Warzone Fenris Part 2: Plastic Daemon Magnus and more - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Warzone Fenris Part 2: Plastic Daemon Magnus and more

In the vein of Shield of Baal it seems the Warzone Fenris campaign is going to be a two parter with the second parter bring in the long time rivals of the Space Wolves:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhams-77
No release dates yet. The ongoing monthly Warzone: Fenris eBook series will end in October 2016.

- Newest update June 9 2016 -

Products (rumored by Atia, Sad Panda, Mauler)

- Plastic Thousand Sons Rubric Marines
- Plastic Magnus the Red Daemon Primarch model

In the next Horus Heresy boardgame - release in fall 2016 (rumored by Sad Panda)

- Plastic Thousand Sons for 30k

Age of Sigmar / 40k releases (Source: Sad Panda)

- Plastic Lord of Change from the same artist as Magnus (end of 2016 the earliest)
- Starting with Warhammer Quest Silver Tower there will be many Tzeentch models for AoS (partly crossover with 40k) throughout 2016

Also most likely (currently guesses based on rumors)

- 40k Campaign book Warzone: Fenris II
- BL ebook and printed novel
- An updated, printed Codex: SW?

Collected rumors and information (sorted: newest -> oldest):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda 679831 8707075 null
Remember it is still a few months out, especially the 40K stuff.

There are a lot of things in the pipeline before it. Deathwatch for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda 679831 8706041 null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhams-77 679831 8706006 null
You mean the classic myth of GW producing Primarchs? :D
Myth no more.

A lot of people over the years claimed the GDs were all finished and claimed they saw them (talking about myths).

All of them curiously missed this particular vintage-epic-inspired-villain next to the only recently finished LoC his design portfolio.

Remember the Warhammer Fest comment about things changing, but not quite as drastic as End Times/AoS? 40K is on the move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamerion 679831 8705889 null
via Mauler on Faeit 212
Speaking of Space Wolves, Natfka, I bumped into an old mate last night who had a chap with him who I'd not met before. He said that he knew people working at GW, said that they were working on Warzone: Fenris pt2 at the moment and showed me two grainy photos.

I assume that the delay in pt2 is down to the models involved as one pic was of Thousand Sons in ornate armour that I'd not seen before and the other pic was of a daemonic Magnus. Hard to make out details on him from memory but there was a fair bit of blue & red on him and I vaguely remember something like blue pinions outstretched from his back but I'm not sure if they were wings. Clearly a departure from a Primarch Magnus from FW.

And a plastic Magnus from GW was the last thing I expected to see. It looked legit, but I don't know the chap, so..

Can't get a copy of the pics as they're secret squirrel, but my chum confirms that there are
wings on Magnus and it's GW plastic, not FW resin.
Atia on B&C

Quote:
From the A-40k-author blog

Quote:
So many people making crazy/wrong assumptions about the War Zone Fenris situation and I’m just like;

And then I see like one guy out of eighty make the correct guess and I’m silently like;

Everyone just chill and wait for the sequel!
HQ of 1st batt. 31st Harakoni Warhawks ? So many people making crazy/wrong assumptions...

Quote:
Also included is my own very first Black Library story, Deathwatch 4: Redblade. The primary protagonist, Drenn, will be returning quite soon for further adventures!
- Spoiler warning - Warzone Fenris I: Curse of the Wulfen -

Also about Krom's and Ulrik's part in the storyline (WD 107 - Jan 13 2016) - via Beardyhammer.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 07:46 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Plastic Magnus the Red in Daemon Prince form?

1:12. That's my response (with a disbelieving tone).

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 08:03 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Plastic Magnus......Wat....wat....WAT?!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Well Simon fromFW did drop a big hint that plastic would be the way the Daemon Primarch would go. Makes sense too since they'd be playable in both 40k and 30k.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 08:38 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Well Simon fromFW did drop a big hint that plastic would be the way the Daemon Primarch would go. Makes sense too since they'd be playable in both 40k and 30k.
If, and a big if, the Daemon Primarchs were to exist in-game I could buy that Forge World would be the ones to make them. Not GW though, they'd never make anything that cool.

Plus the Daemon Primarchs in 40k would be a massive game-changer. The powers of a DP combined with the statline of a Primarch, the loyalist and xenos armies would have nothing short of superheavies that could counter such a thing.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 09:49 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Flyers, Super-Heavies, and Gargantuan Creatures all were big shocks to 40k. Why wouldn't GW continue it rolling with plastic Daemon Primarchs?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Daemon Primarchs aren't even new to the game:

Seriously, FW said they won't touch them and they'd be cooler in plastic. Considering Angron should be modern Bloodthirstier size I appreciate the fact that he'd be horrible to assemble in resin and hope for nice plastic models instead.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-16, 11:10 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Old Angron up there has a similar stat line to Skarbrand.

If only Skarbrand could fly (without papa Khone tossing him, that is)...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-16, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atia
Anyone still hyped about Tzeentch? Yes? Great. Here some snippets to avoid all possible confusions:

- Forgeworld will do the Prospero Magnus. In resin. Around Fall, for the Inferno release (as I think Russ may be ready for sale for the next Open Day). There are no "problems", Simon Egan just was afraid of both the horns on his chest and his face. He will be the largest Primarch. And of course FW will continue to produce the 30k Primarchs.

- GW will use the Daemon Primarchs for their ongoing storyline. Because that's the things that "are more interesting". You can use them for both 30k and 40k games, more people buy plastic models than resin. Magnus is finished. But please don't expect all 5/6 Daemon Primarchs tomorrow lol.

- GW already did them (Angron, Mortarion, Magnus and Fulgrim) in EPIC. They all work as large focus models for their respective Cults.

- I wouldn't expect this stuff before the Summer is over. Relax, enjoy your summer releases and campaigns!.

- Tzeentch Arcanites, Thousand Sons, Daemons of Tzeentch. #YearOfTzeentch (btw, don't take the year as year but more as ~12 months lol). Also, these aren't next in line, so again, don't expect this tomorrow ...

Last but not least, a quote from Sad Panda that summs it quite up

"Remember it is still a few months out, especially the 40K stuff.
There are a lot of things in the pipeline before it. Deathwatch for example."

So, let's chill and enjoy our summer =)
regards,
Lady Atia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadPanda
Myth no more.

A lot of people over the years claimed the GDs were all finished and claimed they saw them (talking about myths).

All of them curiously missed this particular vintage-epic-inspired-villain next to the only recently finished LoC his design portfolio.

Remember the Warhammer Fest comment about things changing, but not quite as drastic as End Times/AoS? 40K is on the move.

Last edited by Zion; 06-11-16 at 12:50 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-16, 09:27 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

This would be excellente and indeed a game-changer, but CSM really needs this as their current codex sucks. But I believe it once I see it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode