Black Crusade: Angel's Blade - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-16, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Default Black Crusade: Angel's Blade

I wonder will all the codexes get this treatment, and will GW use it as a way to update them without having to rewrite them. The £110 special edition sold out within hours.

Quote:
A campaign supplement for Warhammer 40,000, containing a story from the beginning of the 13th Black Crusade from the perspective of the Blood Angels, featuring new rules content for that Chapter.

The Story

The shadow of a huge fleet of Crimson Slaughter and Black Legion forces falls across the Diamor System, as Abaddon the Despoilerís 13th Black Crusade is launched. This shadow is met by the righteous fury of the Blood Angels; leading a mighty coalition of Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Knights, the Sons of Sanguinius fight bitterly against the servants of Chaos.

Yet the fires of war that consume the worlds of the Diamor System are revealing dark secrets, harbingers of a terrible doom that even the Blood Angels will be hard-pressed to prevent coming to fruitionÖ

Quote:
The Rules

The 136-page hardback Black Crusade: Angelís Blade features a host of new rules content for Warhammer 40,000, to be used alongside Codex: Blood Angels:

- Updated datasheets for Blood Angels, including Terminator Captains, Death Company Chaplains, Assault Squads and Devastator Squads;
- Relics of the Lost; incredibly rare and powerful Death Company relics once borne by a Chapter member who succumbed to the Black Rage;
- Revised and updated Wargear of Baal;
- Death Company Tactical Objectives;
- 9 new Blood Angels Formations, an Angelís Blade Strike Force and a Lost Brotherhood Strike Force;
- 3 new Altar of War missions: Death on the Wing, Honour of the Angels and No Matter the Odds.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB...ade-HB-ENGLISH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-12-16, 06:33 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

As (seemingly) Heresy's only active Blood Angel player, I will vouch for our Faction's excitement. I have been clicking refresh every two seconds on my various browser tabs waiting rules leaks but it all looks pretty god damn OK to me regardless.

Death Company army? Fuck. Yes.
Fallen likes this.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-16, 12:01 AM

dont know why your should get new stuff when choas only got 3 new formations an the ones from other books into 1 with no relics or units or anything

GW STOP THE CHAOS HATE

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-16, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki619 View Post
dont know why your should get new stuff when choas only got 3 new formations an the ones from other books into 1 with no relics or units or anything

GW STOP THE CHAOS HATE
BA have gotten exactly zero from all the combined SM releases, now we finally get OK-ish Formations (from what I can tell anyway, my French is a little rusty) and CSM players across the Forums continue to complain. You know what? I don't care if it's justified because your Codex is unsatisfactory. Our Codex is almost as bad and this book doesn't seem to be changing it one bit as of this second.

CSM PLAYERS STOP YER BITCHING AND MOVE ON IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

ps. Loki you're cool, I'm merely venting (just like you are). It's not meant to be a personal gripe or anything sinister

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-16, 03:54 PM

I guess I'll add to this since we're burgeoning with posts and attention here. Moar spoiled pages in French:

Linky.
Fallen likes this.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-16, 08:46 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki619 View Post

GW STOP THE CHAOS HATE
To be fair after actually having a read and a think and also playing a game with the black crusade book it seems pretty solid.
But the emo Angels in red have also fealt our long term GW shunning, so I for one hope they get some good stuff so I can really really hate them.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-14-16, 01:07 AM

From Faeit:

Quote:
First the upgrades.
without any surprise,
- Assault squad receive the same entry as vanilla : no JP, buy either the jumpack or the transport or leave them on foot. Evicerator available
- Devastator : same thing, they have acces to cherubin and grav cannon.
- vindi and WW can be fielded as squadron with the same bonus
- same thing for turbo boos bonus for speeders
- access to domain from the new disciplines
Then the news
First a DC chaplain
allow to reroll the roll to wound for him and its uni when charging except in a disorderd charge
Then the Baal :
Fieldable in squadron and may re roll 1 to W when played in squadrons of 3
I have no access to relics except the TH from Kraen wich becomes available to any BA character
Then you have 2 detachment or rather "super formations" "gladius" ... whatever
The first is a standard one the second is more Death company
Gladius like detachment
bonus
- re roll of warlord trait
- l+1I when charging
- zealot if any squad come below 50%
… And... That's all ! No free transport if 2 half company are played...
The formations
Core :
Demi Companie
As a vanilla one except you can swap the command squad for a furioso
Special rules Reroll of the warlord trait and +1I when charging and ... That's all !!!! NO OBJECTIVE SECURED And it's the same bonus as the whole formation... This is THE dark point IMO…
archangels demi companie
1 termi captain
2 furioso
4 units amongst termis assault termi vanguard sternguards
special rules :
Stubborn
Roll for reserve at Turn 1
Re roll scatter and roll only 1d6
Warlord trait re roll
HQ :
Leaders of the Angelic Host :
1 HQ
0-1 comman squad
0-1 Storm Raven
no special rules
Golden Host
Dante or Sanguinor
2-5 sanguinary guards units
Special rules :
No reserve roll you choose the turn they arrive and everybody arrive in DS
They can charge the turn they DS but count as disordered charge
Chapter ancients
3-5 units of
Dreads
Dreads Furioso
Dreads Archi
special rules
1time per battle, you can choose to sacrify the movement phase of any dread to either make a free shoot or a free movement of contact and resolve CC A. You can then proceed normally to shoot or charge
Auxiliaries :
Archangels orbital intervention force
3 termi squads of any sort
Special rules :
MUST be kept in DS reserve
one single reserve roll
The termi may eithershoot twice (not necessarly at the same target) OR charge the turn they DS but this will count as disordered charge
10th company Ambush Force
3-5 units of scouts or scout bikes
Restrictions : bikes must have mines
Special rules :
As long as it doesn't move a unit gain +1 cover (shrouded?)
Precision shot first turn
Death Company Strike Force
1 DC chaplain
3 DC squads
0-3 DC dreads
Special rules
Models within 12" of the chaplain gain +1A
Lucifer Armoured strike force
1 techmarine
3-5 units of preds or Baal
1-3 units of LR of any sort
Special Rules
Scouts
Overloaded engines free
Storm Raven Squadron
2-4 Storm Raven
Special Rules : One time per battle, during your movement phase, declare you target an enemy unit. All the SR within 72" of the target and with a LoS must shoo all their remaining stormstrike missiles on the target. This doesn't count toward the number of weapons usable and the SR may use their weapons during the shooting phase as normal.
Rapid Assault Force
1-3 units
Assault squads
bike squads
attack bike squads
speeder squadrons
Special Rules : none it's a "blank formation" usable only in the super detachment
Fire Support Force
1-3 units
devastator
WW
Vindi
Special rules : none it's a "blank formation" usable only in the super detachment
And then Death Company Gladius
Bonus :
Re roll traits
+1I when charging expect if disordered charge
After Deploying the unit, it may make a 6"move. This is NOT a scout move
Core
Death Company Strike Force as described
HQ
Death Company Command
1-3 choices amongst Astorath, Lemartes or chapelain CdlM
Aux
Archangels Orbital Intervention force as described
10th company support as described
Lucifer Armoured squadron as described
Storm Raven squadron as described
Rapid Assault Force as descibed
My global impression is positive as GW seems to get rid of the OP formations with lots of free stuf (I suggest vanilla and DA to profit from those bonus as long as they can because I don't see them pass the v8)
The formations are clearly assault orientated but the good thing is that GW didn't stick only on the assault phase and gave nice shooting bonus like the twice shot of the termis or the additionnal shots of the dread.
My only BIG concern is the lack of OS on the semi company. I don't think the gladius bonus are worth this loss and I reaaly expect to see a CAD with OS squads beside angelic host or dread formations

Death Company Relics
– 2+ armor with adamantium will and crusader –
– 2-handed power axe, Str of user,AP2 master crafted, armorbane
– Counter attack stuff
– Template pistol 4+ poisoned AP6
– Inferno pistol 12” master crafted
– DC chaplain only crozius: AP3 and reroll FNP rolls of 1 for every model that has the rule in his unit

I've also seen that I haven't shared the warlords traits
1 one time per battle, you can chose to roll a die (can be any die : roll to hit, a save, a die of a LD test etc)
2 the character and the DC units within 12" have fleet when they charge
3 the warlord and its unit has rampage
4 the warlord gains fnp, if he alreaday has it add +1 to the fnp roll
5 the warlord gains rage
6 the warlord and all the DC units within 12" gains hatred (chaos deamons) and hatred (CSM)

Another odd thing
I have talked with the contact who sent me the pics : the assault squad and devastator seem to be the only updated entries of the supplement (the tank suqzdrons are just "grey boxes" like the CSM tanks).
It would mean that

-Tactical squads don't have acces to the grav cannon
-So dont' Sternguards
-Terminators keep their points values

This is surprising (particularly for the termis as I understand the fact that tactical go heavy flamers and deva go grav) but it has to be tempered unless we have the book handy

Pic
New Blood Angels formations, miniatures, wargear? - Page 31 - + BLOOD ANGELS + - The Bolter and Chainsword
Just to clarify about the dreads formation
It gives you EITHER a free CC phase without reply DURING THE MOVEMENT PHASE OR a free shooting phase DURING THE MOVEMENT PHASE.
You have to announce you launch this special effect AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TURN
The dread perform this special action INSTEAD OF MOVING
This grant a free shooting or a free PILE IN + attack
The experssion PILE IN is used.
It's a expression exclusive to models that are already engaged
So following all this restrictions (declare at the beginning of the turn, instead of a move, pile in...) it's safe to say that you cannot pod a dread and perform the action during the same turn. It also means that you cannot use this special rule to engage a dread that was not engaged in CC yet

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-16, 07:32 PM
So be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
As (seemingly) Heresy's only active Blood Angel player...
(Sorry mate)

Super pumped though - I preordered it a while back, I think it's on its way over
ntaw likes this.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-16, 08:39 PM

ha! Welcome back @JAMOB . It's been a while.

There's a ton of amazing stuff in the book, don't trust the never-ending slew of haters elsewhere on the webz. I pretty much know all the rules from the book at this point and have been compiling the book from the various spoiler pictures I've found because torrents got hard. If they don't release a physical copy of an amalgamated 'dex I'll be picking up the supplement for sure.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-16, 10:46 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

my BA friend is super excited for this release, probably about the same amount as I was with the CSM one.

*still waiting for the other 3 Demonkin books*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode