Planet Strike review. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-09, 11:44 AM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

according to matt, a staff member at my local store (and the embediment of awsome, in a sligthly weird way) PS plays like how 40k should be played.

exicted.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-17-09, 12:39 PM

admiraldick's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucius View Post
this seems like 40k siege to me admiraldick ,and I do miss kill team...
it certainly has elements of Siege in it (though having seen some of the Stratagems it now seems more like a rehash of CoD and Apoc), but its not quite the same thing. there is still room for a 40k expansion based around laying siege to a heavily fortified, high walled position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerEncarnate View Post
im wondering how viable it would be to have a game that based on the narrative would need either PS and CoD or PS and Apoc to do justice?
by the looks of it, it would not be very simple to combine any of them (other than Apoc and CoD). PS looks like the FOC is going to be quite a vital part of it (forcing the players to choose suitable armies with non-standard composition), where as Apoc totally reliquishes that part of the game to the player. also, the objectives of Apoc and PS seem to be mutually exclusive. if you ignore those two elements the question becomes moot.

as for CoD and PS, it seems that there isn't much scope for cross over, as the Stratagems are already practically identical, and there are seperate building rules in both. its possible that you could use CoD building rules instead of PS ones, but that wouldn't necessarily be a combination of the two expansions.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
No, just stuff that can otherwise Deep Strike...Spiders would be awesome defensively too - they can still DS, landing behind your vehicles and unleashing S6 death, or taking out stupid Guardsmen HWSs...

Anyway, Shrike and co may be impressive, but we've got 132 S6, 2 S8 Melta, and 1 S9, shots a turn...you've got none!
thats ok 2+/3+ inv watched 5 thunder hammers go through 1500pts of gaurd without a scratch its rare but sucks what it happens

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 02:03 PM

Sangus Bane's Flag is: Netherlands

I need planetstrike! I must buy!!!
...must...have...it...cause...it's........sooooooo ooo...coooool!

Please have a look at my space marines.

Lord Bane says: "Keep your water bill low, drink more beer!"

My girlfriend said she didn't like Daft Punk. She's single now. Hahahahahaha lol, just kidding. She's dead...
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
It's kinda sad when people are having RAW discussions about an expansion that isn't focused on competitive play. :-/
I agree katie.
When they haven't read the rules either lol, the good news all infantry units have deepstrike ability not just models in codex ALL being focussed word here.

tanks bikes cavalry walkers come on from attacter board edge. vehicles with deepstrike ability, landspeeders, dreads in pods etc have the deepstrike ability,

only thing is the scatter factor deep striking close to enemy for the assault is risky meaning you might die get placed in a corner etc. so remember that.

peace out peeps.
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 06:00 PM

admiraldick's Flag is: United Kingdom

i just went in store today and took a look through their copy. not sure how i feel about the game anymore.

it still seems just to bridge the gap between CoD and Apoc and not really introduce much to the game at all. there are abut 6 scenarios in the book, which is good, but it just doesn't seem to modify the game enough to justify its own existence. will have to play a number of games at a variety of sizes to see whether this really is a different way to play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangus Bane View Post
I need planetstrike! I must buy!!!
...must...have...it...cause...it's........sooooooo ooo...coooool!
it might be different outside of the UK, but here if you pre-order your copy it will be with you shortly. and if you pre-order it in store there's no postage.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-20-09, 08:06 PM

jimbob1254's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi all
I just managed to get a look at planetstrike at my friendly local independent store and I have to say that there is some interesting bits to it like the meteor strike which is a S10 AP1 large blast that scatters 3D6 instead of 2 but some of the stratagems are not the clearest rules to understand and its not just me being special, but I will say that there is some nice background about the crimson fists last stand and how you can do that in planetstrike.
One thing is for sure, is that it will be an interesting way to play 40k

'Jimbob'

I Reject your reality and substitute my own

Tale of gamers at GW Stevenage Black templars = W3/L2/D1

post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 10:08 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

I heard rumors that Chaos have ther Dread Claws in PS. I didnt see any special rules in the earlier post. So have I heard wrong (most likely, what does Chaos ever really get thats cool in 5th Edition)
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-24-09, 11:35 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
I heard rumors that Chaos have ther Dread Claws in PS. I didnt see any special rules in the earlier post. So have I heard wrong (most likely, what does Chaos ever really get thats cool in 5th Edition)
Obliterators.
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-26-09, 05:25 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

sweet shit

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode