The AoS comes to Wh40K. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default The AoS comes to Wh40K.

Has anyone noticed this S^^it?
https://www.warhammer-community.com/...rom-adepticon/

So, for you guys that loved AoS, great news. Soon we'll have AoS in SPAAAACE!

For those like me, that hated the shit out of AoS, it's time to start Mordheim and Necromunda again.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 10:38 AM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

::shrugs:: I personally wont mind if it speeds up gameplay and learning to play. I love the tactics of big games but the time is just not something I have anymore.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
neferhet likes this.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 11:04 AM
Feed

You are leaping to some pretty big conclusions here, mate.

Personally, that experiemental deep strike rule will be awesome, especially if we get to use it on our opponent's models.
Old Man78 likes this.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 12:30 PM

Trump's Flag is: USA

dodecahedron bases

moon boots, ski jacket, floppy hat, bang on.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Might want to rethink putting models on three dimensional bases. Your probably thinking of an icosagon.

But at that point not using a circle is silly.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 01:14 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
3 Ways to Play

The General’s Handbook has been one of the most popular rules supplements we’ve ever released. Who’d have thought letting people choose how they wanted to play their games and giving them a clear way to do that would be so popular…? It’s pretty clear from talking to a number of event organisers, that Warhammer 40,000 would benefit from the same approach. So we’ll soon be introducing the same 3 ways to play – open, narrative and matched play – to the 41st Millennium.
I'm pretty sure the ONLY reason the General's Handbook is that popular is Matched Play. Narrative is somewhat interesting (but mostly when combined with Matched), and Open... nobody cares about outside of intro games? Does anyone here ever play it voluntarily?

Quote:
Army Selection

One of the things that comes up a lot is the idea that people should be rewarded for taking thematic armies. It’s a sentiment we agree with and so we’re looking at introducing Command points. A mechanism to reward players who structure their army like their in-world counterparts, with rerolls and cool army specific rules throughout the game.
This really goes back to evenly matching armies again... We've already been slowly getting some of this through Formations, and given GW's willingness to create Formations of Superheavies, that's not filling me with any confidence.

Quote:
Movement

We think the Move value should come back. No more default unit types. Every model should have cool bespoke rules. Not only would that be more fun, but it’ll mean you will only need to learn the rules for your models.
Agreed on most of it, though I've long since learned that you do, in fact, need to know a lot of the army you're playing against to guard against incompetence and malice both...

Quote:
Shooting

Armour save modifiers. This topic comes up almost as often as Sisters of Battle… so we’re going to bring them back. Every weapon will have its place in your army and better represent how you imagine them working in your head.
THEN FIX THE SISTERS OF BATTLE FIRST YOU @$$. Okay, with that out of my system... Having played some AoS, very iffy on this. It's amazing how something that should be tough can disappear with various modifiers being in play.

Quote:
Combat Phase

Charging units should fight first. It’s just more thematic. So we’re hoping to work this out as well. It will reward tactically outmaneuvering your opponent. You can dictate the combats rather than being entirely Initiative based. You control who swings first.
My army largely fights on Initiative 3, so this would be a boost... yet not sure if want. I've done enough charges just to not be charged myself as it is, this sounds like a potentially hefty penalty to CC-reliant armies - especially more fragile ones. The Orks really don't need another nerf.

Quote:
Morale

Its no longer all or nothing, and it affects everyone. We’re thinking of replacing break tests with a simple mechanic. Roll a D6, add that to the number of models your unit has lost this turn, subtract your Leadership and take that many additional casualties.
With the abundance of ATSKNF and Fearless, seeing Morale have more of an impact could be good. It's going to need additional thought behind it than just the above though, because it's just penalizing armies (like Orks, AGAIN) for having a generally poor save right now.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 01:18 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

All I can say is if they can tidy up the cluster 💩 poop of rules and speed up the game in the process, it can only be a good thing. Let's wait and see.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

@DaisyDuke that would be the only good thing they could do imo. Streamline and cut useless rules (like, say, strikedown...blind...fear...concussive...soul flame/burst watherver its called, fuck all these situational "once in a blue moon" rules; mistery terrain, mistery objectives, commander traits, random psy powers, all those random rolls even before we start to play...roll roll roll...for getting a maybe situational bonus once per game...yeah..) . Also, never forget that lots of "time is an issue" stuff boils down to the fact that now a 1000 pts game can esily fit 60+ models... with CSM i could do a 40+ models army of power armour models! Thats insane. My memory as a kid had 1000 pts with maybe 25 dudes on the field + 1-2 vehicles.
Fallen likes this.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
You are leaping to some pretty big conclusions here, mate.

Personally, that experiemental deep strike rule will be awesome, especially if we get to use it on our opponent's models.
I admit, i am flat out panicking!

Quote:
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-23-17, 02:03 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Just one thought here.......

Why would a UK based company release information about its possible change to a core game outside of the UK 1st???

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode