Codex: Death Guard First Look, plus Codex Adeptus Mechanicus - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Einherjar667
  • 1 Post By DaisyDuke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Codex: Death Guard First Look, plus Codex Adeptus Mechanicus

Looks like a bloat drone kit with weapons options is coming, and those termies look fantastic. And, could that be Typhus with the up-raised scythe?

The Death Guard are almost here, and with them, yet another new codex for Warhammer 40,000.

We know you’ve been asking to see more of the Death Guard ever since we teased them back in March, and today, your patience is rewarded:

This is one of the most exciting armies of the new edition, and you can expect to see loads of new and revamped units (you may be able to pick out a few of them from the picture, if you’re not too distracted by just how awesome Mortarion looks leading his Legion).

That’s not all – we’re also very excited to announce today that Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus is next in line for release!

The Adeptus Mechanicus are being re-armed for the new edition with their best codex ever. This book will contain rules for fielding the Cult Mechanicus, the Skitarii and the Knights of the Questor Mechanicus, alongside – for the first time – powerful faction rules for seven forge worlds.

Codex: Death Guard will be out in September, with Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus not far behind. We’ll be previewing both books, in detail, in advance of their release, so make sure to keep coming back to Warhammer Community to make sure you don’t miss any of it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-2/

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 08-22-17 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 01:57 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Looking awesome. As a Death Guard player since the beginning, I am stoked.

The tanks in the back look wicked cool as well.
Khorne's Fist likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 03:50 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks like I better save some more pennies, those scythe wielding terminaters and new typhus on top of morty are going to be a pretty sum. But will fit in nicely with what I already have. Guess I might get some paint on the mk1 predator b4 the new dex hits.
Khorne's Fist likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 06:27 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

I'm 50/50 with the Mortarion model. It's super detailed and well sculpted, but it kind of goes against everything the Death Guard stood for, which was simplicity and functionality. This was captured perfectly in the forgeworld model. GW Mortarion's face is just a mess. I know we haven't been given any clear pictures, but I struggle to make out what the hell is going on. There's too much happening on the model. But the wings are wonderful.
If I had a limitless wallet, I would buy both GW and FW models and, using the FW model as the base, mod the hell out of him. Even putting the GW wings onto the FW model would be awesome.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 06:59 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Interesting pose
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-17, 11:55 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Here's a fun picture I found on Fb of someone making sure we all know that's Typhus and not just another Terminator:

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode