8th Edition Rumours - Page 51 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #501 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 04:48 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I'm a dreadnought fan boy, and while he ain't pretty, I'm sure I'll love him all the same

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #502 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 04:54 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Ok, let me lay this out to everyone.

8th is a complete revamp of the whole system, not bits of it, not tuning of some stuff, EVERY FUCKING THING.

Stop complaining about things based off your experience of the old systems.

If you have decided you hate 8th and refuse to play it off based off the incomplete knowledge so be it. Feel free to go off and do whatever as long as it isn't bitching and moaning about 8th here.

If you have decided you are going to play 8th, then refrain from moaning and bitching about the tidbits released until the whole system is out. After 51 pages of it, it has gotten old.

Many of us are happy about the changes, many are upset. Until the whole system is released though tone down the whimpers. After it is released and we can all dig into the rules feel free to be buttsore and bitch and moan about shit. I am willing to bet that even us happy with the changes will have something we hate.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #503 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 05:15 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
This lad is big.

I like this guy, who I shall call the "fat guy" dreadnaught. Cuz it looks like it has a big ol' belly, like yours truly. The arm joints in particular look to be a great improvement in their design.
Also, it looks like it's patting the marine on the head in the first picture. Going "There there, you'll be truscale one day."

post #504 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 07:00 PM

Mdauben's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
I like this guy, who I shall call the "fat guy" dreadnaught.
He's not fat! He's just... big boned. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
post #505 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 08:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
probably you never played chaos?
Well seeing as you commented on my most recent chaos marine list I guess its safe to assume your not that stupid; so your attempting to troll then?

Quote:
oblits were used (when not spammed, i mean) as an advancing fire support. First turn lascannon, then plasmacannon, then short range weaponry (they had plenty), then -unbelievavle- assault to crush key units with powerfists.
So kinda like how they've been set up now from what the leak shows? 24 inch range, coupled with a 5-10 inch movement (because fleshmetal weapons are assault weapons and you can advance and shoot with assault weapons) means there shouldn't be many targets that they cannot hit on turn 1.

Then add in the fact that at their weakest, fleshmetal weapons are going to be S7, wounding vehicles, monsters, and super heavies on 4's or 5's. Their guns are now potentially better at damaging something like a land raider than before (at worst they wound on 5's, which is what they need to damage a land raider right now, and at best they wound on 3's.)

And if your still so inclined, the strategy you see oblits being used in your meta still applies. With a minimum effective range of 29 inches, they can still start by shooting armour and tough targets and move onto infantry before assaulting. Yes they don't have powerfists, but each oblit is still hitting on 3's, is S5, and has 3 attacks.

Quote:
now you MUST deepstrike them.
Nope, 29-34 inch shooting range may be about a foot less than the range on a lascannon but couple that range with 6-12 inch deployment and that reduction is significantly mitigated.

Quote:
Best you got is a nerfed lascannon at half range. Worst that you got is a shitty assault cannon with 2 attacks.
And heres where it gets fun. Sure, fleshmetal weapons are only 2 shots per turn per model, but your getting 3 models in the squad. Take a look at those leaks again, the unit entry for the oblits clearly states its a unit of 3, and the image with the points clearly states its a unit of 3 for fewer points per model than before (so theres really no reason to run solo ones.)

So that 'shitty' assault cannon, which is S7 with a -1 save by the way, is able to dish out 6 wounds per turn. (Or 18 wounds if they are damage 3.)

Quote:
Statistically, you are looking at a worst autocannon.
Are we talking the 7th edition autocannon vs this 8th edition weapon? Because thats not the most useful comparison.

Keep in mind, statistically, each 8th edition oblit will be pumping out a pair of S8, -2 save, 2 damage shots with a 29 inch minimum range per turn. Thats 12 damage per unit, meaning you can potentially wipe out a squad of marines or cripple a squad of primaris marines or terminators.

Quote:
And again, why even make it assault weapons if they suck so hard in melee now?
Because your choosing to ignore the leak where it states that units with assault weapons can advance and shoot in the same turn? That 4 inch move and 24 inch range is now 5-10 inch move with 24 inch range.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 05-29-17 at 08:20 PM.
post #506 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 09:04 PM

Old Man78 likes this.

Last edited by scscofield; 05-29-17 at 09:09 PM.
post #507 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 09:31 PM

A few other leaks I am translating, from a store owner who is leaking info on an Italian forum:
Adeptus Mechanicus:
  • Forge Worlds keywords, Cawl has Mars keyword and buffs Mars FW units
  • Adeptus Mechanicus keyword is shared, Cult Mechanicus kw and Skitarii kw are present to differentiate. Bonuses target AM keyword
  • Canticles are chosen at the start of each Battle Round and last that much, cannot be chosen twice. Among the effects they allow for rerolling 1s to same FW kw units within 6"
Astra Militarum:
  • Regiment keywords
  • Orders are given automatically to same Regiment keyword unit within 6"
Blood Angels:
  • Black Rage gives +1A on the charge and ignores a wound on a roll of a 6.
  • Death Company: 2A each, models can take different loadouts
  • Lemartes allows rerolling charge distance and to hit rolls in melee to DC units within 6"
  • Sanguinary Guard rerolls to hit rolls if there is a BA general within 6"
  • Death Mask gives -1 Discipline to enemies within 3"
  • Encarmine Sword Ap-3 DmgD3, Axe S+1 Ap-2 DmgD3
  • Sanguinor has WS2+ W4 S4 T4 A5, can charge even if he used Fall Back, gives +1A to every BA within 6"
  • Dante has WS2+ W6 S4 T4 A5 Save 2+, allows BA units within 6" to reroll to hits. Axe is S+2 Ap-3 DmgD3, rerolls to wound if it is a Character
Eldars:
  • Scatter lasers are 36" Heavy 4 Ap0
  • Warp Spiders M7" Save 3+, can move 4d6 and get Fly but cannot Advance nor Charge. Flickerjump goves -1BS to enemy but you roll 2D6 and on a 2 you lose a Warp Spider. Death Spinner is 18" Rapid Fire S6 Ap-4. With Exarch you reroll failed Morale tests.
  • Wraithknight W24 S8 R8 Save 3+. Wraithcannon is Assault 2 S10 Ap-4 DmgD6, Ghostglaive is Sx2 Ap-4 Dmg6 straigth (no D6 roll). Hits on a 3+ and gets worse losing wounds
  • D-Scythes are 8" AssaultD3 S10 Ap-4
  • Banshees M8" A2 Save 4+. Always attack first with the mask, add 3" to Advance and Charge rolls, Exarch gives a -1 penalty to hit in melee to enemy models. Executioner Blade is WS-1 S+2 Ap-3 DmgD3
Inquisition, Grey Knights and Sisters:
  • Inquisitors can enter any Imperial vehicle and give bubble buffs to Imperium keyword units, depending on the Ordo chosen
  • Grey Knights know a nerfed verison of Smite, 12" 1 mortal wound (3 if Daemon keyword)
  • Sisters are amongst the Imperial Agents, the Saint gives them some buffs and they have shared rules with the adeptus ministrorum (Act of Faith, Shield of Faith and Zealot)
Necrons:
  • Reanimation protocols are made at the start of your movement phase. Roll a D6 for every slain model, on a 5+ it comes back. You can roll again in the following turns. You cannot roll if the whole unit is slain.
  • Living metal allows for automatically regaining lost wounds
  • Basic Gauss is 24" Rapid Fire Ap-2, Gauss Cannon is Ap-3 DmgD3
  • Discipline 10
  • Warriors cost unchanged form 7th
  • Monolith M6" W20 S8 T8 Save3+, Gauss Flux Arc Heavy 3 S5 Ap-2, Whip Heavy 6 S8 Ap-2 DmgD6. When it gets charged, roll on a D6 and if 4+ (or worse, depending on wounds lost) charging unit gets D6 mortal wounds.
Orks:
  • Ork Battlewagon M12" W16 T7 Save 4+, can get T8 but loses Open-topped. Deff Rolla hits on a 2+, 6 attacks S8 Ap-2
Space Marines:
  • Grav is S5 Ap-3 and does DmgD3 if Save is 3+ or better
  • Nartecium no longer provides FnP but heals a model for D3 wounds
  • Storm Shields still provide 3+ Invuln save
  • ATSKNF rerolls failed Morale tests
Space Wolves:
  • Thunderwolves Cavalry M10" W3 S4 T5 Save 3+, same equip as before and they cost nine melta bombs without equipments
  • Lord on Wolf has W7
  • Frost weapons add a mortal wound on a 6 (not clear on what dice roll)
  • Runic Armours give 5+ Invuln Save (4+ if Terminator).
Tau: (from ATT also)
  • Markerlights are cumulative per phase and provide different bonuses, depending on how many hit the unit. Basic is reroll 1s, then you have remove cover bonus, increase BS, use Seeker/Destroyer Missiles (normally snapshooting)
  • Railguns have a chance to do Mortal Wounds on a to-wound roll of 6
  • Activating Nova Reactor may result in Mortal Wound
  • Firesight Marksmen are Independent Characters
  • Pulse rifles are AP0. Pulse Blasters AP-1 at 10" and AP-2 at 5", Assault 2.
  • Ghostkeels and Stealth Suits give a -1 penalty to BS if shot at from more than 12", can deploy outside of deployment zone at 12"
  • Broadside Railgun is Heavy 2 S8 Ap-4 DmgD6, HYMP is Heavy 4 S7 Ap-1 DmgD3
  • Pathfinders and Kroots are faster than Fire Warriors
  • Crisis Suits minimum squad size is 3
Tyranids:
  • Termagaunts cost a bit less than a melta bomb
  • Tervigon M8" W14 S7 T8 Save3+, can either create a 10 fleshborer (uncertain with translation) Termagaunt unit (you need to keep the points for them) OR re-add fleshborer Termagaunt models to an existing unit

post #508 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 09:45 PM

post #509 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 09:52 PM

First look at flyer rules. -1 to hit in the shooting phase, can only be charged and attacked by flying models.

Edit: Looking at it harder, it is not flying models that charge/assault it is models with FLY. That includes jump pack style units.......

Last edited by scscofield; 05-29-17 at 10:18 PM.
post #510 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 10:17 PM

So transports are going up in cost

A DP is now a bit over 3 times it's prior cost
Rhino is double it's cost
Razorback is 5 points cheaper which is kinda odd. I guess capacity has a cost now.

These are before wargear points

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode