8th Edition Rumours - Page 46 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-26-17, 09:42 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
*eyes Pistol entry*

"All of its other weapons" if not firing the pistol. Right. I'm pretty sure I've spotted our first future FAQ/Errata entry.

Also really wondering how grenades and pistols are used in CC now...
yeah..worded this way if i have a pistol and a lascannon in melee i can shoot the lascannon just 'cause i have my trusty boltpistol in my lap

grenades in melee is still a mistery, but pistols is right there. no longer +1 attac for having it, you actually get to SHOOT with it! plasma pistols here i come!

the rest seems pretty well known. cool that the defender decides where to allocate hits!
Also note that if you advanced (run) you can still fire with assault weapons with -1 to hit! This is quite good! a nice addition to right in the face, mid range armies (like chaos!)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-26-17, 09:48 PM

I bring you...DETACHMENTS!!
I like those. I can do a full elite or fast attack army! the allied detachment is still there (auxiliar) but will cost you command points for the trouble! Nicely done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	det3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	959984217   Click image for larger version

Name:	det2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	959984225   Click image for larger version

Name:	det.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	959984233  
Shandathe likes this.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #453 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-26-17, 10:01 PM

Where does it say I can't take multiple detachments from multiple factions? The auxiliary is not the equivalent for the allied, it's more of a free pick detachment

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

~Arhurt

post #454 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-26-17, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur.bobany View Post
Where does it say I can't take multiple detachments from multiple factions? The auxiliary is not the equivalent for the allied, it's more of a free pick detachment

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
well said. if comes out that you can take only same faction in an army, then Taudar and such are dead...i doubt this will be the case tough. we still miss 2 detachment (gw said it was 14) and rules for army composition

Quote:
post #455 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 08:42 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Rules drop.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1945.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	959984281  
Attached Images

post #456 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 08:43 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

More.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1950.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	959984321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1953.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	959984337  
Attached Images

post #457 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 09:44 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
grenades in melee is still a mistery, but pistols is right there. no longer +1 attac for having it, you actually get to SHOOT with it! plasma pistols here i come!
Yes, but while that's a fantastic boon for my Seraphim, that's the SHOOTING phase, not the FIGHT one!

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #458 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 10:15 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Hmmm could be quite an iteresting change. This edition is certainly sounding better and better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #459 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 02:28 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Warhammer Fest Live Blog

[1:10pm] When Duncan isn’t doing painting seminars today, he’s walking around being an all around nice guy and talking to all the attendees.
[1:00 pm] The first Forge World seminar has got out, and there are loads of great images coming out of there.
Khornate Dragon with Lord Index Books Datasheets for all of Forge World’s Warhammer 40,000 T’au Empire, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, Necrons and Tyranids models. Datasheets for all of Forge World’s Warhammer 40,000 Astra Militarum range, including Death Korps of Krieg and Elysian models, and Renegade Imperial Guard forces as well as the immense war machines of the Titan Legions and Knight Houses.
Datasheets for all of Forge World’s Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Space Marines and Daemon models, as well as Chaos Titans. Datasheets for all of Forge World’s Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines, Forces of the Inquisition and Sisters of Battle models. Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus
Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus
Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus Imperial Armour – Fires of Cyraxus
Thunderhawk Gunship Gabriel Angelos, Chapter Master of the Blood Ravens Tau Tigershark AX-1-0 Tau Tigershark AX-1-0
Thousand Sons Legion Sekhmet Terminators Thousand Sons Legion Sekhmet Terminators
Thousand Sons Legion Sekhmet Terminators Amon Thousand Sons Legion Praetor Legion Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank
Sisters of Silence Kharon Pattern Acquisitor Sisters of Silence Kharon Pattern Acquisitor Sisters of Silence Kharon Pattern Acquisitor Sisters of Silence Prosecutor Cadre Upgrade Set
Legio Custodes Caladius Grav-tank Annihilator Legio Custodes Telemon Heavy Dreadnought Legio Custodes Telemon Heavy Dreadnought Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminator with Adrathic Destructor
Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminators with Lastrum Storm Bolters Legio Custodes Aquilon Terminators with Infernus Firepikes Legio Custodes Orion Gunship Angelus
Angelus Angelus Angelus Lord Constantin Valdor Captain-General of the Legio Custodes

Regarding Horus Heresy Book Eight: Angelus, they had this to say about its contents:
  • The Blood Angels Legion
  • The Dark Angels Legion
  • Daemons
  • The Dark Mechanicum
  • The Night Lords Legion
  • Several narratives detailing the campaigns and battles of the Blood Angels and the Dark Angels through the early
    Horus Heresy and the Age of Darkness.
    • Signus Prime
    • The Thramas Crusade
    • The Persecution of Sarum
    • The Siege of Baal
    • The Passage of the Angel of Death
  • Background and history for the Dark Angels and Blood Angels
  • The Rise of the Dark Mechanicum
  • Daemons and Diabolism in the Horus Heresy!
  • New rules for the:
    • Blood Angels and Dark Angels
    • Night Lords
    • Dark Mechanicum
    • Daemon units
Whew! That’s a lot to take in!
[11:45 am] Folk are getting their first chance to play the new edition now.

We’ve already shown a few of these, earlier in the week, but here are the datasheets for all the models on the demo pods:

And in the demo pod room, they are also lining up to get their photos taken with the Space Marine weapons in front of the green screen. We’re going to replace the green screen with a bit of war zone from the 41st Millennium, and I’m sure we’ll have some of those up here later on.
Another very popular spot this morning is Warhammer TV’s Duncan doing a painting tutorial on one of the new Death Guard models from the Dark Imperium box.

[11:10 am] Up in the Forge World area, there is an awesome Titan dock display, showing the Adeptus Mechanicus getting the massive war machine ready for battle.

[10:50 am] Just had a quick look at the exhibit hall. I was almost immediately drawn in by a game called Doomwheel – it was the giant red button that caught my eye… Had lots of fun driving a Doomwheel over Clanrats and Assassins and collecting warpstone. Definitely, one to check out when it’s released this summer from Katsu Entertainment.
Doomwheel Dawn of War III
Ork from Dawn of War III Giant Terminator Statue

There was also a huge scale Terminator statue and Relic are have joined us, bringing Dawn of War III for everyone to play, and a big ol’ Ork statue. Next I’m off to see what’s going on in the seminars.
[10:25 am] Well, the doors are open and everyone is making their way to the various sections of the venue. I stopped by the demo pod area on the ground floor to see what they’re up to and found the team waiting to run intro games of the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. If you’re with us over the weekend, be sure to stop by and play a game.

[9:45 am] – Good morning and Happy Warhammer Fest day everyone! Sarah here. We’ve arrived at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, and the doors are about to open to the public. There is so much going on, and we’re so excited to see all of you who are coming along.
Of course, you can’t all be here, so I’ll be running this live blog all weekend to keep you up to date with everything coming out of the seminars, tournaments, demo pods, etc, so stay tuned.
To get things started, here is a bit from the programme:

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #460 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-27-17, 02:30 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

So it looks like plasma guns have 2 fire modes now, one of them slightly less powerful but without a 'gets hot' mechanic.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode