8th Edition Rumours - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-06-17, 07:30 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

They can have my template-firing Shredding Hand Flamers when they pry them from my cold dead hands. I'm very much against replacing maneuvering skill with random dice luck.
neferhet likes this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-07-17, 06:28 PM

DkMiBuch's Flag is: Denmark

As with any changes here in life, I fear the worst.

My main concern is an over simplification of the rules. To me, one of the charming parts of the game is discussing and interpreting rules, while under heavy influence of alcohol.
Also I like telling AoS players that their game is for idiots and juveniles (even though I've never tried it or even read the rules). If 40k becomes too simple, I'll be robbed of that joy.

However, armour saves modifiers is something I've always wanted (wasn't in the game during 2nd ed).
Kreuger likes this.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
post #13 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-07-17, 07:07 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkMiBuch View Post
As with any changes here in life, I fear the worst.

My main concern is an over simplification of the rules. To me, one of the charming parts of the game is discussing and interpreting rules, while under heavy influence of alcohol.
Also I like telling AoS players that their game is for idiots and juveniles (even though I've never tried it or even read the rules). If 40k becomes too simple, I'll be robbed of that joy.

However, armour saves modifiers is something I've always wanted (wasn't in the game during 2nd ed).
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but since i'm currently i'm under the influence of alchohol, i can totally tell you that you misread the Reanimation protocol rules.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #14 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 04:24 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
idiots and juveniles (even though I've never tried it or even read the rules).
so basicly you behave like that towards people that play AoS, good to know

honestly the 40K rules could use some streamlining, but despite enjoying AoS I hope the 40k rules won't be revamped to that extend.
AND HANDS OFF OF MY TEMPLATES!!! my guardsmen need em...
darkreever likes this.
post #15 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 06:12 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
...you misread the Reanimation protocol rules.
For stupidity reasons I almost always use the term "Reproduction Protocols" for this rule!

----

I'll be honest the two items that intrigue me the most is the removal of armor value and armor modifiers.

I'm on the watch for how exactly they plan on making 2+ armor become "good" again, and how they would make power armor remain important.

----

I think that simply switching vehicles over to a MC stat line is a better idea than this current mix-match hybrid Bullshit that is currently going on. (see Chariots, and Walkers for example)

Since Walkers and MCs already are for all purposes the exact same thing. Making vehicles base T6 (aka AV 10) with a 2+ save and three HP (Hit/Hull Points) and going up on their T value pending the vehicle. Best thing about this idea is that your HP doesn't have to change if the system works seemlessly.

Here are some potential ideas

Rhino = T7 2+ armor
Chinera = T6 2+ armor
Dread/Helbrute/other 12-12-10 walkers = T8 2+ armor
Venerable/Siege/Dinobot/Defiler/Contemptor Dread = T8 2+/5++
Scout Sentinel = T5 3+ armor
These are just a few proposals that I think would work.

And if Missile launchers will cause D6 or D3 wounds then ya I'm for Missile Launchers able to wreck APCs again.

----

I wonder if the game would have another point reduction across the board (which seems to be the trend from what I can gather for each edition change) or perhaps a more required point increase.
neferhet likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #16 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 07:02 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Bah. i agree that blasts need some rehash (small blasts, mainly) but to remove completely them is just removing an important aspect of movement and one of the last sempblance of tactics in the game.
About the vehicle stuff @Fallen mantions, i hope they keep it simple like that and remove the damage table, but if they do like AoS (where a damaged vehicle/monster changes stat line 3 or 4 times) it would become an absolute nightmare where you could never remember your stat line after 2 firing phases. Not really a simplification. But i digress.
Also, point reduction?? Hell i hope no! In fact in my group we are musing about returning to third etition and its lack of giant goofy 600+ pts centrepieces and higher unit costs.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 04-08-17 at 07:04 AM.
post #17 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
so basicly you behave like that towards people that play AoS, good to know
Exactly! The obvious irony is why it's funny
Might be a cultural thing. We danes are kinda weird humour wise (or perhaps it's just me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but since i'm currently i'm under the influence of alchohol, i can totally tell you that you misread the Reanimation protocol rules.
About enjoying rules discussion, I actually wasn't being sarcastic.
I like that I discover new things in almost every game I play.
Granted, I only really get to play like once a month if I'm lucky.
neferhet likes this.

post #18 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 12:04 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

It's odd that they are talking about getting rid of templates and introducing a D6 damage system, when only a few months ago a system written by GW legends Cavatore and Priestly has just abandoned that system and introduced templates for 2nd Ed Bolt Action, because they believed, because of feedback received from the players that it was too overpowered and led to an over-representation of those units on the table.
post #19 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
It's odd that they are talking about getting rid of templates and introducing a D6 damage system, when only a few months ago a system written by GW legends Cavatore and Priestly has just abandoned that system and introduced templates for 2nd Ed Bolt Action, because they believed, because of feedback received from the players that it was too overpowered and led to an over-representation of those units on the table.
That's a good point, Mr. Fist.

I'd have to see the concrete rule suggestion here, before I can form an opinion.
My first thought is, don't take away my templates!

Would it be something like d6 for large blasts and flamer templates, d3 for small blasts?
neferhet likes this.

post #20 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-08-17, 03:09 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Exactly! The obvious irony is why it's funny
Might be a cultural thing. We danes are kinda weird humour wise (or perhaps it's just me!)
nah, I like it, I'm much the same way
DkMiBuch likes this.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode