Planet Strike review. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 11:24 AM

admiraldick's Flag is: United Kingdom

very interesting.

for a long time i've been struggling to get my head around what exactly Planetstrike adds to the game. for most of the 'rumour period' its seemed like little more than a single scenario with some 'wacky' rules thrown in for giggles. now that we're a lot closer, it seems like it genuinely will add something i.e. the chance to play and more involved form of assualt (though whether its a popular something remains to be seen).

i think the long term success of this game will depend on how balanced it is. if its infinitely more fun to be the assaulter (and so far it looks like it might be) i think that things might fall flat quite quickly.

also, it will be interesting to see where GW go from here. will they ever return to small more focused games, like ship-to-ship assaults or kill-team? or possibly produce more books on environments (like City Fight, Codex: Catachans and the never developed rules for zero-g, airless combat)? maybe they might even produce a 40k version of seige?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 02:54 PM

Lord Lucius's Flag is: Wales

this seems like 40k siege to me admiraldick ,and I do miss kill team...
anyway ,I just read the daemon dex ,and it says "the unit in the group that has been chosen to make the daemonic assault arrives on your first turn using the deep strike rules." make off that what you will ,but I(key word here I) say they CAN assault after DS just my opinion

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
history distorts everything...
wise words...
history abhores a paradox
join chaos...we have cookies
come to RPG Resources we have morenow with link!
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 03:15 PM

PowerEncarnate's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lucius View Post
this seems like 40k siege to me admiraldick ,and I do miss kill team...
anyway ,I just read the daemon dex ,and it says "the unit in the group that has been chosen to make the daemonic assault arrives on your first turn using the deep strike rules." make off that what you will ,but I(key word here I) say they CAN assault after DS just my opinion
if they cant assault then i see them being shredded as soon as they hit the field

All hail the Great Changer. May his arcane wisdom guide us to victory.

post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 05:24 PM

I really like the way that this is shaping up to allow for the introduction to a nice narrative campaign. Start with a Planet Strike game, go with a few regular/cities of death games to represent the mid stages of the campaign, then finish it with a big Apoc game with force and strategics modified based on how the previous games went. That would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Howard

A baby seal walked into a club.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 05:46 PM

PowerEncarnate's Flag is: USA

im wondering how viable it would be to have a game that based on the narrative would need either PS and CoD or PS and Apoc to do justice? Or all three? For instance mass landing of an entire marine chapter on a hive world that the heritic planetary governor has heavily entrinched and fortified, perhaps with the aid of a IW Warsmith and his marines.

All hail the Great Changer. May his arcane wisdom guide us to victory.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-12-09, 11:06 PM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerEncarnate View Post
if they cant assault then i see them being shredded as soon as they hit the field
Well I don't think so, seeing as all attackers MUST deep strike, there are just benefits for those with the rule already.
And as we haven't seen the exact wording of the rule (i.e., if it says "all units which could otherwise deepstrike normally...) it is impossible to predict exactly how it will interact with daemonic assault via RAW but it is my feeling that it will be worded such that only units who actually HAVE the special rule will benefit.

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-09, 02:50 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

It's kinda sad when people are having RAW discussions about an expansion that isn't focused on competitive play. :-/
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-13-09, 01:42 PM

scruff's Flag is: United Kingdom

Daemonic Assault will allow them to assault on the turn they come in

The Daemon rule I believe specifies everything... the Fearless, the Invun save, the Daemonic Assault...

Still, looking good! Hunt down the CSM asset, and i'll +Rep you immensely

post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-14-09, 12:59 AM

godzy's Flag is: Israel

Hadn't anyone think of the hell that an inquisitor with two sages will unleash on first turn? any imperial army can get a inquisitor and an inquisitor lord, for not too much.
Yup, this looks like the "KILLY" edition to me.

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 04:19 PM

if anything there might be an upgrade for deamons that they will be able to use that allows certain units to get the deep strike perk. Those stratagems for deamons might be very useful

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode