Space Wolves Discussion Thread - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-05-09, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Space Wolves Discussion Thread

Following the launch of Rumours Roundup forum, I've collated all the info I can get my paws (geddit?!) on here: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=35579

For your convenience, and to spark some debate on everyone's favourite Viking-dog technophobes, here's the roundup as it stands:

Everyone's favourite Space Puppies are apparently on their way as the next 40K codex following Imperial Guard this May. Current rumours:

Release date -
Quote:
Originally Posted by radical_psyker View Post
100% certain the Space Wolves book has already been re-written.
99% certain it will be released between Aug and Nov 2009.
80% certain it will be released between Sep and Oct 2009.
Rules -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowphrakt
-If drop pods are taken, the whole army must take them.

-Bjorn the Fellhanded has AV14 on all sides, better stats.

-There is some mad Wulfen character, who has his own personal drop pod. He can choose who he fights in combat, like a challenge in WFB. No-one else can fight him apart from the person he's attacking, unless said model is killed, in which case his squad can then attack him.

-All rules for Named Characters have been rebuffed - all of them can take terminator armour for +50 points. All Named Characters models are getting re-done, if not for the actual release then in subsequent releases.

-Any character can take terminator for 50pts, which includes weapons.

-Runic weapons I believe function as Relic blades, but with something else quite snazzy.

-Wolf Guard (in terminator armour) with lightning claws rack up 6 attacks on the charge each. A very broken thing to do (think this ill be omitted from the final codex) is put them with Ragnar Blackmane, who gives them Fleet of foot and rending, though dont' quote me on rending.

-Wolf guard in terminator armour with lightning claws are costing 60 points.

-Individual Wolf Guard can replace squad leaders - all should look individual.

-No model in the SW codex at all has the option to take a thunderhammer and storm shield.

-Wolf Scouts won't be troops.

-Wulfen are back in and TH SS combo isn't an entry, I believe.

-Wolf Guard as squad leaders are goign to be very indivudiaul - they're encouragin player sot model each like a "captain" if you will - very individual - a veteran - personal trophies and the like.

-From the recent space marine models (barring Hestan) they are shaping up to be very nice. Complete overhaul - as it should be. Blackmane is getting redone. As is Logan Grimnar. And the Wolf Priest Character as well.
(Updated with small changes)

As a small observation, when at WHW recently for a usual visit, I noticed that all recent rumoured armies were missing from the Citadel Miniature Hall cabinets - no IG, no Beasts of Chaos, no Skaven, no Space Wolves... Make of that what you will...

From BoLS:
Quote:
Whispers on the wind tell us the following:
Space Wolves have two new main sets planned:
-Wolf Guard in Terminator armour.
-Plastic Long Fangs set.
Currently the Grey Hunters and Blood Claws aren't getting much of a makeover; however, there is the high probability of a BT/DA style upgrade box/sprue.
There will also be several new metal figures released.
Continued talk and chatter is gelling around a September release slot for the Sons of Russ.
In addition - BoLS seem to think we may see a Australian release in October. I think we'll see them at Games Day in September, so that makes sense.

As news comes in, please post up and I can update the roundup. Have fun!

Last edited by Syph; 05-23-09 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 07:17 PM
Heresy Blog Network

BDJV's Flag is: USA

I am very excited to see the Wolves getting a new dex after 9 years. It cannot get here soon enough!

It's great to have all the rumors together in one place!
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Heresy's Graphics Slave

I'll keep updating as we go along, and when this thread becomes too big, I'll close and start again. Can't be doing with massive threads that are disjointed.

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 07:57 PM
Heresy Blog Network

BDJV's Flag is: USA

Very Kool, I promise to keep my ear to the ground in search of new rumors and confirmations!
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 09:49 PM

Cpt. Loken's Flag is: Australia

sounds cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEQinc View Post
Favourite: Night Haunter. He's Batman. In Space. On Crack.
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 10:43 PM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

I just think they'll just sell a upgrade packs for SWs because they have Devestator models and the terminator box set as well.

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-07-09, 11:05 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah, Im expecting an upgrade sprue (hopefully more then just 50 wolf tails) which will have a plasma gun or 2 on if we're lucky.. maybe even a flamer, though that might be spoiling us puppies (seriously, why is it that BC's only come with a melta when they are patethic at shooting, almost never heard of anyone not giving them the flamer and relying on PF or mebbe even melta bombs to deal with any tanks that get in their way)

Plastic seems to be the way to go and the termies are both metal and too small (still being 2nd ed size) I would expect new long fangs and termies (since if wolf guard are getting a beef up, and especially since the no TH/SS would render the current box set corribly unworkable). I'm hoping for more of a chaos sprue with wolf guard relying much more on their combi-weapon background- if they are made cool enough I might have to break my current trend of never taking termies in a serious game.

post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-08-09, 10:59 AM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

I might dig out my 2nd Ed SW army and redo them if this codex is as good as it sounds, though it will have to join the queue behind my other projects unless I get particularly excited by it!
post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-09-09, 09:49 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

i am praying for some serious love for the space wolves, im hoping that they get an upgrade sprues on par with what was released for the dark angels and black templars.
Plus i hope they get who sculpted the marauder horsemen heads to do the space wolf heads as i think they are the best human heads currently available.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-09-09, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Heresy's Graphics Slave

I think we could probably expect that there would be an upgrade sprue - I think we're seeing more of this from GW as a whole, and the Wolves are perfect for it. I just wonder what other goodies we might expect in terms of box sets. I started a Space Wolf army on the back of a German 2nd Ed Codex my dad got from a mate who worked at a Euro distribution hub - used to get my grandad and my German teacher to translate (she thought it was ace I was reading German Sci-fi lol).

I have loads of Space Marines I can't bear to paint blue anymore, so if there's an upgrade sprue I think they'll be 'having it'.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode