Holy wow! CHAOS updates! - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 11:46 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

That kind of thing is the only use I can see for th lords and sorcerer formation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 01:28 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
Actually, you've got me. Your examples are cool I do really like blight drones. So yeah, it appears that I only hate Dinobots.
Right on! Then for today, you shall be Kharn the Affirmer.

Praise be to the dark gods.

The main problems with daemon engines in the past has been that they were almost exclusively khornate in 40k. Epic had a bunch from other gods which weren't moved to 40k including the plague tower of nurgle, silver tower and firelord of tzeentch, the questor scout titan of slaanesh. Compared to these there were 5+ khornate epic daemon engines cauldron of blood, cannon of khorne, death dealer, brass scorpion, tower of skulls, Lord of battles (now the Lord of skulls), blood reaper, and doom blaster.

There's a ton they could have done.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 04-20-16 at 01:41 PM.
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 08:33 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I still think that Slaanesh Lords on Steeds with Burning Brand of Skalathrax to Outflank a unit and burninate some fools is a criminally underused tactic.

Just for what that's worth.
Yeah, that's a fun one. Then the question is whether to double down on AP3 and take advantage of that high I with a lightning claw, or to grab a power axe/fist to balance out the torrent AP3 you're already bringing for versatility. Depends on the unit you're outflanking in, I suppose.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 08:51 PM
Rattlehead

20 CSM with Icon of Excess, 2 Meltaguns, VotLW and Champion with Lightning Claw, because you're a real man. Lord gets a Claw because I6 is great and I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw 2+ armour on the table other than my own Assault Terminators, which I bought, built, undercoated, fielded twice then shelved because 2+ armour isn't worth shit for dick in my meta in the current edition.

I don't know why horde CSM appeals so much to me, I just think it's really cool and better than people give it credit for.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 09:15 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

You know the solution right guys? Fuck 40k and come over to 30k. We've got legion rules for everyone (well, the Thousands amongst you might have to wait until later this year, but still) a plethora of special units, dark Mechanicum and ways to add varied cultists to your lists. Plus, as the timeline progresses, you can bet there'll be plenty of that witchy-poo goodness you heretics love to go around.

Join us...join us...

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-20-16, 11:54 PM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

when the Thousand Sons get their place in 30k i will definately be thinking long and hard about building an army for it, especially if they have all the different rules for each of the cults. the only real thing that would stop me is the colour change as all my Thousand Sons are in post heresy blue.

So i don't know if i want to start a whole new army (i should rephrase that, i don't Know if my wife would let me start a whole new army)LOL

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-22-16, 12:51 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
You know the solution right guys? Fuck 40k and come over to 30k. We've got legion rules for everyone (well, the Thousands amongst you might have to wait until later this year, but still) a plethora of special units, dark Mechanicum and ways to add varied cultists to your lists. Plus, as the timeline progresses, you can bet there'll be plenty of that witchy-poo goodness you heretics love to go around.

Join us...join us...
I'm moving over to 30k, I've started a WE/Wb-mixed-themed Shadow Crusade-army and got units for a EC-army. F**k GW. ^^
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 03:01 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

I'm re-exploring chaos at the moment and really enjoying it so far. The Path to Glory campaign is (Age of Sigmar Style) a different way to play that is actually fun, and my 'meta' are all people who have no issues with adjusting the allies chart to make sense, such as traitor chapter type marines, traitor guard, orkish cultists etc.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 06:54 PM

Ravion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
I'm re-exploring chaos at the moment and really enjoying it so far. The Path to Glory campaign is (Age of Sigmar Style) a different way to play that is actually fun, and my 'meta' are all people who have no issues with adjusting the allies chart to make sense, such as traitor chapter type marines, traitor guard, orkish cultists etc.
Ah Path to Glory...... I can't wait to run that campaign in May.
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-26-16, 09:06 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
I'm moving over to 30k, I've started a WE/Wb-mixed-themed Shadow Crusade-army and got units for a EC-army. F**k GW. ^^
Um... FW is owned by GW, so I'm not sure they'll get much of the vibe off of that one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode