8th Edition Rumours - Page 58 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #571 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 10:51 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I'm a bit confused. (the link is now non-functioning) What do you mean by no traitor legions? Are you saying that they don't get any special rules?
Kharn, use the link I provided to the collection. Still works.

Here it is again: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...EtrRmEyelg2TkU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 02:26 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

New Warhammer 40,000: Battlezones
Battlezones are a new addition to the latest edition of Warhammer 40,000.

Across the many worlds of the far future, battles are fought in all sorts of deadly and exotic environments – in the depth of space, in impenetrable jungles, beneath battling starships, in the quagmire of an artillery-pounded trench network, in the heart of an etheric storm – the list goes on. Some of Warhammer 40,000’s most iconic battle have taken place in some very unusual environments. Battlezones allow you to bring these to your tabletop.

Effectively, these are special rules that can be layered over the top of any other game to represent an unusual environment. The upcoming Warhammer 40,000 book covers three of these. Night Fight, Psychic Maelstrom, and Fire and Fury. To get an idea of how these interact with the game, here’s an example, Fire and Fury – rules for battling as all hell rains down around you.

You can see that these rules will alter the way you play and position your forces, which not only gives you a new tactical challenge but is just incredibly cinematic. Picture a Black Templar assault on an Ork Rock as meteors rain down around them, or a mass regiment of Cadian Shock Troopers and the Black Legion battling over a ravaged world as their fleets battle for supremacy above. You can’t say that isn’t cool.

What’s really elegant about these is that they can be used in any mission, giving massive replayability to the (not inconsiderable number of) missions in your main Warhammer 40,000 book.

Narrative players are going to have a ball with these. Imagine running a map campaign where every location has its own Battlezone, or where players have the choice to attack at night, or with fleet support, or whatever else you can think of.

While certainly created with narrative play in mind, there’s nothing stopping this being used for other games – even matched play. If you’re looking to add just a little extra flavour to your matched play event, for example, maybe every table could have its own Battlezone rules, or maybe the first game of the day kicks off with a Night Fight game?

It’s your hobby – go nuts.
post #573 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 06:55 PM

I've made a spreadsheet for building Necron lists on the new edition, since Necrons are pretty straightforward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Feel free to copy it and make your own, or use it as a base for other factions. It is a dirty job, but it works.

~Arhurt

post #574 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur.bobany View Post
I've made a spreadsheet for building Necron lists on the new edition, since Necrons are pretty straightforward.
Pretty cool, and awesome work.

A buddy and I have been fooling around with making lists, we've just been making them by the power levels and then converting to points after, and evening things out after.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #575 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Pretty cool, and awesome work.

A buddy and I have been fooling around with making lists, we've just been making them by the power levels and then converting to points after, and evening things out after.

Necrons were easy due to the simplicity of their choices. If anyone wants to pick up from where I left, please do so. It is a simple sheet to be honest, but I'm sure battlescribe will be updated shortly and then all our troubles will be gone 😊

~Arhurt
post #576 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 09:02 PM

Question 1) I've been reading the rules for shooting into melee, and it seems like only the unit that is engaged with the target may shoot it into melee, correct?

That means, if I want to shoot into an engaged enemy, I must either fall back with my engaged units in the movement phase or shoot it with the pistols of any units already engaged into that combat.

Question 2) Unless stated on a vehicle's datasheet, units cannot anymore fire from within it, correct? I can't find anything on the rulebook that says they can. The transport lateral box claims that models can't do anything, unless otherwise stated.

~Arhurt

Last edited by arthur.bobany; 06-01-17 at 09:15 PM.
post #577 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 11:43 PM
Nin

Nin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur.bobany View Post
Question 1) I've been reading the rules for shooting into melee, and it seems like only the unit that is engaged with the target may shoot it into melee, correct?

That means, if I want to shoot into an engaged enemy, I must either fall back with my engaged units in the movement phase or shoot it with the pistols of any units already engaged into that combat.
That's how it looks to me as well.

Quote:
Question 2) Unless stated on a vehicle's datasheet, units cannot anymore fire from within it, correct? I can't find anything on the rulebook that says they can. The transport lateral box claims that models can't do anything, unless otherwise stated.
I found an image of the Raider stats and it has rules for models doing things under its open topped rule, so I think you're correct about this as well.

Age of Sigmar: Skirmish looks compatible with 8th edtion 40k. Doing Skirmish in both the Dark Imperium and the Mortal Realms!
post #578 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-01-17, 11:47 PM
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist quoting Warhammer Community View Post
While certainly created with narrative play in mind, there’s nothing stopping this being used for other games – even matched play. If you’re looking to add just a little extra flavour to your matched play event, for example, maybe every table could have its own Battlezone rules, or maybe the first game of the day kicks off with a Night Fight game?
This actually sounds like a lot of fun. I've noticed from listening to Age of Sigmar podcasts that people really think about the battleplans in the tournament packs when deciding on an army for an event, so if you had a bunch of battlezone rules it might help with list variety as people figure out they'll need different things for a good chance at winning each match given how different they might be.

Also, that strategem for putting down all six dice for an orbital strike is awesome.

Age of Sigmar: Skirmish looks compatible with 8th edtion 40k. Doing Skirmish in both the Dark Imperium and the Mortal Realms!
post #579 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-02-17, 01:46 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #580 of 646 (permalink) Old 06-02-17, 04:56 AM
Nin

I actually think we're going to see lots of people fall into the trap of charging with their vehicle before their squads to try to soak up overwatch and then ending up with the vehicle blocking the charge for some of the models that wanted to get in. Especially if the defender put any thought at all into model removal during the shooting phase.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode