[News] Holy Emperor, WHAT IS THIS HERESY?! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-18, 08:34 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Can't help but remember the short part of "Our Friend Promethium" in Caves of Ice right now. I wonder if they'll ever publish an Imperial children's book... The reviews certainly seem good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberley Vail
Of course it's the illustrations which are the real charm of this little book, particularly those of its narrator, Pyrus the Flame. Even now I can't help smiling at the expressions on the faces of the heretics he's burning on page twenty-eight, just as I did as a child all those years ago.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-26-18, 02:29 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

I would have loved these as a kid. Darker fantasy like Elric of Melnibone, and other Michael Moorcock stories, hooked me into being a voracious reader. These books would have been welcome additions to what I was reading then. (Regardless of what kind of fantasy genre they end up belonging to.) I have every intention of getting these and reading them. Both by myself and with my son.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-27-18, 03:01 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-18, 07:43 AM

XD What next? Game of Thrones adventure books?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33248942_10155959620815379_2191502364089778176_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	959989930  

To err is 'umie, to WAAAAAAGH id divine!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-18, 11:35 AM
jamesvalentine's Flag is: England

I don't see the problem. 40k is not grimdark at all. So it's hardly dumbing anything down.
And most older players don't really give a damn about the background and fluff. So it's not an issue.
You've gotta give someone the attention.
After all the London GT has taught us the modern generation GW fan has no self respect or standards.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-18, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesvalentine View Post
I don't see the problem.
Gonna have to disagree with pretty much everything you just said.

Quote:
40k is not grimdark at all. So it's hardly dumbing anything down.
Mankind still stands at the brink of destruction, with the Imperium now torn in half and the forces of chaos no longer held within the eye of terror. Guilliman may be able to make a number of sweeping changes to hold the line and even push it at times, but he is still only one primarch and his forces cannot be everywhere they are needed.

Quote:
And most older players don't really give a damn about the background and fluff.
Uh yeah, most older player still do care about the background and fluff. Thats why older players had a few issues with the introduction of the primaris marines at first. Thats why the events leading up to 8th edition meant a lot to some people.

Perhaps you do not care about the background and fluff, but you dont speak for all older players.

Quote:
After all the London GT has taught us the modern generation GW fan has no self respect or standards.
I think perhaps you need to explain this one a little.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-18, 11:06 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

@darkreever - he's likely referring to the London Grand Tournament's problems (at least some of which are likely due to it being their first time). One issue was the 'terrain'... The majority of tables had 7 bits of glued-together polystyrene. Some sponsored tables looked quite a bit better, but... not a great impression. Some pics at St. Andrew's Wargaming's review.

Mind you, if he's doing the tournament scene he's likely running into people who care more about list optimizations than lore, so he's probably correct in stating those older gamers not caring about lore

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode