Space Marine Prereleases - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Space Marine Prereleases

That dread is a monster.

Quote:
Redemptor Dreadnoughts are giant war machines that crush bone and splinter skulls as they bludgeon through enemy ranks. Taller, broader and more cunningly wrought than the Dreadnoughts of traditional design, these goliaths of battle are powered by hyper-dense reactors and sophisticated fibre bundles. They can accelerate from a thudding stomp to a loping, thunderous gait that shakes the ground, barrelling through hails of fire in glorious defiance. Such is the miraculous design of the Redemptor’s neural links that its inhabitant, despite being entombed in the sarcophagus within the Dreadnought’s chest, can exercise control with surprising dexterity and speed.

This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought. Standing twice the height of the already-tall Primaris Space Marines – and taller and broader than the standard Dreadnought – this is an exceptionally aggressive-looking model that befits its status as a powerhouse on the gaming table. It comes with a choice of gatling cannon or plasma incinerator on the right arm, with a Redemptor fist and heavy flamer support weapon or gatling cannon on the left, 2 chest-mounted fragstorm grenade launchers or storm bolters and a carapace-mounted Icarus rocket pod for aerial denial.

The heavy armour on the chest – replete with flat surfaces and sharp lines, perfect for adding transfers and detail – of the Redemptor Dreadnought can be modelled to pivot open, showing the sarcophagus interred within. The adventurous hobbyist can remove the pegs from the waist, arms and legs of the model too, allowing for a greater range of posing options.

The Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought comes as 109 components, and is supplied with a Citadel 90mm Round base and a transfer sheet.

Old Man78 and Mdauben like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Seeing these minis without the missile racks has changed my mind about them. While you might lose some effectiveness, the fact they look much better is worth it IMO.

Quote:
Clad in heavy Gravis armour, Aggressor Squads advance on the foe as walking fortresses of ceramite. More mobile than some other Space Marines, they’re better able to negotiate rough ground, making them versatile troops; while they are often employed in specific circumstances or on certain terrain, Aggressor Squads are used as reserves to plug breaches in gun lines or to spearhead an advance. The range of their weaponry is not too long, but when they get close enough to open fire, the result is a sweeping fusillade of large-calibre bolter shells that can shatter enemy charges.

This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a 3-man Primaris Aggressor Squad. Extremely heavily armoured, their silhouette is wider and chunkier than most Primaris Space Marines, due in no small part to the choice of auto boltstorm gauntlets or flamestorm gauntlets. There are three sets of each, with every weapon featuring pipes or belts that are fed from the enormous backpack. One set of flamestorm gauntlets features retracted barrels, as in close combat fists speak louder than flames… Should you choose the boltstorm gauntlets, the Aggressors can also take a fragstorm grenade launcher.

You have the option of assembling 3 Aggressors or 2 Aggressors and a Sergeant; a host of options are available either way. There are 6 heads for the standard Aggressors, with respirators on the mask of those using flamestorm gauntlets, and 2 more specific heads for the Sergeant. The flamestorm-wielding Aggressors have their own shoulder pads, featuring larger blast shielding to protect them from the immense operating temperatures of their weapons. Also included are reliquaries and purity seals, with special examples for Sergeants featuring extra skulls.

The Primaris Aggressors come as 107 components, and are supplied with 3 Citadel 40mm Round bases.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Default Reivers

I really like the carbines with the foregrips, and the pose on the RG drawing his dagger. The grav chutes look a bit flimsy for their purposes, but overall it looks like a very nice kit.

Quote:
All Space Marines are experts of the rapid strike, but Reivers take these skills to the next level. They are specially trained and equipped to launch brutally effective and unexpected assaults. They do this with a sudden fury and shocking violence, for the Reivers fulfil the role of terror troops that sow fear and confusion amongst their foes.

This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble a 10-man Primaris Reiver Squad. Clad in sleek yet brutally functional Mk X power armour, they feature a great deal of practical details – they each carry a great deal of extra ammunition and equipment pouches, as well as grenade harnesses and blade sheaths.

The models can be assembled as either a 10-man squad, a squad of 9 Reivers with a Sergeant or 2 separate 5-man squads, each with a Sergeant of their own. Each has an impressive selection of weapon options; 10 heavy bolt pistols, 12 bolt carbines and 14 combat knives are included, with the loadout options being carbine, pistol and carbine or pistol and combat knife. 2 of the sets of arms for combat knives feature a communications array on the vambrace, designed for the Sergeants. The bolt carbines each feature foregrips and curved mags for that tactical look, and 2 of them are modelled in the middle of reloading. Each model can also take a grapnel launcher – 10 are included in holsters, with a further 4 to be held in the right hand.

Each model can also feature grav-chutes – 20 fins are included, 10 for each side of the Reivers’ backpacks. They have plenty of helmet options, too – 10 helmets featuring their unique skull design, 10 with the top removed and the lower half remaining and 4 Sergeant-specific bare heads. Each chest plate is decorated with a skull and crossed dagger motif.

The Primaris Reivers come as 228 components, and are supplied with 10 Citadel 32mm Round bases and a transfer sheet.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 07-23-17 at 08:00 PM.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Default Next week's preorders

The Repulser is huge, and the array of weapons on it is pretty massive. It's going to pack a serious punch. And that Chaplain...

Faith, Fury, and Firepower: Space Marines Preview

The Space Marines are about to get even deadlier – the Primaris Apothecary, Primaris Chaplain and the Repulsor tank are joining the reinforcements accompanying the new Space Marines codex.

The Primaris Chaplain is the latest imposing iteration of a classic Space Marine hero. His Mk X power armour has been decorated with the symbols of his office, including a grim-looking skull mask and a spiky iron halo. In one hand, he carries his signature crozius arcanum, while the other wields a high-calibre absolver bolt pistol – this is no mere sidearm, but a pretty nasty weapon in its own right. The Primaris Chaplain is naturally a brutal melee combatant and can drive Space Marines into a killing frenzy; we think he makes a nice companion, visually and tactically, to the Primaris Reivers.

The Primaris Apothecary is a key support character for the Space Marines, and you’ll want one in your army to make the most out of your other units. The Primaris Apothecary can heal your multi-wound models, and even bring casualties back to the fight – this is great for your more elite infantry. The Apothecary model is packed with detail: vials containing the gene-seed of his brethren, advanced medical equipment and a reductor pistol. The reductor is designed to punch through Space Marine armour quickly and cleanly; in a pinch it can do much the same to the skull of a rampaging Ork Warlord and is a pretty nifty offensive weapon. (FYI – if you were wondering who the dead Space Marine was from the June 14th Rumour Engine, he’s from this model’s base.)

The Repulsor is a brutal battle tank, an armoured firebase as much as a transport. To call this a skimmer would do it a disservice; the Repulsor grinds forward on a thrumming wave of force supporting a hull nearly as durable as the Land Raider. Offensively, the Repulsor can be equipped with a dizzying array of weaponry: gatling cannons, las-weapons, bolters, grenade launchers and rocket pods, while defensively, auto launchers confuse incoming fire while the repulsor field makes the tank harder to charge. This would be a threatening vehicle if it was just a battle tank, but it’s also capable of carrying a deadly cargo of 10 Primaris Space Marines into battle. Aggressors and other close-support units will particularly benefit from new deployment options like the Repulsor.

These new units will be available able to pre-order on Saturday; in the meantime, you can pick up their rules in Codex: Space Marines.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 07-23-17 at 08:11 PM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Digging the chaplain, with the exception of his skull baton..I mean crozius.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Digging the chaplain, with the exception of his skull baton..I mean crozius.
I thought the same, then realised that it actually makes it easier to fit your own chapter appropriate crozius head, so I'm wondering if it's a deliberate choice.
Entarion likes this.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 09:45 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I'm going to be all over that dread and chaplain like a tramp eating chips. You are right about the missile pods on the aggressors, they look better without them, but I think the missile pods look too much like tau crisis suit pods and that's why they don't work, should have just stuck to a cyclone type unit

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-23-17, 10:53 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

I like the Aggressors with or without the missile pods, but I see what you mean @Khorne's Fist . I honestly want to field both versions for dealing with the massed infantry that seems to be one of the more effective tactics currently. Also speaking of mowing down large numbers, the Redemptor Dreadnought's gattling cannon is probably the way I'm going to go along with the underslung heavy flamer. (Depending on how magnetizable the arm is. Then I'll have both options, thank you.) I'm also wondering exactly how posable the big guy actually is
The Primaris Chaplain looks so much better now that I've gotten a good look at him. I actually like the trimmed down baton/staff/crozius. Its simplified design looks more like a thing representing his office and far more weildable than the previous designs. It looks pretty menacing honestly. Maybe that's just the whole model.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-24-17, 08:04 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

New Primaris releases are getting better and better.

Redemptor - Love the gatling gun style and fist. Classic dread is classic and iconic but I think this one looks cool as well. Lots of space for customization and conversion.

Aggressors - I like the gravis armour but these ones are too mono-pose. Especially hands which are connected to backpack with cables and ammo belts. Repositioning would require too much work. I would like to see melee version in future.

Reivers - Beautiful kit. Great pose variations. This is what intercessors box should look like. Lack of shin armour plate makes them weird but if you look closely they will be easily converted to full Primaris intercessors which I aim to do so.

Chaplain - Chaplains are the coolest looking SM models for me and this Primaris version is G-R-I-M-tastic! Crozius's top doesn't look very menacing (though shaft is great) but as Khornes's fist wrote I take it as an opportunity to put my own symbol there.

Apothecary - Another nicely detailed character I would only pose him differently.

Repulsor - I would rather see version based on Rhino skeleton. In this case it's not very appealing to me.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-26-17, 06:34 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

I'm just drooling. The repulsor. Is the only thing that is throwing me off on this. @Entarion has a pretty good point where it makes sense to put it in a rhino chassis instead of a land raider.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode