transport with dual twinlinked fusion guns that deepstrikes and has a "counts as non-open-topped for the purposes of shooting in and out" energy field that also has the WS effect to a) justify the deep-striking b) prevent it from popping c) to prevent fire dragons from breaking it in half.

Honestly, though, they have to make it fucking amazing if it's going to eat a HS slot. If they make a dedicate transport then it really, really depends on what it does an who can take it. If it can be fired out of then Fire Dragons will break it in half and Dark Reapers might become playable.

But... none of that will happen. We're almost certainly getting something at fast attack, despite the new precedent for FA slots set by BA.

As such, I'm hoping for something that's a real prince when it comes to vehicle hunting. Pulsars would be nice.

Quote:
I'm probably going to follow my usual Eldar tactic of driving around the table "circling and screaming 'I don't give a fuck' with my windows down and system up" and avoiding anything that looks scary.
Her(?) name may be slightly inapropriate, but she just needs love! And I just need to eat your face!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode