8th Edition Rumours - Page 30 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 05:14 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
Okay, this is silly and I have no idea how Guilliman expects any chapter but his own to accept them as Space Marines. Hell, plenty of them are still distrustful of the Razorback as it has been around for a mere four thousand years. Never mind the various Chapters that barely trust their own Tech-Marines once they come back from Mars.

What we have here is a bunch of vat-grown newbies that the Chapters are supposed to accept as brothers because Mars insultingly painted them in their colors? Yeah, the only way that will fly with the other First Founding chapters and their descendants is if they were nearly completely destroyed beyond hope of recove... Oh hell. Suddenly I understand WHY the vast majority of the Space Wolves recently got Wulfened and the Blood Angels nearly got wiped TWICE in quick succession. There's nobody left in a position to COMPLAIN.

Okay. So Guillimarines is going to be a thing. Suddenly, I can't help but feel a desire to help Abaddon out.

Upside, they look decent? I'm not all that fond of the helmet, actually... What the hell happened to Mk. IX armour, anyway, I thought we were barely distributing Mk. VIII?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
nessecity is the mother of invention. sometimes sacrifices has to be made when shits hit the fan as seen with the Crimson Path bisecting the imperium. And a LOT of chapters has taken a mauling and cant wait decades for reinforcements.

I think the main selling factor of numarines will boil down to: How fast can they be safely replenished compared to standard marines?
The fluff piece says Cawl has worked on them for the last 10.000 years in secret. Because its totally logical and convenient that, instead of using legit resources to fuel your already accomplished superhuman soldiers and keep your empire (at best) intact, you should hide resources away to create even more expensive and elite super soldier- and special weapons- to recover what you lost because you had not enough resources in the first place! This is so logical! This is so logical an Ork weirdboy could have come out with this plan.
In many campaigns, fluff pieces, battle reports... the imperium has not enough bodies and space marines because they are thin on resources, becuse they are overstretched and so on...(think about Taros Campaign, for one)...only to discover that Guilliman and Cawl hid ENTIRE CHAPTERS of Ubermarines for 10.000 years. Guilliman is the Master Troll of the galaxy. Arlequins can only learn! I say that fighting for Horus is the only way to do the right thing, because apparently the two guys actually leading the Empire have the brains of a YOLO-OBEY mob.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 06:04 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

All this whinging is getting tiresome. It's like looking at five pieces of a hundred piece jigsaw, and saying it makes a shit picture. Let's wait till we see the whole jigsaw before we declare 8th a lost cause.
post #293 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 06:09 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus: T’au Empire

Frankie is back today with his thoughts on those upstart aliens on the Eastern Fringe.

Frankie: The T’au* are known currently for their deadly firepower and mobility. They utilise advanced Battlesuits to level blistering volleys of smart missiles and energy weapons into the enemies of the Greater Good. Riptides particularly–often seen in the Riptide Wing formation–are a common sight. The combination of resilience and firepower is a potent cocktail that has left many a pair of smoking boots where once a foe stood. Those that do survive the fusillade to cross the battlefield must withstand the T’au’s other shooting phase, otherwise known as Supporting Fire with overwatch. However, those intrepid warriors that make it through all of that often strike the physically weaker T’au down, as melee is certainly not their forte….apart from the stomps dished out by the Stormsurge. That guy certainly never skipped leg day in the gym!

How do T’au play in new Warhammer 40,000? Will they still be the kings of ranged warfare?

Well, let’s start with the biggest and baddest suit in their arsenal, the Stormsurge. This beast of a suit currently terrorises the tables and will continue to do so in the new Warhammer 40,000, albeit in different ways. The Stormsurge has amazing firepower with its 10 weapons…and yes, I said 10 weapons, each of which can fire on a different target. The Anchors currently allow the Stormsurge to shoot twice, but in the new edition, this has been changed to a more reasonable (but still powerful!) +1 to hit in the Shooting phase, which works great when paired with one Markerlight hit on a target, allowing any T’au unit to reroll 1’s when firing on that unit. BS 3+ and re-rolling 1’s with 10 ranged weapons is enough to render most units to smoking ash. The Stormsurge also has the Walking Battleship special rule which allows him to Fall Back from combat and still shoot, while also ignoring the penalty for moving and shooting heavy weapons. Stormsurges will remain a solid choice in the new edition.

The XV8 Crisis Battlesuits are next up on the docket. I consider these suits to be the iconic T’au unit, and the firepower from these guys will be very impressive. Very impressive indeed. They each can take 3 weapons (which again, you can fire all of them!). May I recommend a flamer plus two other weapons of your choice? My preference is dual missile pods for that lovely AP-1 and D3 damage per shot! The flamers give you nasty Overwatch defence, as they auto-hit incoming units that charge within their range. They can also be used offensively to clear objectives.

A unit of three Crisis Suits paired up with Markerlights will bring down even large vehicles relatively quickly. Multiple Crisis Suit units also work well together since supporting fire is still around, now called “For the Greater Good.” All those flamer hits from multiple XV8s into a charging unit is extremely powerful and will stop some of the strongest assault units dead in their tracks. Oh, and did I forget to mention they have the Fly keyword? This allows them to Fall Back from combat and still shoot at full effect. Brutal! I am loving how these guys play, and they will be scattered all across the tables in T’au armies.

Lastly, I want to talk about Sniper Drones. When paired with the T’au HQ’s such as the Cadre Fireblade they will bring down those pesky support characters with deadly efficiency even if they are hiding behind their infantry. The 48″ range on their Sniper weapons, plus their fast movement, means they will be filling those characters with lead (or plasma?) a lot faster than snipers from other factions. They will be a truly deadly force in your army that will strike fear in opposing characters. Have a look at their datasheet, here:

Overall, the T’au will play relatively similarly to how they do now. They will have a lot more tricks up their sleeves and you’ll see a wider variety of units on the board than you currently do. They’ll catch a lot of people off guard with some of their cool special rules and tactical flexibility. Stop resisting and join the Greater Good, today.

Come back on Wednesday for some insights on the insidious Drukhari.

post #294 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 06:59 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
All this whinging is getting tiresome. It's like looking at five pieces of a hundred piece jigsaw, and saying it makes a shit picture. Let's wait till we see the whole jigsaw before we declare 8th a lost cause.
I haven't seen many examples of people saying that the entire edition is a wash. Yes, people are voicing displeasure over specific releases, but there is an equal number of examples of people engaging in communal dick rubbing over specific releases. Maybe that's just me, though. Perhaps I'm just zoning out the bitching bit because I've been more into the communal dick rubbing camp so far than the bitching camp.
neferhet likes this.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #295 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
The fluff piece says Cawl has worked on them for the last 10.000 years in secret.
Which makes sense, since he did not have access to the Emperor's original gene-forges, genetic schematics, or the knowledge needed. Also remember the rise of the Imperial Cult, ascension of the God-Emperor, birth of the ecclessiarchy, and secretive nature of the Mechanicum (who at that point are in dire need of a rebuild and restructure thanks to their schism.)

And all of that would be around the decade following the defeat of the traitors on Terra; this point otherwise being known as the Scouring, where Guilliman led what forces he could in a campaign that ultimately pushed the traitors into the Eye of Terror.

Quote:
Because its totally logical and convenient that, instead of using legit resources to fuel your already accomplished superhuman soldiers and keep your empire (at best) intact, you should hide resources away to create even more expensive and elite super soldier- and special weapons- to recover what you lost because you had not enough resources in the first place!
Go look into the War of the Beast, the Mechanicum were taking measures to remove/move Mars and a number of their elements in order to avoid being destroyed. They also with-held the existence and manufacturing of the centurion armour until after the Age of Apostasy (it was available about halfway through that period of time.)

The Mechanicum do not share in the manner your wishing, and its been that way in their fluff for decades. Then you also have to contend with the fact that half of them view the Emperor as the Omnissiah and his works, astartes included, were perfect and tampering with such things was Heresy. And thats just the Mechanicum, forget the Imperial Church, High Lords of Terra, and other primarchs when they were around.

Quote:
This is so logical!
Have you ever read any fluff on the way the Imperium runs? I assure you what your seeing isn't exactly new or pulled from out of nowhere.
Shandathe likes this.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #296 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 08:03 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Perhaps I'm just zoning out the bitching bit because I've been more into the communal dick rubbing camp.

About this dick rubbing camp, is it invitation only or can anybody stop by, and yes I'm inquiring on behalf of a friend

post #297 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 08:21 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
About this dick rubbing camp, is it invitation only or can anybody stop by, and yes I'm inquiring on behalf of a friend
Of course he is welcome, my child. There is peace and serenity in the dick rubbing camp. All are welcome. All. Are. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old Man78 likes this.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #298 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 08:23 PM
Feed

My Tau are happy.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #299 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 08:24 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
*snip*

I don't often agree with darkreever, but in this case, I agree with him 100%.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #300 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-15-17, 08:45 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

New Marines aren't really new. It's the exact same idea that Corax had in the HH novel series, improve on the Big E's design to create a caste of enhanced Space Marines. He called them Raptors and while yes they were in general faster and stronger than the average Space Marine, that was only a baseline. An above average or exceptional individual (Ventris, Dante, Lysander, etc) probably won't be outclassed by them, while even the idea of average is up to interpretation. These new marines don't even seem that much better in-game, yes they are a touch more durable in some ways but as the feature on them says they aren't immune to stuff that say a Terminator would be. Just because the Primaris are improved on the original idea doesn't make them infinitely better, it just means that on average a Primaris will be able to surpass the effort of a regular marine, but none of that accounts for the personal skill or heroism of either individual or for the circumstances or context of the conflict around them.

Liking the artwork and the design behind these Primaris boys, we'll see how the 40k universe reacts to them when they make their grand debut. I imagine some Chapters will love them (Ultramarines, Salamanders, Imperial Fists), some will be ambivalent (Iron Hands, White Scars) and some will be outright hostile (Space Wolves, Dark Angels). Only time will tell.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode