8th Edition Rumours - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 646 (permalink) Old 04-30-17, 09:28 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Theory: Rather than an improvement on the normal Space Marines, the Mechanicus has (re)discovered a way to restore the purity of geneseed, making a 10 thousand year stock of not-quite-good-enough suddenly very viable again.

Against this theory is that we're talking about GW and it'd effectively mostly benefit those loyal legion lines that aren't Ultramarines...
Fallen likes this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 02:55 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

The Thunder warriors were bigger and stronger than astartes but burnt out and died quickly, maybe somebody found a way to splice them and regular marines together. Or could just be more age of sigmarfication of 40k with uber marines being the storm cast equivalent

post #123 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 03:01 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
The Thunder warriors were bigger and stronger than astartes but burnt out and died quickly, maybe somebody found a way to splice them and regular marines together. Or could just be more age of sigmarfication of 40k with uber marines being the storm cast equivalent
The Age of Guillimarines. I like the sound of that.
Old Man78 likes this.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #124 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 11:35 AM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post

Against this theory is that we're talking about GW and it'd effectively mostly benefit those loyal legion lines that aren't Ultramarines...
Curing the Blood Angel ailments would be good.
Perhaps they could also genetically modify the White Scars so that GW actually writes about them once in a blue moon.

It turns out that Chaos has their own band...
https://youtu.be/rTGzcdq0_NQ
post #125 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 11:41 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Default ˛˘@@&}đłđ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man78 View Post
Or could just be more age of sigmarfication of 40k with uber marines being the storm cast equivalent
˄This. Cadia falls (End Times). Lost primarch rises (Sigmar). New army of supermarines is raised (Stormcasts). Crusade in the name of the Emperor begins (Age of Sigmar). I just hope that further books and novels will be good.
post #126 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 01:47 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entarion View Post
˄This. Cadia falls (End Times). Lost primarch rises (Sigmar). New army of supermarines is raised (Stormcasts). Crusade in the name of the Emperor begins (Age of Sigmar). I just hope that further books and novels will be good.
Yes. a bad fluff spin to justify another money grab forcing (in long term) all SM players to rebuy their models in order to field Super-Space Marines aka StormCasts. Sorry about the negativity
The pistol stuff is cool. i just assume you will not get an extra attack in melee by pairing it with a ccw.
All in all i'm changing my mind towards a cautious acceptation of the new system. Not the fluff and the new units...but the rules might be functional into quickening the game. (as now, time issues are my group worst concern)
gen.ahab likes this.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #127 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 04:03 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Yes. a bad fluff spin to justify another money grab forcing (in long term) all SM players to rebuy their models in order to field Super-Space Marines aka StormCasts. Sorry about the negativity
Exactly. New tactical supermarines have already bigger bolters so sooner or later they will need to get bigger equipment for other units (devs, assault, terminators). And people will buy it and they will be set for decades.

Regarding the starter set, rumours on SM part are this - Captain, Librarian, Tactical, Assault and Devs. Seems pretty weak without vehicles (they have not been rescaled yet?). So I've been wondering, will all those marines will rescaled in starter set or only tactical squad ?

post #128 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 04:11 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
We’ve heard about movement, psychic powers, and shooting. Today we look at the Charge phase.

Charging in Warhammer 40,000 is how you get your units into close combat to use all those awesome looking exotic combat weapons to hack, slash and otherwise obliterate enemy units.

The basic mechanics of this phase are very similar to how they work now. You can select any unit within 12″ as the target of your charge, and your units will move towards them 2D6″.

Enemy units still have a chance to hit the charging unit with overwatch, provided that they are not already in combat. Just as in the current edition, overwatch is a hit on a flat 6 – all pretty familiar so far.

In the current Warhammer 40,000, you need to reach base contact. In the new edition, though, you only need to come within 1″ of an enemy, which in practice means that compared to the current charge range, you get an extra inch.

You also can’t move within 1″ of an enemy you didn’t declare as the target of your charge, so if you want to engage multiple units, you’ll need to brave the overwatch fire of all of them. Overwatch can also be fired multiple times per phase, but as soon as the unit is engaged, they will no longer be able to fire back.

So, the Charge phase keeps most of its current mechanics, with only minor amends.

Tomorrow, we’ll check in on the Fight phase, where we look at the bloody melee in the 41st Millennium.
post #129 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 04:36 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entarion View Post
Exactly. New tactical supermarines have already bigger bolters so sooner or later they will need to get bigger equipment for other units (devs, assault, terminators). And people will buy it and they will be set for decades.

Regarding the starter set, rumours on SM part are this - Captain, Librarian, Tactical, Assault and Devs. Seems pretty weak without vehicles (they have not been rescaled yet?). So I've been wondering, will all those marines will rescaled in starter set or only tactical squad ?

if they are going to rescale all tanks, I am going to trow my leman russes trough the LFG store window
post #130 of 646 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 04:53 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
The pistol stuff is cool. i just assume you will not get an extra attack in melee by pairing it with a ccw.
All in all i'm changing my mind towards a cautious acceptation of the new system. Not the fluff and the new units...but the rules might be functional into quickening the game. (as now, time issues are my group worst concern)
I'd say it could be that or we could just be seeing new elites. However, I would wager this is the more likely possibility, considering GW is in the business of making money. Now, I don't have a problem with that; that's their job. But if this is the case, the whole, "nah, we won't invalidate your minis," thing was slightly chicken shit, and that I do have a small problem with.

It somewhat begs the question, though: if these will eventually replace the SM range, how will they handle chapter specific ranges?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
neferhet likes this.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode