New Datasheets on GW - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-11-09, 09:43 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

posting from work

I have got to make me a Nurgle Doomsday Device :D

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 12:58 AM

Lord_Murdock's Flag is: Canada

A little understood piece of darkage technology as a doomsday device... I'm totally going to make an antique television or a refrigerator to count as a doomsday device!
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 01:23 AM
Triangulum's Flag is: USA

Location: Lurking in the Shadows between the Darkness and the Light

I honestly dont like the new baneblade variants. For one thing I think that they will become more commonplace than the baneblade simply cause their is more in the box which wouldnt fit the background and anything that leads to the massive proliferation of Strength D will just be annoying as hell. In addition it seems like the bulk of them are just made up so that they can justify having them in the box without doing anything really different from one of the existing tanks. Every one of them has a match in the list of Baneblade, Shadowsword, Stormblade, Hellhammer with possibly the exception of the transport. Literally all they did was put new names on annoying vehicles.

I wish they would do some smaller scale stuff for marines though. Most of what we got in reload is rules for formations that would cost over 1000 of dollars to collect.

All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 02:58 AM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum View Post
I honestly dont like the new baneblade variants. For one thing I think that they will become more commonplace than the baneblade simply cause their is more in the box which wouldnt fit the background and anything that leads to the massive proliferation of Strength D will just be annoying as hell. In addition it seems like the bulk of them are just made up so that they can justify having them in the box without doing anything really different from one of the existing tanks. Every one of them has a match in the list of Baneblade, Shadowsword, Stormblade, Hellhammer with possibly the exception of the transport. Literally all they did was put new names on annoying vehicles.

I wish they would do some smaller scale stuff for marines though. Most of what we got in reload is rules for formations that would cost over 1000 of dollars to collect.
Considering Marines already get more then half the updates and new models per edition I don't think they should get anything at all. And Guard need something new, yes there all just minor differences between them, but there different.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 04:29 AM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

The evil eye stompa is...really crappy.

Think about it. You can fit 6 deffkoptas inside a regular or big mek stompa, and 10 into a klawstompa, and they can all launch at once (if the same unit) and don;t have to make DT tests.

Whoever thought of that half assed copta gimmick really needed to read the apocalypse transport rules.

Aside from the spotter rule (meh, reroll on a 2+ to hit?) and a couple extra grot bombs, it;s really nothing special. Also they got the Supa Gattler stats wrong.

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 12:52 PM

CamTheApostle's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Meh... each to their own, mate.

I agree that GW seems to be pulling this shit out of their tail-pipes. I mean, where are the Stormblades and the Stormhammers? Those are in Epic. Was the Hellhammer?

However, I still like these new things. They are interesting alternatives and will add variety to the super-heavy tanks out there. As for fluff, this is Warhammer 40K here. There are about a bujillion different varients on the toothbrush. The Aquila pattern toothbrush may be the most popular and common, but its a big universe.

Quote:
Yeah... because the Masters of the Chapters and Marius Calgar's formation aren't small scale, very cost-efficient for free assets, and completely exclusive to marines. And 'small scale' seems completely counter to the very concept of apocalypse.

If you don't like em, make your own. Make it "Triangulum's Custom Marine Formation, because he doesn't think there are enough", and put in it whatever you want. We have this rather long and well loved thread dedicated to that sorta stuff.

Marines need more love and attention like the Sahara needs sand.

Well, that is my $0.03 worth (damn you weak american dollar!)
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 02:00 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
The evil eye stompa is...really crappy.

Think about it. You can fit 6 deffkoptas inside a regular or big mek stompa, and 10 into a klawstompa, and they can all launch at once (if the same unit) and don;t have to make DT tests.

Whoever thought of that half assed copta gimmick really needed to read the apocalypse transport rules.

Aside from the spotter rule (meh, reroll on a 2+ to hit?) and a couple extra grot bombs, it;s really nothing special. Also they got the Supa Gattler stats wrong.

I wasn't aware you could put jetbikes inside transports period. This would make me very interested and happy. Do you have a reference showing you can do this? Other than the current Datafax that specifically indicates it.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 02:43 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
I wasn't aware you could put jetbikes inside transports period. This would make me very interested and happy. Do you have a reference showing you can do this? Other than the current Datafax that specifically indicates it.
The Apocalypse book itself shows in the back that pretty much anything can be transported bar other super heavy vehicles. Non-infantry units can only be transported by super heavy transports, though. So no need to worry about a Dreadnought cramming himself into a Rhino or something.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 03:06 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
The Apocalypse book itself shows in the back that pretty much anything can be transported bar other super heavy vehicles. Non-infantry units can only be transported by super heavy transports, though. So no need to worry about a Dreadnought cramming himself into a Rhino or something.
Well, Drat. No superheavy Eldar Transports. That precludes the Guardian Jetbike Strike Force.

Though a Swarm of DethCoptas coming from the Ork Submerible is...intriguiging.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 03:08 PM
Executive Nitpicker

Galahad's Flag is: USA

p198 of Apocalypse (near the back cover), right above the allies matrix.

Unless otherwise specified, super-heavy transports can carry almost anything. The chart shows how many normal infantry models it costs to carry a model of a given type

Infantry (25mm round base), Artillery (crew) = 1
Infantry (larger than 25mm round base), Jump Infantry = 2
Cavalry/Beast, Bike/Jetbike = 3
Artillery (gun) = 5
Monstrous Creature, Walker = 10
Other Vehicles = N/A unless specified

-=============]xxxxo Galahad oxxxx[=============-
Check out the Heresy Combat Calculator -- MathHammer Made Easy!

Codex: Angels Errant. Read it, please.
Heresy Forum Rules -- Read them, damnit!
Reporting: When/How/Why -- Read that too!
"...remember the Golden Rule: Chill out, they're only plastic spacemen!" -Brother Jazzman
"Galahad is 100% correct in his explanation. Anyone who says otherwise to [him] is vastly mistaken." -The Wraithlord
"You know what? Fuck DC comics." -Robert Downey Junior

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode