8th Edition Rumours - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 09:44 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Since [I] is no longer a concern, wonder (with the above) if we'll see power fists and thunder hammers losing their ability to negate armor. It would be somewhat neat to walk up to a carnifrex and be able to pound its head out of its ass with a multiple damage TH. Perhaps multiple damage and a slight armor pen? I'll be interested to see.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 10:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Since [I] is no longer a concern, wonder (with the above) if we'll see power fists and thunder hammers losing their ability to negate armor.
I'd imagine that weapons like that would still maintain a greater armour modifier than a power sword.

You know like a power sword is user strength and a -1 save modifier vs a powerfist that is double user strength with a -3 modifier.
neferhet likes this.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #143 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 10:31 PM

We also haven't seen all the rules yet. Thunder hammers and the like could have an "always strikes last" rule. I hope not, but they could.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

~Arhurt

post #144 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 09:48 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I'm thinking WD usually comes out a week before big releases so as to trumpet said release. Make of that what you will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1794.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	959983961  
neferhet likes this.
post #145 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 12:25 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
They've explained the order units fight in quite well, I think. People who charged that turn go first, then players take turns nominating units to activate because Age of Guilliman needs to be more like Age of Sigmar (the only difference appears to be that making the charge gives you the additional bonus of swinging first - the +1 attack for charging of the current edition is probably gone).

To hit is on the unit profile, to Wound is still Strength vs. Toughness...

Specifics on Wound allocation weren't in shooting either so we'll presumably still get that later. What happens when a single attack causes more wounds than can be found on a single model (eg. Meltagun shot at a Guardsman) is a pretty vital bit of missing knowledge - will it still kill just the one model or will it wipe the entire unit?
The way I've understood the vagaries of their reveals is that a weapon like the meltagun will do multiple wounds to one target. The example for this being the lascannon which does 1 attack and D6 wounds. Which looks to me as all the wounds on one mode. Damaging to a vehicle or monster. Overkill against infantry.
Still don't know for sure. It's just how I'm interpreting these astropathic messages they keep sending out.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #146 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 01:08 PM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roganzar View Post
The way I've understood the vagaries of their reveals is that a weapon like the meltagun will do multiple wounds to one target. The example for this being the lascannon which does 1 attack and D6 wounds. Which looks to me as all the wounds on one mode. Damaging to a vehicle or monster. Overkill against infantry.
Still don't know for sure. It's just how I'm interpreting these astropathic messages they keep sending out.
This, pretty much. Similar to current D strength weapons.

EDIT: Remember from the weapons preview they showed, between the flamer and lascannon we can see that the amount of hits and the damage a weapon does are two different things and it was explained there that each hit's damage will only affect the one model. So you cannot carve through half a squad with a single lascannon shot.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Serpion5; 05-03-17 at 01:48 PM.
post #147 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 03:21 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
In the 41st Millennium, morale plays a vital role.

Battles can won and lost by the brave actions of a few stubborn defenders, or defeat caused by the panicked flight of key elements of an enemy force.

Morale has always been a part of Warhammer 40,000. In the past edition though, it did often seem that in a lot of games it could be largely ignored – so many units were immune to its various effects. Where it did apply though, you had to take a lot of tests – it was conceivable that a unit might have to take over half a dozen Leadership tests in a turn, which had the effect of bogging down the game.

The new Morale phase is simple, and only happens once per player turn, at the end of all your other phases. It will apply to almost every unit, and represents warriors fleeing the battlefield, dying from the psychic feedback shockwaves of their allies, or retreating with injured or fallen brethren. There will be very few units indeed that will not feel its effects.

The mechanics are simple – any units that suffered casualties in a turn must take a Morale test at the end of it. You just roll a dice, add the number of models from the unit that have been slain, and if the number is bigger than the unit’s Leadership, the unit loses the difference in additional models.

That’s it! No units falling back, no regroup tests – all that is gone.

You can see straight away, this will be pretty brutal and mean units that suffer high casualties in a turn stand to lose a lot more come the Morale phase if they roll poorly. Conversely, single-model units (like many vehicles) won’t have to test; as they are units of one, there are no other models in their squad to lose.

There are a few things that can help you out in this phase. A Chaos Dark Apostle, for example, allows all nearby units from the same Legion to use his Leadership. Or, you can use some units to make your opponent’s tests more difficult – the Hemlock Wraithfighter, as an example, decreases the Leadership of enemy units by 1 if they are within 12″ (which equates to one additional lost model on every failed test).

So, that’s morale.

We’ve run through all the phases of the game now. Tomorrow, we’ll take a look at some new background and lore in the new Warhammer 40,000, and then on Friday, we’ll take a look at Battle-forged armies.
gen.ahab likes this.
post #148 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 04:05 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Ouch.....

ATSKNF will prob negate half of it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Fallen likes this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #149 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 05:58 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

A Chaos Dark Apostle, for example, allows all nearby units from the same Legion to use his Leadership

Besides the gurgling shit that is the AoS morale rule, the above bit have a fair important hint: THERE WILL BE CHAOS LEGIONS.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #150 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-03-17, 06:05 PM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
THERE WILL BE CHAOS LEGIONS.
There already are. The Legion supplement covered them last year.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode