GW Holiday Events - US - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-08, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default GW Holiday Events - US

This one slipped by without me noticing.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...2&aId=11800001

Quote:
Holiday Events

December 6-7
Bizarre Bazaar Weekend!

Got some old figures collecting dust under your bed? Maybe you've that you just never got around to building, or maybe you're just looking start up a new army! Well, the answer to your dilemma is here. Come Hobby Center over the weekend as we open up the shop for you
hobbyists! Games Workshop product only! Ask staff for details.

December 13-14
Parent Appreciation Weekend

Bring Mom and Dad into the shop and show them what your hobby is all about! You'll have the
opportunity to participate in a weekend full of gaming, hobbying, and contests and we'll have some refreshments and raffles to keep you going! While you're at the store, take advantage of the opportunity and make sure they know about your Wish List... You don't want socks for Christmas, do you?

December 19-20
"Twas the Saturday before Christmas..."

And all through the Hobby Center, lots of Creatures were stirring. All day there will be gaming and
hobby activity with a large model focus. Bring in your Chaos Spawn, Carnifex, Fell Beasts, and Giants, or get some help building them. Ask staff for schedule details.

December 27
The End of the Path

Hundreds of Exalted Heroes have brought their massive warbands to the end of their journey from the Chaos Wastes and frozen lands of Norsca. On the plains of Kislev, these warbands will bring together stones of great power to build a temple through which they will attempt to summon the Dark Gods. Unless the old alliances can be rekindled, the forces of destruction will win. This Warhammer Legendary Battle promises to be the stuff of legend! Call for details.

December 28
Gorbag's Waaaaagh Begins!
Ork Warlord Gorbag has finally dragged his mighty Waaaaagh! from the depths of the Warp and is now ready to plunder the fertile systems before him. While many forces stand against the Orks, only the Emperor's Finest - the Adeptus Astartes - stand at the forefront, ready to rain drop pods filled with Space Marines upon the greenskin menace. Call and sign up for this epic battle!

January 4
Wish List Raffle

Fill out a wish list IN STORE for a chance to win a completly painted army! Use the list to make sure you get the units you need for your army and have a chance to win an army to add some reinforcements that are ready to go! Anyone that fills out a Wish List will be entered into the raffle on Sunday, January 4th. The winner must be present to win.
Anyone know if this is happening Globally or just the US?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-08, 04:00 PM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

what i wana know is, when are the UK GW's going to run events in there stores like the US ones do??

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 02:35 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Parent Appreciation weekend? Sounds interesting, except I have another darned wrestling tournament on Saturday, and I doubt Sunday would be any good. They usually drain all the fun out at the end of Saturday. Has anyone been to that event before, and what's it like? I'll probably go to enter that wish list raffle, but does anyone have more details, cuz if you put in a 10,000 point army on your wish list, I'm sure they're not gonna give it to you.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-08, 11:14 PM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

I don't think anyone here really cares, but GW Academy classes are also 25% off according to the link jez posted. Could be a good way to get a kid or a friend into the game I suppose.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-08, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadian81st View Post
I don't think anyone here really cares, but GW Academy classes are also 25% off according to the link jez posted. Could be a good way to get a kid or a friend into the game I suppose.
or get a good deal on the army case! Would they let veterans sign up for the academy? Oh, and how was Parent Appreciation Weekend yesterday?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmaniac View Post
or get a good deal on the army case! Would they let veterans sign up for the academy? Oh, and how was Parent Appreciation Weekend yesterday?
Frak if i know. I can't stand those tittering little twelve year olds from the other end of the table, much less when they're invading my personal space and hocking SM bits off of me. (I play guard too, which is the mind boggling thing. It's as if they've been indoctrinated to think that playing SM is a requirement to participate in the hobby or something...)

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 12:39 AM

officer kerky's Flag is: Australia

jez is this just at your local GW or worldwide because i think my local gw NEWCASTLE AUSTRALIA is doing something different.

but who cares i just want games and kill models hehehe
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 01:18 AM

It's on the US portion of the GW site, so yeah, Australia is probably doing something different.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-09, 02:32 AM

Just curious, does anyone have any clue what the painted armies they gave away were?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-09, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwieldysquid View Post
Just curious, does anyone have any clue what the painted armies they gave away were?
Welcome to Heresy, by the way

Unfortunately, the raffle has already been drawn, yesterday in fact, and the store decides which army it is. For my store it was a fully painted army of Bretonnians (I so wanted that army), but I think every store decides which army to give away, most likely an army that isn't needed much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode