Angels of Death Space Marine Supplement - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 05:56 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I really hope it raises all AV and not just one facing. WC2, maybe WC1 if it's only one side?
One can hope its like the crafty Storm power for the Eldar, the more warp charges put in the greater the effect, so WC1 for Front, WC2 for front and side, etc. But that just complicates everything!

I'm enjoying the freedom of formations and being rewarded for taking some interesting lists. But it is so damn easy for people who just care about winning to abuse them to create unholy armies of doom.

But that's not what this thread is for so I'll shut up and look at the shiny new marines :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 06:13 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ apparently it's a WC2 24" blessing that raises all side's AV by one or grants +1T in non vehicle units.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #53 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 07:58 PM
Rattlehead

*reinstates the Librarius Conclave instead of the Psykana Division*
*salivates*

Tigurius, you glorious blue bastard, come back to me and show my enemies what it means to be an AV15/14/11 tank squadron!

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

post #54 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 08:20 PM
Rattlehead

24" bubble of -2 Invuln?

Hello, game-changer.

Crap. +1 Toughness/AV is hilarious on Pask and his buddies or on an Imperial Knight, basically everything else can suck it.

Mostly garbage but Magnetokinesis and the ol' switcheroo are both awesome. Centurions are now 24" move, and the train has no brakes. Bringing a Librarius just for this and Null Zone.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 04-12-16 at 08:33 PM.
post #55 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-16, 02:50 PM

Geokinesis, with some hilarious opportunities for cheesery on the 6th power.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #56 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-16, 06:51 PM

ArkInRev's Flag is: USA

A friend of mine plays Black Legion, and I feel guilty getting shiny new space marine toys.
post #57 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-15-16, 04:20 PM

So, is there any reason one would not be able to place their own Vanguard Veteran Squad on a piece of terrain and use it as a 24" moving assault vehicle? T0, deploy on some woods, T1, psychic yourself 24" up the table and assault. Sounds fun as hell... Or put ignores cover on some Sternguard for when you can't choose between ignores cover and 2+ poison/AP 3 (gives you both). I'm gonna enjoy Geokinesis... I'd say it seems more fun than cheesy but eh... it depends I guess.

At the end of the game the king and the pawn go into the same box .
post #58 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 10:12 AM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheV0791 View Post
So, is there any reason one would not be able to place their own Vanguard Veteran Squad on a piece of terrain and use it as a 24" moving assault vehicle?
It has potential, but i'd put it in the "extremely situational" category. It's probably of limited use in my local gaming group, purely due to the nature of the scenery we use. (There's usually lots of little pieces scattered about, so you'd have very limited options to place any piece of scenery big enough to carry a squad.) That, and the fact it's a warp charge 3 power, which I generally have trouble casting at the best of times. HI PERILS.

The fact that it's not 100% percent reliable hopefully makes it, as you said, fun rather than cheesy. We'll see if my opponents see it that way. ^^

I'll probably be playing around with Fulmination first. Really like the look of that whole discipline.
post #59 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 02:09 PM

Librarius Conclave attached to whatever deathstar unit you'd like atop/within whatever piece of scenery you wish to fling across the table for a T1 decapitation. The only unreliable thing here is being able to place the terrain in a good spot, but the Conclave makes it more reliable than a Drop Pod otherwise.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #60 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 02:30 PM
Rattlehead

Having played with Technomancy against a fully mechanised Iron Warriors list, I can confirm that it's garbage. Best thing I got out of it all game was my phone autocorrecting Wrath of Mars to Wrath of Arse, which was both hilarious and accurate.

From closer analysis of the others, they're all very hit-and-miss, fairly shitty disciplines - a big part of which is crap Primaris Powers. With Divination or Malefic or Telepathy you can roll on it with a Level 1 or Level 2 Psyker and if you fudge the roll, you can still sit there, donate warp charge and throw out Psychic Shrieks/Presciences/Summonings. The Space Marine disciplines? If you're on Librarius you're irrelevant without Null Zone or Veil of Time, for Technomancy you need Warpmetal Armour and if you're allied in to a faction that actually has good tanks then the repair and POTMS ones are decent enough (although hardly impressive); Fulmination has better-Levitation and the ol' Switcheroo (which is totally worth it just to get out of combat with a relevant unit, it's basically auto-Hit and Run) with the other powers all being universally garbage (most Psykers don't really have enough the statline to make Electric Fists truly scary, bar lucking out with a Librarius Conclave to stack it with Warp Speed at which point you can muscle wizard your way through a whole squad of Orks or Gaunts and laugh inanely). Geomancy is probably the best; Landquake's reasonable as stopping Run and Flat Out is actually something Eldar will really hate you for, and is a useful utility power in a lot of situations (fuck you, Orks, you don't get your racial bonus!), Phase Form is Perfect Timing that can be cast on vehicles or other squads that got isolated and need the bonus, and therefore very powerful; Worldscape I'm not sold on as you need to fit into a terrain piece, have an appropriate terrain piece to hand, have enough dice to cast it and all the other powers you need (WC3 isn't hard to do for a Librarius, but taking 4 dice out of your pool makes it a big opportunity cost against casting Invisibility, Prescience, Veil of Time, Endurance, and other powers you probably want to have active), not to mention you kinda need to build around it.

If you want to use the Space Marine disciplines, bring Tigurius or Loth, because otherwise you're going to end up with a useless dead weight Librarian most games who'll sit on his ass with a Haywire beam and a 'you might not get to fire your pintle Heavy Stubber' malediction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode