New Beastmen Pics - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-28-09, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default New Beastmen Pics

Ive looked over the internet and accumilatted all this info in one place for us

Lords:
Beastlord
Great Bray Shaman
Doombull [magicial weapons and mutations only]
note- Lords can buy Chaos Armour for xxpts

Hero's:
Wargor
Bray Shaman
Centigor

Special characters:
Ghazrak, Gorthor and Morghur
A Minotaur character who pulls along a braystone and can cast spells

A drunken centigor character with a magical double handed weapon

Some monster called ' the thing in the woods' possibly this guy

Core:
Beast Herd [rank up 5 wide]

Bestigors
going to gain a new ability that makes a distinction between them and a Beast Herd

Centigors [fast cav]
Seems like a strange new way of GW to consider things. Harpies/Furies have been part of Beastmen since the beginning and isn't any less fitting now. I don't know if the Fast Cavalry rule really is fitting for Centigors, to me the rule suggests a more cunning use of their speed than I imagine Centigors being capable of, it will however make them much more useful.

Warhounds
There will be different 'breeds' of hound available as upgrades, however upgrading them means they lose ambush. No further info on this was forwarded to me.

Harpies

Special:
Tuskgor Chariots [2-1 choice]
Could be core, not special, and are going to go the way of the corpse cart

Minotaurs [become core choice with Doombull]
Chaos Ogres
Dragon Ogres

Rare:
The Gibbet Tree
an 'evil' treeman type monster/shrine which is like a really old ancient tree possessed by daemons and empowered by bloody sacrifices made on its branches by the Beastmen.
Chaos Giant
Shaggoth
Spawns
Gorgon -

New rule change: If your General decides not to ambush, your general can have the chance for Beast Herd units to scout. [roll a D6]
1-2: Beast Herds are drunk and do not Scout
3-4: 1 unit of Beast Herds can Scout
5-6: 2 units of Beast Herds can Scout

New models: Bestigors, Plastic Mino's, Dragon Ogre, Shamans, Beastlord/Wargor & Gorgon.
mention of a "beastman spawn" is doing the rounds..some sort of fallen/too mutated champion perhaps

Lords can take xxx pts of magic items & xxx points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts. Hero's can take up to xx points of magical items and xx points of Chaos Mutations/Gifts.

Some interesting new items or Chaos Mutations/Gifts: [Mutations/Gifts can only be taken once]

* banner that turns Bestigors into Raider's like Beast Herds *
* breath gift * [breaths fire xx pts]
* extra Two Arm Mutation * [adds +2 attacks to profile xx pts]
* extra Horn * [adds a extra attack on the charge xx pts]
* Hoof of Speed [double M5 model xx pts]
* Stone Skin * [+2 to your armour save xx pts]
* Staff of Darkoth is a bound item *
* Troll Hide * [xx pts for Regeneration]
* Unholy Beast Strength [+xS for xx pts]
* Bloodstone Braystaff* [Arcane item that gives a +1LD to Shamans and +2 MR for xx pts]

Spell Lores: Beasts of Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are getting there own new lores. Very close to the WoC new lores with minor change to the lists. For Tzeentch player's I was told boon of Tzeentch is in there.

Inside thoughts from play tester's are: That a Doombull with Chaos Mutations can rival a Vampire Lord as a combat character now. Plus Chaos Armour & Stone Skin give him nice protection at 2+ armour save. He expects Doombull to be the most popular Lord choice!

Also by turning the Centigors into Fast Cav there no need to add flyers into a Beast of Chaos army. Between this move and the new Gorgon & Chaos Mutations, BoC should be able to compete very well in 7th edition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 08:42 AM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've always liked Beastmen, particularly after reading Malus Darkblade. This list looks very interesting too, especially the Gibbet Tree, Shaggoth and some of the gifts. Any news on a release date quarter?

post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Minigiant's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Any news on a release date quarter
Spring 2010

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-02-09, 05:07 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Ive heard that Beastlords and possibley a few other Lord & Hero characters may take a Spawn as a '' pet '' makes sense to an extent as there is mention of something similar in that book ( were there is a Bretonnian bloke in Athel Loren and the Beastmen attack it ) at the start or somewhere near the beginning it mentions to champions fighting, one loosing getting mutated and then becoming a pet to the victor.

As for Ogres - I doubt they will get a new kit AND Minotaurs will for the same release, I remember faintly one of the GW staff saying how Chaos Ogres dont fit the Beasts theme and may be dropped.

Also, to fit in with several armies getting these supporting altars/shrines/furnace/bell/cauldrons beasts will get their own - possibley some kind of herstone that a Shaman may ride - again ive read similar things in that book ive mentioned before ( makes more sense than some tree, and im willing to bet that the '' Gorgon '' will be like the Abyssal Terror and Hellpit Abomination, in the we may have to convert our own )

Despite what Ive just said, beasts really need some TLC and so may get a BIG update, kinda like how VC got it a few years back . And from a model POV, the guy(s) that did the Chaos Knights and other detailed minatures have supposedly done a good job on the plastic sets :D

Oh, and 666 posts OMG

Last edited by bobss; 11-03-09 at 04:49 PM.
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 09:29 AM

Ok, quick rumour update on top of stuff from first post ( though no one seems interested)

Lords + Heroes

- New Metal Doombull Box, similar to Undivided WoC champ on Daemonic Mount and Khorne champ on Jugger, roughly £25, model confirmed ( no pics yet ) makes Minotaurs core = probable.

- Usual new model(s) for Beastlord/Wargor and Great Bray Shaman/ Bray Shaman. Metal Blister. Unconfirmed but probable. Rule wise, shaman may take herdstone, similar to Screaming Bell, Plague Furnace etc. New Magic Lore, only for Beastmen, sort of like an undivided lore, Lores of Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle still availible.

- Daemon Prince not confirmed to be dropped, although nothing rumour-wise. On one hand it may not fit in with the 'Beast Theme' like Dragon Ogres and Trolls, on the other, rumours of a Daemon Prince Special Character, Slaanesh or Nurgle Marked - similar to Valkyrie(Spelling?) are in abundance.

- Centigor hero, Standard Hero choice, although may be mutation?

Special Characters

- As shown above, Daemon Prince Special Character

- ( All the stuff in the first post )

- Bray Shaman with Ravens head, Tzeentch Marked.

Core

- Gors and Ungors split into two different boxes, may or may not be re-done, or just re-packadged.

- Plastic Bestigors ( Although with only 10 at £25, it is believed there are options for Khornegors, Pestigors etc )

- Centigors, with possible armour options + new product code, £35 in a metal box, new models doubtful

Special

- This 'Beast Spawn' Is thought to be a 'Gruelgor' / 'Gruulgor' ( In German ) or 'Horrorspawn', probable that it comes in a metal box, roughly £15, similar to WoC forsaken.

- New product code for Tuskgor Chariot, now at £18, metal box, new models doubtful

- Minotaur Plastics confirmed, sculpted by Mark Harrison, who did Doombull, £27? roughly 4 Models per box

- Trolls and DO very likely dropped, again dosent fit in with ' beast theme ' says Phil Kelly

Rare

- Gorgon, big beastie, movement of 8, stats in the 5s and Breath Weapon, sort of like a more balanced, fluffy Hydra. Model likely and in Plastic, although Hydra was metal so...?

- Slight changes on Spawn

Thats it, on top of stuff Minigiant posted
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 10:07 AM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Awesome. I was immediately enchanted with the idea of a Beastman army after reading the Malus series. The Gorgon looks to be an interesting model - I hope it's in plastic and CAD designed after seeing how accurately they can produce models using it.

post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 02:02 PM

EDIT - the ''new'' Doombull siloutte is fake, so ive taken it off.

Although, Minotaurs are 3 per box(ffs) for £25! and this new spawn thingiemahoochi is called a ''razorgor'' and is like a giant Tuskgor, in a metal box for £15 ( GIANT PIGGY! )

Oh and Ive got some rough prices for the Mutations and darn, they aint half expensive

e.g.
-Regenerate for 50pts
- +1 attack on charge for 25pts
- +2 attacks is another 50pts

On the other hand, a Doombull, with Regenerate, Stone skin, Chaos Armour, Unholy beast strength, a nice f*** of magic multi-wounding weapon + some fancy talisman for a ward-save ( or something of that sort ) and Im sorted! Bring on the Bloodthirtser.

Last edited by bobss; 11-15-09 at 08:44 PM.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 08:42 PM

jackd334's Flag is: England

razorgor.. .. sounds awfully like the razordon

NOTICE!: Im taking no more new commisions for a while due to my GCSE's. PM me if you do want a model doing, and ill put you on a waiting list.
PM me if your interested in a resin version of my two biggest sculpts!
Check out my sculpting blog! https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=37754
Currently sculpting: Giant
Currently commisioned: Lion el' Jhonson
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 09:04 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

still no picture?
I found it funny that GW did mention that a new army was coming out and that nothing had been leaked. Guess this is what they were talking about

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-15-09, 11:25 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd334 View Post
razorgor.. .. sounds awfully like the razordon
As long as its called ...Gor its Beastmenish enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmire View Post
still no picture?
I found it funny that GW did mention that a new army was coming out and that nothing had been leaked. Guess this is what they were talking about
The cover is discussed here
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d=1#post515415

Thats all though, sadly

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode