The Glorious Return of the Sisters Rumours - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 04:13 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

On the US site there are only 13 items listed under the Adepta Sororitas

St. Celestine - No longer available
Battle Canoness
Sister w/ Heavy Flamer
Jacobus
Penitent Engine
Exorcist
Sister w/ Heavy Bolter
Sister w/ Multi-Melta
Sister w/ Simulacrum Imperialis
Sister Superior w/ Bolter
Sister w/ Storm Bolter
Sister w/ Melta
Sister w/ Flamer

So Sisters Repentia are gone, at least on the US site.

Edit: It looks like you guys (Brits) have full squads still available, the new model, and that's pretty much the only difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Last edited by Fallen; 12-10-16 at 04:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-10-16, 09:18 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ 22 items on the Canadian site.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

We're back to 22 in the selection with the newly reconfigured squads, but

1. The Immolator has made it's return
2. Canoness Veridyan model in all its "we didn't make enough" glory... sold out in like a minute. Srsly GW)
3. Celestine was on Last Chance, now Sold Out.

So it'll drop to 21 soon enough, and 2 of those are a new model and the Immolator (please let that NOT be limited) which presumably take the place of 2 other models. I THINK it's just alternative Superiors this time...

In related news, a Seraphim squad (still in now 15-year-old metal) now costs 85 euros. Now realize that GW looks at sales numbers and then concludes that the Sisters aren't selling well... Idiots.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Last edited by Shandathe; 12-12-16 at 01:58 AM.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-16, 02:05 AM

I guess this is relevant here despite being a cross-post from the C:IA thread:

Fallen likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-16-16, 11:31 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Priest on Faeit 212
The rumours coming out of GWHQ suggest that Celestine will be back next year in a forthcoming Black Crusade plotbook - the same kind of thing that has seen the reappearance of Magnus, and potentially other primarchs

Manager of my local store picked it up on his last product training day down at GW towers
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-18-16, 04:47 AM
mahavira's Flag is: Canada

Having been through the book, it appears that other than removing St. Celestine (and almost all fluff text) basically the only new content are the detachments (I'd probably just do combined arms rather than waste my time with a "for one turn per game" bonus) and battle objectives (gain victory points for having your warlord slain?! Does any other faction have a rule that rewards failure? Does it make any sense at all to say "well, it was a really close fight then I got lucky and he killed my warlord so I won"?). Actual options for the army are down, an existing model most sister players probably own is no longer usable in any way as you can't even run a jump pack Canoness (and haven't been able to for some time). I begin to feel like a smoker - it's theoretically legal to smoke but every year the places you're allowed to do so are constricted just a bit further.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-18-16, 09:59 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahavira View Post
Having been through the book, it appears that other than removing St. Celestine (and almost all fluff text) basically the only new content are the detachments (I'd probably just do combined arms rather than waste my time with a "for one turn per game" bonus) and battle objectives (gain victory points for having your warlord slain?! Does any other faction have a rule that rewards failure? Does it make any sense at all to say "well, it was a really close fight then I got lucky and he killed my warlord so I won"?). Actual options for the army are down, an existing model most sister players probably own is no longer usable in any way as you can't even run a jump pack Canoness (and haven't been able to for some time). I begin to feel like a smoker - it's theoretically legal to smoke but every year the places you're allowed to do so are constricted just a bit further.
The VP isn't a reward for you failing, it's to penalise your opponent for killing your warlord. It could actually end up making your warlord a lot more survivable. And as for options missing from the list, they did say from the outset that this is not a replacement for other codexes, just a means to allow players to build thematic Inquisitorial forces. GKs and DW are missing a couple of options from their codexes as well, I believe, so take a deep breath, and calm down.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-18-16, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
they did say from the outset that this is not a replacement for other codexes
To be sure, at first the 40k Fb page did indeed say C:IA replaced the previous digital Codices it represented but it seems now GW has rescinded that comment.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-18-16 at 03:46 PM.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-19-16, 12:54 AM
mahavira's Flag is: Canada

The product description on the GW webstore (Canadian version) says "A full army list for the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas". If it was just intended to "add thematic elements" to other armies, I would have expected something more like the GK, DW or AdMech sections, rather than a near complete reproduction of the Adepta Sororitas Codex, complete with Uriah Jacobus (but not Saint Celestine). The only positive possibility suggested by this is creating a physical book for the Sororitas rules that people are likely to own in the event a future supplement comes out with new stuff as with the Tau in Kauyon and Mont'ka, but to be blunt, I'll believe it when I see it, and it's easier to believe they cut Celestine because they're out of her model/were close to out at the time they were preparing the book and have a policy of not having options in codices that they don't produce miniatures for to prevent 3rd parties from stealing their thunder.

In any event, as the ebook codex doesn't format properly on my computer (something odd about the page length disagrees with my laptop's reading app) I suppose this qualifies as more useful than the ebook dex.
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-19-16, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

People will likely still let you use Celestine's eBook version on the table. She outlived a good number of other SCs as it was. And she may be back later, it would be thematically appropriate ;)

And note, while she TOO isn't in the book, Canoness Veridyan is a replacement SC. And one I'm inclined to call as OP for her price. A mere 20 points on top of the normal one, comes with a power weapon (normally 15pts) and gives every Adepta Sororitas unit in 12" Precision.

Those are some nice weapons you tucked in the back of your squad, would be a shame if something were to happen to them...
ntaw likes this.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode