Vaz's news - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Vaz's news

Okay, been speaking to a good friend of mine, who's also a usually excellent source today, and he's given me a bit of information over what might be released in the next few months, for all major systems.

The major one, he said was Planetary Empires. He knew little about it, and couldn't disclose much more about it, BUT it's being released some time in the next 3 months, and that it's a "new campaign". His, and my belief is that it is the new 40K Campaign which uses the Planetary Strike book.
NB: Syph came up with the idea that it was the 40K version of the Might Empires for Fantasy, which is something I hadn't considered, so with that coming from the Big man, I'm prepared to believe that, with no other information available currently.

For Fantasy, we have new Empire Plastics. You may have already seen the Plastic Greatswords and Archers Games Workshop have showcased. But their big boy this time is a Plastic STEAM TANK.

Also, there is Plastic High Elven elites - multipart sets available to create 10 Plastic Swordmasters, Phoenix Guard, and White Lions. Also, an upgrade pack to transform Archers into Shadow Warriors (similar to Black Templars)

Apparently, there was some talk about Kislev as well being ONE OF THE NEW ARMIES, but that's a long time in the distance, but the removal of Everything but the Mordheim Kislevite model from the Online Store suggests remakes of the models. It's thought to be the First army of the rumoured 8th Edition Fantasy Game, and be Starter Box Material. By his words, (which he emphasised) I'm guessing there will be perhaps 2 or even more new armies. Nothing major, and with the estimated release of 8th being 2013-14 (due to the current time and development rates), they're a long time off.

One of the favourites though for LotR - Elves are getting a Plastic Boost - mainly with Galathrim/Elnaith, and a new Book (similar to Gondor in Flames). Galathrim, for those not in the know, are Plastic Elven Knights. Yes, finally, Elven Cavalry. Elnaith were the names of the Previous 'Whitedwarfbrew' High Elven Cavalry, and the new name suggests either Wood Elves, or perhaps even an interchangeable set.

A Plastic set for SKoDA's is in the works as well, no estimated time of release though, but expected for Christmas.

That's it, as soon as my source gets back to me, I'll attempt to get some more information.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:12 PM

radical_psyker's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
NB: Syph came up with the idea that it was the 40K version of the Might Empires for Fantasy, which is something I hadn't considered, so with that coming from the Big man, I'm prepared to believe that, with no other information available currently.
Syph, or me? https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...996#post361996

Planetary Empires is the 40K version of Mighty Empires and will be coming out a month after Planetstrike. The box contents are similar to Mighty Empires, with the same-sized book and the tiles obviously having different designs. There will be things like cities and hive spires and such.

As to Empire releases, we've seen lots of shots of the Steam Tank in weeks past (not the least of which on the GW website) but here's the latest crop new stuff for Empire from Games Day France. Two new Empire Captains on foot and sprues for Greatswords, Archers and Steam Tank. The painted Marious Leitdorf was on display too, but the pics from the UK Design Studio Open Day were better.

If you look at the second to last pic, you can see one of the plastic LotR riders sprues. I'm trying to find a better shot from the day of them, but no luck so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GDFR2009%20111.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	2527   Click image for larger version

Name:	GDFR2009%20112.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	2528   Click image for larger version

Name:	GDFR2009%20113.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	2529   Click image for larger version

Name:	GDFR2009%20114.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2530  

Name:	GDFR2009%20132.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	2531   Click image for larger version

Name:	00150.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	2532   Click image for larger version

Name:	00151.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	2533   Click image for larger version

Name:	00084.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2534  

Name:	00085.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2535  

Last edited by radical_psyker; 04-21-09 at 09:40 PM. Reason: typos
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Haha, my bad, my good friend, I hadn't seen that, I'd only seen Syphs post just tonight after I posted in the Planet strike thread. Cheers for the pics though. They look Wood Elven though, and not that multipart. Shame.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 10:09 PM

radical_psyker's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Haha, my bad, my good friend, I hadn't seen that, I'd only seen Syphs post just tonight after I posted in the Planet strike thread. Cheers for the pics though. They look Wood Elven though, and not that multipart. Shame.
No worries, I'm not really serious, after all I never actually spelled out what Planetary Empires was in my post the other day.

Getting back to your opening post and LotR, GW put the Galadhrim Sneak Peek up on their website today by the way:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...p?aId=15800014

Edit: and Haldir too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m2560168_Galadhrim-Warriors.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	2536   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2560169_Gal_Bow_370.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	2537   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2560170_Gal_Glaive_370.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2538   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2560171_Gal_Spear_370.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	2539  

Name:	m2560173_Gal_Knight_Bow_370.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	2540   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2560174_Gal_Knight_Glaive_370.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2541   Click image for larger version

Name:	m2560172_Haldir_370.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2542  

Last edited by radical_psyker; 04-21-09 at 10:14 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-09, 10:13 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

sigh so much for not spemnding any money on warhammer this term

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 02:18 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hmmm, and after I considered just buying a Mighty Empires set, and converting the tiles...It can wait until July/August then I suppose

Thanks Vaz, Syph, and Radical_psyker!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 02:34 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Wow, the new Elves look beautiful! Much better than any other army from LoTR, the knights are the best looking ones so far!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 04:59 AM

Judas Masias's Flag is: USA

Is there any word of when the new plastic Plaguebearers, Horrors, and Daemon Prince will be commeing out?

Space Wolves: Wins-24 Loss-6 Draw-7
My Conversions
Bjorn the Fellhanded Conversion:http://blog.spikeybits.com/2010/09/c...ll-handed.html
Plastic Abaddon Conversion:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=70426
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 06:41 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

Plastic High elf elites? Yay! That should make my fantasy part of the hobby a bit cheaper.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-22-09, 03:09 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

Was any time scale given about the plastic High Elves? Not keen on the plastic upgrades for Shadow Warriors as I'm not a fan of the current High Elf archers, but it's certainly a step in the right direction and makes a lot of sense.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode