Complete Chapter Tactics leak - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-17, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Default Complete Chapter Tactics leak

Found it on reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40..._tactics_leak/

Edit: The lack of Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Angels is attributed to them getting their entirely own codex books.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 07-18-17 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-17, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Rather liking the Iron Hands one, right in line with the Horus Heresy rule for them.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-17, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

And the official reveal is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-4/

Choosing the right Chapter Tactic for your Successors

Warhammer Community’s Sarah is a master of Warhammer lore, and with the new Space Marines codex coming out soon, she’s diving deep into the history of the Space Marines to choose a sufficiently obscure Successor Chapter for her army – the only question is, which Chapter Tactic should she pick for her army? If you’ve got a Chapter of your own creation, or a successor with an unknown founding Chapter, this is a decision you’ll have to make when the codex is out – Sarah has some handy suggestions for how you could go about this.

Sarah: The new Space Marine codex isn’t just about the First Founding – there’s loads of information in there about successors old and new. Initially, I wanted to start a Rift Stalkers – these guys are Raven Guard successors, so naturally, use their Chapter Tactics. However, I fancied something more heraldic, so decided to dive into the more mysterious Successor Chapters for something distinctive and unusual.

The Blood Ravens, who star in the Dawn of War series, are much loved by Warhammer fans. If I were doing these guys, I’d probably take a Supreme Command Detachment with a few Librarians, then use the Siege Masters Chapter Trait from the Imperial Fists to represent the powerful bolter-armed Tactical Squads that make up the bread and butter of any Dawn of War army.

The right Chapter Tactic for the Fire Lords is an easy choice – the Salamanders are the undisputed masters of flamecraft. Their Master Artisans trait is great for making the most of special weapons in Fire Lords squads, while their flamer-based stratagem is also pretty fitting.

The Black Dragons are one of the most shadowy Chapters in the 41st Millennium, rumoured to use brutal osseus blades that spring from their forearms to devastate their foes in close combat. For these guys, the Black Templars Chapter Tactics, with their re-rolls to charges seems like a natural pick.

Each Exorcists Space Marine is a survivor of daemonic possession, and so I imagine they’d be pretty hardy. In this case, I’d lean towards the Iron Hands Chapter Tactic to represent this on the tabletop.

Of course, this is just my opinion – if you picture your favourite Successors fighting differently, you’re welcome to use whichever Chapter Tactic suits. You could just as well play on the rumoured links between the Black Dragons and the Salamanders, or play up the shadowy nature of the Exorcists and give them the stealthy tactics of the Raven Guard. It’s up to you!
I’m still not sure which Successor Chapter I’m going to pick… maybe I’ll make up a new one entirely, but finding a Chapter Tactic that suits your favourite fighting style is pretty easy with a little bit of imagination.

Thanks Sarah! We’ll be checking back once Sarah has her army painted to see her progress. The Space Marines codex will be available to pre-order this weekend, and you’ll be able to use these rules for yourself very soon, whether you’re fielding an army of your own creation, some well-known Successors, or one of the legendary First Founding Chapters. Look out later in the week for the rest of our Chapter Focus articles, where we’ll be diving into how the Chapter Tactics work, as well as relics, warlord traits and special characters.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-17, 05:51 AM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Did i just read correctly that units shot by Imperial Fists get NO bonus for cover to their saves? effectively ignores cover from 7th edition?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-17, 01:20 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
Did i just read correctly that units shot by Imperial Fists get NO bonus for cover to their saves? effectively ignores cover from 7th edition?
Yeah that's a strong option. It seems like a top choice against mass infantry, especially the ones without a save if they don't have cover.
These all seem like god options. I also really like the Salamanders one. Where each unit gets a free hit reroll and wound reroll. Very nice for those low number of attack, high damage weapons.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-17, 02:48 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

All of these seem pretty fluffy and not overpowered to me, though other book's rules will be the true test of that theory.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode