Great Unclean One Incoming! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-17, 02:50 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DSick View Post
...that's my issue right there. I'd be more inclined to save up for the Horror movie and not the Satuday morning cartoon.

(I really am not fan of this new direction for chaos. :sadface: )
I'd say your issue is 90% paint job though. Desaturate and darken the green a bit, add more red and shiny for the wounds to up the bloodiness, and we're right back in horror movie territory.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-17, 02:27 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Two new heralds as well.

Previously, Nurgle only had one kind of Herald available, known appropriately as a Herald. However, these guys only represented some of the myriad servants available to the God of Plagues, and with the new Codex: Chaos Daemons and Battletome: Maggotkin of Nurgle, Heralds are getting more diverse than ever.

Our favourite has to be the Sloppity Bilepiper, a miniature that sums up the repugnant jollity of Nurgle perfectly. Armed with a set of jolly gutpipes and a marotter (crafted from the remains of the previous Sloppity Bilepiper), these Heralds are the victims and carriers of the Chortling Murrain, a disease that causes its victims to laugh themselves to death. Sloppity Bilepipers cavort and joke with Nurglings, Great Unclean Ones and Beasts of Nurgle (but not Plaguebearers, who lack a sense of humour) and strike horror into the hearts of their mortal foes.

Meanwhile, the Spoilpox Scrivener is a downright dour creature by comparisonÖ Itís the job of the Spoilpox Scriveners to ensure that Plaguebearers meet their tallies, a job they accomplish by relentlessly browbeating and bullying their counterparts with a barrage of insults and commands. On the tabletop, the Spoilpox Scrivener will ensure that your Plaguebearers fight harder, making them a handy strategic lynchpin for the rest of your army.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2626.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	959988561   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2627.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	959988569  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-17, 04:41 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I think those two heralds look ridiculous to be honest, the great unclean one looks good, lacks the sinister look of the Forge world model but definitely captures the pure disgusting look

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-17, 01:50 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
I think those two heralds look ridiculous to be honest, the great unclean one looks good, lacks the sinister look of the Forge world model but definitely captures the pure disgusting look
The Scrivener mostly looks good to me; the Mick-Jagger lips really don't fit the rest though.
Old Man78 likes this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-17, 07:35 PM
Dazed and confused.

Full range of Nurgle products and releases in Jan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2634.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	959988585  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-17, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Surprised by the Beast of Nurgle being a single model kit. Really hoping it's a reasonable price like the Blight-hauler was, otherwise assembling a decent sized unit of them will be expensive. Other then that the range is looking damn good, will definitely have to add a Daemonic warband as summoned allies to my Death Guard in the future, once I finish painting all the new kits i've gotten over the holidays.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-17, 01:20 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I can't get behind Nurgle at all, I know they are tough but just pure disgusting. If I ever go Chaos it would be Khorne all the way, it is the only deity I could possibly relate to and understand how someone could fall to it.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-17, 04:00 PM
Dazed and confused.

Not sure about the new beast.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2637.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	959988593  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-17, 04:32 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Scroll up a bit, the video has them for "6 beasts a leaping" for some more variety. Not sure why they chose to photograph this one from this angle, it's probably the dumbest-looking you can get it.

And the more models I see in this paint scheme, the less I like it... It's like the studio is trying to get an R-rated model range past a PG-rated marketing executive. It's rather making me worried for any eventual Slaanesh update... that IS the only god left that needs one now.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode