Battlefleet Gothic Armada II announced - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-18, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default Battlefleet Gothic Armada II announced

Quote:
Originally posted by Focus Home Entertainment

We are pleased to officially announce the development for PC of the sequel to Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the real-time strategy game that portrays the epic space battles from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Get a first sneak peek at the game in the official Reveal Trailer!

Largely expanding on the groundwork laid out by the first game, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is a full-blown sequel - bigger, richer, more impressive and more ambitious than the original game.

It will include, at launch, all 12 factions from the original tabletop game and its expansion Armada it is based on: the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.

The latest dramatic story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, the Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, will serve as the canvas for several, extensive and dynamic campaigns that will be playable either alone or in drop-in/drop-out cooperative mode with a friend.

With bigger battles, refined gameplay, improved multiplayer modes and features for a better and more balanced online experience, improvements across the board and even more customisation options for fleets and ships, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 promises to be the ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space battle experience.

The game is planned for release on PC in 2018, and will be first presented to the press during Focus's yearly event in Paris, le What's Next de Focus, on February 7-8.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 01-24-18 at 10:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-18, 02:12 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I just want the board game back😣

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-18, 03:03 PM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
I just want the board game back😣
Tell me about it!

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-24-18, 03:38 PM

What irks me about most of these new Warhammer franchise games of late is that the first one come out, does ok, but has inherent bugs. Then a patch and a DLC comes out which costs another fiver on top of the 25 initially paid. That works about the same price as a normal game, so far so good.

Then the game stops being developed, the bugs remain, the users drop off drastically and the game dies...

But Lo! Here cometh the second incarnation!! Still basically the same as before, but with a fresh render. That'll be 30 please.

It seems to have become the basic GW business model as this extends to the new necromunda, the "eliminate rules and book bloat" 8th edition, and the digital franchises.

It wouldn't be so bad, except they now charge for FAQ. So they charge to fix something that was broken on release. If it was a boiler, I'd contact the manufacturer and get it done under warranty.

GW. The EA of the tabletop world.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-18, 09:11 AM
jamesvalentine's Flag is: England

I wish I had a computer to play it on. I only have the mobile version.
but I just hope all this is pushing interest for the return of a proper BFG tabletop game (and not the rumoured horus heresy smaller ship version)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode