Las Vegas Opening Reveals - Aelves, Xenos, Knights and More! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lord of the Night
  • 1 Post By Old Man78

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-18, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Las Vegas Opening Reveals - Aelves, Xenos, Knights and More!

Lots of epic reveals from the Las Vegas opening. First and foremost, the Aelves are returning to Age of Sigmar and the Hag Queen herself will be leading them!

The Daughters of Khaine are looking fantastic! So many glimpses of new units, lets tick them off one by one.
-A commander with some kind of metal wings (fake or real??).
-What looks like Witch Aelf archers with serpentine bodies and Sisters of Slaughter with serpentine bodies and spears. Likely dual-kit.
-Sisters of Slaughter with bat wings and spears and Witch Aelves with bat wings and a sword and shield combo. Another likely dual-kit.
-Classic Witch Aelves and Doomfire Warlocks will still be part of the army.
-And finally Morathi herself, and uhh... she seems to have changed a touch...

Well I do already have multiple Age of Sigmar armies (Stormcast both regular and vanguard, Flesh-Eaters, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords and Tzeentch Arcanites) so... i'll definitely be adding these lovely ladies to that list!!

The Fyreslayers will also be joining the damned warbands of Shadespire with a brand new release!

Impressive looking figures, a good addition to any Fyreslayer players army for sure. Not a release i'm interested in, but as usual i'm impressed by the sculpts and the design.

40k is getting some reinforcments as well, firstly the Knight Houses are being expanded with the new Mini-Knights! Also known as Armiger Warglaives these smaller Knights have quite the interesting lore behind them. "Smaller than their cousins and crewed by aspiring nobles, low-born commoners with a knack for war, or even the bastard children of Barons and High Kings, Armigers hunt and fight at the flanks of their larger kin. Knight Armigers will open up new tactical possibilities for Imperial Knights players, like a medieval lord hunting with his hounds, benefiting from a wider range of army builds."

I'll definitely be adding these to my Knightly court at some point, brilliant idea to enhance the knights beyond a one unit army. Very curious how powerful these bad boys will be and what power levels we are looking at.

In addition the Necrons are receiving some reinforcements in the form of the first ever PLASTIC Cryptek!

A glorious looking figure that i'm sure every Necron player will want. Love the little scarab disk he's riding on and connected to at the spine, plus his long staff is no longer guaranteed to break like it was with the Notfinecast version.

And to close it all off the Xenos will finally be receiving some 8th edition love with the Dark Eldar, Tau and Necron codexs confirmed for release later in the year. No actual date has been confirmed yet but I can't imagine they are far off. Also really liking the repaint for the Tau Commander on the new codex, looks like the Vior'la Sept colours are going to be the new main for the Tau Empire.

LotN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LVOPresentation-Jan25-Codex1rfh.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	959988889  
Old Man78 likes this.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-18, 08:55 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Ooohhhh mini knights, me likey

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-18, 06:09 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Yeah, loving the knight. It's like a mini Atropos, so maybe two of them would make good hunting pack mates for the Atropos sitting on my shelf waiting to be assembled.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-18, 08:01 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Yeah, loving the knight. It's like a mini Atropos, so maybe two of them would make good hunting pack mates for the Atropos sitting on my shelf waiting to be assembled.
Here is your brother! A large part of the sprue pile is made up of a knight, he could do with 2 askari to flank him......in that sprue pile!
Khorne's Fist likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode