Are Bretonnians around the corner - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 12:06 AM

I like the bretonnian army, the main "weakness" of the current book seems to be in Leadership. There will always be tweeks in costs, magic items etc, but i dont think there a bad book. Hopefully that means plenty of scope for new stuff.

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 11:47 PM
rodmillard's Flag is: Wales

Back on topic... The Questing Knight boxed set has also dissappeared from the online store. A hint at what new models we may be getting, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.
In Nomine Imperator - Ecclesiarchy Roleplay
Character Places Still Available Here
In Character Action Thread Here
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-10, 09:54 PM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies Irae View Post
You missed a part of the rule:

"However if their opponent is English, the Bretonnian player can kick him out of the room, pretending to "ear voices telling him to do so"."
Well I was going to stick up for you French by pointing out how many times you've kicked Dutch arse, but now...

Anyway the rule should be this:

On a 1 or 2 the Bretonnians lose gallantly

On a 3 or 4 the Bretonnians win due to superior tactics

On a 5 or 6 the Bretonnians win and their opponents wonder why they were fighting them in the first place, and the two enemies become firm friends.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-27-10, 10:18 PM

ulfson's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfanboy View Post
dude first of all its just a joke second of all I am dutch I am not english (at least read the goddamn flag) second I am just 14 my girlfriend to, wouldnt that make the frenchman a pedo and third and lastest I was just trying to brighten peoples day up didnt thought people would react so angry (and so many -rep )
I'm pretty sure he was being light hearted too smfanboy... its ok!

Maybe - there are meant to be a few major WH releases this year. However, there have been reshuffled battalions before - in fact, the old Bretonnian battalion had three Pegasus Knights and sixteen men-at-arms, where as the current (now obsolete) one has 1 pegasus knight and 20 men-at-arms. So it wouldn't be unfeasible that it is simply a reshuffling of models in the kit.

I won't complain if it is a new army book and models though... and hopefully the next Anthony Reynolds Knights of Bretonnia b won't be too far away either. Knight of the Realm had one of the best dueling sequences I've ever read!

Last edited by ulfson; 03-27-10 at 10:20 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-10, 03:20 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

At Warhammer World they've got Brettonians on display in the gaming hall. Old and new alike, 3-ups, old sealed models and a huge information 'poster'. I remember they did this before Lizards, who were then announced as their next army.

Sometimes, the upstairs gallery can be useful for identifying possible future releases. Brettonians were fairly well stocked, though many High Elves, Dwarves and Dark Elves were 'out'. Probably a cool battle on its way to White Dwarf in this instance.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-10, 10:33 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfanboy View Post
dude first of all its just a joke second of all I am dutch I am not english (at least read the goddamn flag) second I am just 14 my girlfriend to, wouldnt that make the frenchman a pedo and third and lastest I was just trying to brighten peoples day up didnt thought people would react so angry (and so many -rep )
Wow taken far far far to seriously

Moving on
I think the main reason they arent getting done is exemplified here
Only a handful of people have posted on this thread suggesting a distinct lack of interest in bretts as a whole
Admittedly its a predominently 40k forum but still overall bretts arent popular enough to be a priority

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode