Warhammer 40,000 FAQ DRAFT online for feedback - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 04:51 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Very little makes sense in 40k when you apply logic like that sadly. To me, if you want to pay 5pts on every man to have melta bombs, then it's just a redundancy, so if I snipe your sergeant with a Vindicare, then the squad can still use a melta bomb on something. As this is exactly the sort of thing I do with my Vindicare. "So that assault squad near by land raider, which of them have melta bombs? Oh just the sergeant? Ok one sec *Snipe* ok, have fun charging that now."

Perhaps it's just the 30k mindset I'm in, but if I buy melta-bombs for every person, it's not redundancy. It's because they're a demo team. I'm doing that so they can blow up a Knight's legs or crack open a Spartan and 1 melta-bomb is never going to be enough.

Plus "There's not a whole lot of logic in 40k" isn't a reason for something else to be illogical.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

I put a reply on the 40k page under grenades so the rules team can refine things a bit (hopefully). I don't think panicing about grenades until next week is appropiate anyways since this is just a draft.
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:17 PM
Rattlehead

God forbid they make melee walkers viable again! And man, those vehicles that are ruining the game for everyone.

The only reason I can see that the 'one grenade per unit per phase' thing would be bad is that Battle Company is good enough already. Other than that, it's a good change. I can now bring an Imperial Knight and Ironclads and Maulerfiends and not have to fear charging into a squad of Fire Warriors.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:20 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Nothing needs refining. It was bullshit lawyering in the first place, now it's official. People need to stop being in denial and accept the rule as it now conclusively is. Watching Imperial Knights being brought down by a squad of pathfinders in melee was the biggest load of shit ever.
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Nothing needs refining. It was bullshit lawyering in the first place, now it's official. People need to stop being in denial and accept the rule as it now conclusively is. Watching Imperial Knights being brought down by a squad of pathfinders in melee was the biggest load of shit ever.
Shooting attacks and close combat attacks are different things. Only one grenade shooting attack may be made per phase, there is no such restriction on close combat attacks (and the answer only says shooting, which is not in line with the close combat attacks question, furthermore the rulebook says when being used in close combat and not for overwatch grenades are clamped or placed, not thrown further not making it a "shooting" attack, something you can't even do when fighting in assault anyways).

The ruling you say is "so clear" contradicts the way grenades have always been used in close combat before and doesn't even truly line up with what the rules for grenades actually say, hence why it needs to be clarified.
post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:39 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Have a feeling they Wil just delete the sentence saying thrown. The first sentence us very direct

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 05:49 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Shooting attacks and close combat attacks are different things. Only one grenade shooting attack may be made per phase, there is no such restriction on close combat attacks (and the answer only says shooting, which is not in line with the close combat attacks question, furthermore the rulebook says when being used in close combat and not for overwatch grenades are clamped or placed, not thrown further not making it a "shooting" attack, something you can't even do when fighting in assault anyways).

The ruling you say is "so clear" contradicts the way grenades have always been used in close combat before and doesn't even truly line up with what the rules for grenades actually say, hence why it needs to be clarified.
No the answer says in the very first bloody line 'only one model from the unit can attack with a grenade in the assault phase' clear as day, full stop, end of, no confusion. I don't see what you and others are understanding about that line. It's unequivocal. And no it's not against how grenades have always been used. 6th ed very clearly stated one per phase as well.
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 08:35 PM
Feed

I think the grenades thing was clearly done for two reason. They want people to buy the large walking shinies and people won't if they know the things can just be haywired to death in one phase. Plus entire units of haywire grenades was BS to begin with. Limiting to one grenade per phase is to bring balance to the game and their sales.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 08:40 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Multiple grenades wasn't strong until they introduced hull points, then it pretty much nuked the viability of walkers and other things. I think this is addressing that issue.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-05-16, 08:44 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
And no it's not against how grenades have always been used. 6th ed very clearly stated one per phase as well.
Actually, it bloody well didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th Edition rulebook
Only one grenade(of any type) can be thrown by a unit per Shooting phase.

Vehicles and Monstrous creatures

Some grenades can be used against vehicles and/or Monstrous Creatures, but have to be clamped in place for maximum effect.

A model can use such a grenade as a Melee weapon, but can only ever make one attack, regardless of the number of Attacks in its profile or any bonuses.
Emphasis mine. There's a very large difference between one grenade attack / model (Assault phase) and one attack / unit (Shooting phase).

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode