8th Edition Rumours - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 05:45 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I think they would just make it a new unit available to all honestly. I don't see them discontinuing the older lines when they can sell both.
Old Man78 likes this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 09:20 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
I think they would just make it a new unit available to all honestly. I don't see them discontinuing the older lines when they can sell both.
I think you are 100% on this, a new unit probably an elite slot

post #133 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 09:43 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Wait, you mean that I might actually have a good GW base model to make Obliterators out of now?

*Is very much aware of the Hi-Tech Miniatures*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

post #134 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 10:36 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

To be fair, GW has kept the entire SM range the size it is mostly so the parts remained interchangeable. They've needed a size upgrade for a while given pretty much every OTHER new release. This wouldn't be too bad a way to start phasing the old models out.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #135 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 12:32 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Not to mention the big introduction of plastic 30k minis. I don't see them having the 30k minis one scale, and the 40k minis a different scale. We saw a larger set of minis in AoS (Blight Kings, the Khorne elites, etc.) But a lot of the normal troops (The Kairic Acolytes and Khorne equivalent) are the same scale as Chaos Cultists.
gen.ahab likes this.
post #136 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 07:24 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

If they will be parallel line (base tactical box with future upgrade sets for assault and heavy weapons, new special vehicles, characters etc.) then I am ok with it. Sort of.

From fluff perspective they won't be sub-faction so how they will be incorporated to existing chapters? Will they replace company captains and chapter masters as they will be superior to them in every way? Will all codex and non-codex chapters have them ?
If they would be just small elite addition because of production cost, then it would be ok. But it they want to bring back entire chapters this might not be the case then.

I think that sooner or later old models will be replaced completely. Slow version of soon-to-be End Times is coming
neferhet likes this.
post #137 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 08:24 AM

The charging and shooting rules could be interesting, with pistols at 1" and charges up to that distance does help slightly.

For the new scale marines, I'll go play 30k for a while and see what occurs I reckon.
post #138 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 03:14 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Posted 02/05/2017

New Warhammer 40,000 – Fight Phase

Let’s get down to the best phase – combat (unless you’re a Fire Warrior…sorry).

This is part of the new Warhammer 40,000 with some of the biggest changes. We’ve already seen in our article on unit profiles that Initiative has gone. Instead, the priority for striking is based on the previous phase, with those units that completed a charge swinging first.

There’s a definite emphasis on making charging into combat effective – these units have gotten all the way across the battlefield, they’ve braved enemy fire and overwatch, and now they’ve finally made it into combat – they will at the very least get to swing.

Units that activate gain a free 3″ move towards the closest enemy. This can be used to get within 1″ of other enemy units, if you’re cunning, dragging more foes into the melee and preventing them from shooting next turn, even if you didn’t charge them directly (giving them no chance to overwatch). Enemy gun lines will need to be careful about how they position their supporting units, so as to avoid getting dragged into the fight too.

Following chargers, players take it in turns to activate units across the board to fight – this can get quite tactical, as both players need to choose the combats where dealing maximum damage will be important to them, while trying to limit enemy retaliation on their valuable or fragile models.

There are a few units that can interrupt this sequence to attack out of turn too – Tyranids with lash whips and Slaaneshi Daemons, for example – and it can also be influenced by Stratagems (more on these soon) if your army is Battle-forged, all of which add a nuanced level of tactical depth to the phase.

Players will have much more influence over the outcome of combat now, rather than purely the stats of the models involved, both in their own and in the opponent’s turns (though we still wouldn’t expect Guardsmen to triumph over a unit of Khorne Berzerkers any time soon – fix bayonets!).

Another thing we have seen is that hit rolls are now fixed. This has the effect of making dedicated combat units generally hit on a 3+, while models representing the most competent warriors of the 41st Millennium (Guilliman, the Swarmlord, Ghazghkull Thraka, to name but a few) will now hit on 2+!

Close combat weapons (which we’ll look at in more detail in future) also gain new rules – some will slice through armour easily, while others will hit with enough force to cause deal multiple wounds that can cripple or kill even powerful enemy models.

Across the board, these changes lead to combats that are more deadly than ever. Generals who successfully coordinate a battlefield-wide charge will be rewarded with a phase of utter carnage, while their opponent will have to work hard to minimise taking damage, and carefully consider their retaliatory options.

Expect combats to be hard-fought, bloody, and tactical – just as they should be.

We’ll be back tomorrow with some new details on morale – and after we’ve seen the damage that shooting, psychic powers and combat can do – can you blame anyone for running away?
post #139 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 03:20 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Well that is nicely vague and uninformative

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
neferhet and Brother Dextus like this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #140 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 07:48 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

They've explained the order units fight in quite well, I think. People who charged that turn go first, then players take turns nominating units to activate because Age of Guilliman needs to be more like Age of Sigmar (the only difference appears to be that making the charge gives you the additional bonus of swinging first - the +1 attack for charging of the current edition is probably gone).

To hit is on the unit profile, to Wound is still Strength vs. Toughness...

Specifics on Wound allocation weren't in shooting either so we'll presumably still get that later. What happens when a single attack causes more wounds than can be found on a single model (eg. Meltagun shot at a Guardsman) is a pretty vital bit of missing knowledge - will it still kill just the one model or will it wipe the entire unit?

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode