Space Wolves Discussion Thread MKII - New images post number 84 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Space Wolves Discussion Thread MKII - New images post number 84

As the pace of the rumours picks up for the Space Wolves, I thought I'd start a fresh thread to help people having to wade through several pages for the latest. BDJV has been keeping us up to date regularly, which I've copied across to our Rumour Roundup forum:

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=35579

There you'll find the long list of rumours without the discussion. For ease, here's BDJV's latest updates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJV View Post
Here is the current round up of rumors that we have so far. 7/8

The Space Wolf codex has an October release date.

LC's are called Wolf Claws in the new codex, you can choose to either re-roll to hit or to wound.

Canis Wolfborn is the new SW SC; He's riding a very big wolf in a not so weird way as that sounds. Let just say those bloodcrushers look like grots!!! New from WS; Also Canis is power armoured and has 2 wolf claws. The wolf has some cybernetic bits on it. Its size may have been exaggerated a little it's just a bit bigger than a Juggernaut. IIRC taking Canis also allows you to take two cav choices, 1 can be SW mounted on wolves, the other is just wolves.

Njal Stormcaller returns to the Codex with a new model, holding a gnarled staff out before him.

There will be 2 main plastic kits, however 1 of them can be used to make pretty much every SW troop choice by combining the oooodles of spares on the sprues with normal vanilla marines kits (e.g. a box of devastators plus the extra from the sprues will make your Longfangs. IIRC there are around 30+ heads on the sprue!!! there may also be a special vehicle, but I'm not sure if it's a complete kit or if there will be an upgrade sprue to add to the existing kit.

There's also a funky new way of kitting out your characters, it is similar to the Vampiric Powers used by WFB VC, but IMO much more fitting for SW, and very fluffy, in fact it is IMO one of the best ideas GW have had in ages. I'm not going to say any more on this as it will spoil the surprise."

Space Wolves gain access to an Assault Cannon Land Raider variant.

The current options for jump packs are going to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDJV View Post
BTW Jump Pack marines are called "Skyriders" in SW Codex, according to Hastings at WS.

Edit:

More from Hastings on upgrading your heroes!:

Quote:
You choose "sagas" for your characters, perhaps someone with Saga of the monster killer (I made that name up by the way) may be better at killing monsters (high strength things) in some way, although there could be drawbacks to this as he may need to kill so many of such things per game to continue his saga......
I for one welcome our new Space Wolf overlords!

Canis sounds awesome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 05:25 PM
Heresy Blog Network

BDJV's Flag is: USA

First up, the rumors are unvieling at an outstanding rate, it getting hard to keep up!

Shadowphrakt at WS confirmed that he was completely duped with the previous batch of SW rumors. So the no TH/SS rumor was totally false! Forget every SW rumor before these because these SW rumors are the real deal.

The comfirmation of these rumors come from Brimstone, Harry and Hastings on Warseer. That's as reliable as it gets in the world of GW rumors.

Here is the current round up of rumors that we have so far. I will keep this post updted as new info becomes available. New info will be in this color

The Space Wolf codex has an October release date.

LC's are called Wolf Claws in the new codex, you can choose to either re-roll to hit or to wound.

Canis Wolfborn is the new SW SC; He's riding a very big wolf in a not so weird way as that sounds. Let just say those bloodcrushers look like grots!!! Also Canis is power armoured and has 2 wolf claws. The wolf has some cybernetic bits on it.

IIRC taking Canis also allows you to take two cav choices, 1 can be SW mounted on wolves, the other is just wolves.

Njal Stormcaller returns to the Codex with a new model, holding a gnarled staff out before him.

Bjorn the Fellhanded returns to the codex.

All special characters have been resculpted.

Wolf Scouts will remain the same and they also have the option be mounted in a Land Speeder Storm

There will be 2 main plastic kits, however 1 of them can be used to make pretty much every SW troop choice by combining the oooodles of spares on the sprues with normal vanilla marines kits (e.g. a box of devastators plus the extra from the sprues will make your Longfangs. IIRC there are around 30+ heads on the sprue!!! there may also be a special vehicle, but I'm not sure if it's a complete kit or if there will be an upgrade sprue to add to the existing kit.

There's also a funky new way of kitting out your characters called Sagas, it is similar to the Vampiric Powers used by WFB VC, but IMO much more fitting for SW, and very fluffy, in fact it is IMO one of the best ideas GW have had in ages. You choose "sagas" for your characters, perhaps someone with Saga of the monster killer (I made that name up by the way) may be better at killing monsters (high strength things) in some way, although there could be drawbacks to this as he may need to kill so many of such things per game to continue his saga......

Space Wolves gain access to an Assault Cannon Land Raider variant.

The current options for jump packs are going to change. BTW Jump Pack marines are called "Skyriders" in SW Codex.

Plastic Wolfguard Terminators; they are ambidextrous, ie they will have right and left handed weapons options like Stormbolters.

When asked about Pack size, Brimstone says that Space Wolves will be even less Codex Astartes than they were before.

Last edited by BDJV; 07-09-09 at 05:46 PM.
post #3 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 06:14 PM
Heresy Blog Network

According to Hoarmurel on Warseer "The spanish rumours from BoLS comes from my gameclub-hobbystore forum. There I posted rumours that i get from ANOTHER spanish forum, In that forum the rumours were presented as a rumour summary from Warseer... "

Which were taken from the now proven to be false rumors posted by Shadowphrakt.

So don't hold a lot of hope for the Spanish rumors on BoLS! It is possible that there is some truth in them.

Quote:
This was posted in Spanish on BoLS, I'm trying to get this confirmed.

All the army will maintain the rule of countercharge and all but Bloodclaws will get the rule of shooting one-handed "but with something more special."

At first it seemed that they wanted to give full equipment like they did with other Codex (Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Close combat weapon) but at the end it seemed that they might opted because "any miniature with this rule, equipped with a bolter (disregarding Plasma rifles) could Rapid-fire and assault the same turno. So a big no.

Bloodclaws go with Weapons Skill 4 (it seems they keep Ballistic Skill at 3) and change their actual rule for furious charge.

Long fangs might seem pretty good. According to recent comments GW does not sell well nor devastorts nor Long fangs, so it seems logical thaty they would boost them incredibly. In addition of keeping their actual rule (able to divide fire into two units) the leader of the pack will give them, as well, the rule of stubborn. Of all the rumors available this is the one that I believe less

Wolf Guard will also be boosted greatly, but we only have at the moment one page with equipment configurations.

What was commented about a Bjorn of multiple 14 armor values (it is yet unknown if all of its armor will be as this, but the front side, count on it).

It seems that Ragnar will be someone to regard with care. In addition to his neat profile, his inclusion in an army will give it fleet and the unit in which he is joined will be granted with Rending claws and one extra attack. Considering the dates certainly the Codex will be released in October, it will be presented in the English Games Day, which will be available by that time.

Could we get someone who speaks Spanish to check the translation? BoLS

Yeah, it's like being kid at Christmas and it coming early this year!

Boogle at WS summed up the Spanish rumors
From the above I gather:

- All SW except Blood Claws seem to have True Grit as standard (as long as they carry Bolters), and can assault after shooting bolters.

- Blood Claws are WS4 and BS3, the lose the berserker charge and pick up Furious charge.

- Something about Long Fangs being better than they are currently, retaining Split Fire, but also allowing Fearless or Relentless? (Implacable)

- Still unknown if Bjorn is just 14 on his front armour or 14 all round

- Ragnar seems to offer +1A to the unit he joins on the charge

- October release date

Last edited by BDJV; 07-10-09 at 04:04 AM.

post #4 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 06:44 PM

Implacable for long fangs means Relentless (move and shoot the heavy weapons).
post #5 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Christ they sound mean.

I'll update the Rumour Roundup thread, thanks for keeping up with all of this!

post #6 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 07:05 PM
Heresy Blog Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elahir View Post
Implacable for long fangs means Relentless (move and shoot the heavy weapons).
Holy crap on a cracker that would be awesome! i was just coming to post that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syph View Post
Christ they sound mean.

I'll update the Rumour Roundup thread, thanks for keeping up with all of this!

No problem Mate! I feel like a Kid on Christmas morning right now!

Last edited by BDJV; 07-09-09 at 07:59 PM.
post #7 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 07:58 PM

Cato Sicarius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Jesus Christ!

Space Wolves sound just awesome! Here I come!
post #8 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 08:10 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

bugger it! now im gonna have to go to games day

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 08:39 PM
Heresy Blog Network

I am marveling at what looks like the return to Herohammer and 2nd edition flavor to the Wolf codex! I love what I'm seeing so far!

I really need to finish modelling my Long Fang 2nd ed hybrid kitbash unit. Cause I get the feeling I'll be using them a lot if these rumors pan out!
post #10 of 160 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 08:48 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Good work guys. I'm slightly disturbed at how excited I'm getting at the prospect of buying more little plastic men.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode