Angels of Death Space Marine Supplement - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 02:31 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
I'm getting sick and tired of you fucking attacking me.
That's cool, I'm getting sick of you being so forceful with your opinions of new releases which are often flat out wrong. You didn't even admit when you're wrong when I quoted the actual GW site at you. Don't get all flamey when you're wrong dude, move on with new information.

There's two Formations which make up the Flameblade Strike Force that I've never seen before, the Stormlance Battle Demi-Company (Core) and the Flamebringer (Auxiliary). Regardless of the context of your fight with someone else I figured asking you about it would be pertinent since you seem to know a lot about it. Your firm stance on this (and many other) matters warranted a good ol' Canadian 'bud' at the end of the sentence, in an attempt to break the tension that you seemed to be holding onto.

I mean, even if every Formation in the book is a reprint of the various sourcebooks out there SM have never been able to take the Armoured Task Force as a Core choice and they've never been able to elect a Vehicle as Warlord (maybe Chronus, but either way it's not like you could take tanks as a Command choice either). It may very well be an entire rehash of what's out there, but the differences in organization in the Strike Forces are not what we had before and as such are new to players.

Heck, I initially typed something that could have been construed as more inflammatory but edited it out based on consideration for you and the conversations we've had. I mean it's cool if you want to fuck off from Heresy, I feel the same way to be perfectly honest, but it honestly just sounds like you don't want to have another conversation where you might be proved less than right in after getting into it with some stunned cunt on Facebook.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 05:04 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Both of you, Don't quit the entire site just cause of this. Let's just let this deescalate and move on.
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 05:15 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Same with my Librarian Dreadnoughts!
I have always been jealous of Blood angels and their librarian dreadnoughts! But good shout. Depending on warp charge costs it could make them a far tougher nut to crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
...particularly the fiendish Technomancy Discipline, which is all about domination of machinery, both yours and your opponent’s. This Discipline’s Primaris Power is able to force enemy units to fire only Snap Shots, or even take them over entirely: pick the biggest tank your enemy has and turn it against them! Another standout, Warpmetal Armour, adds Armour Values to units on a successful roll.
So on board with this! Perhaps might help out our poor dreadnoughts...

Please don't fight! Don't make me choose who I have to live with

post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 05:16 PM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cheers for the links Ntaw, so much info and yet so little! May actually have to motivate myself to buying this one a little more promptly than usual. Though now I'm very glad I didn't fork out for that filthy Kauyon Supplement (grumble grumble).
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 05:52 PM

Huge Crimson Fists fan here, but it looks like our content is relatively minimal? At least compared to White Scars and Iron Hands (I guess we are a second founding's chapter though). I am most excited for the psychic powers as I loves me some librarians, Earthomancy or whatever seems pretty neat... Playing with the terrain and all, can't wait to see more powers!

At the end of the game the king and the pawn go into the same box .
post #46 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheWolves View Post
Depending on warp charge costs it could make them a far tougher nut to crack.
I really hope it raises all AV and not just one facing. WC2, maybe WC1 if it's only one side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Darling View Post
Though now I'm very glad I didn't fork out for that filthy Kauyon Supplement (grumble grumble).
This is why I only own physical copies of the BA 'dex and the BRB and digital copies of any/everything else. I can't go spending $30-60 every time a new Formation comes out

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #47 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 06:35 AM

Brother Armiger's Flag is: USA

I'm interested in this, but I can't see how I -need- it running Black Templars.
post #48 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 08:22 AM
Feed

The inflammatory BS and targeted comments are going to stop. Discuss the things, don't waste time taking jabs or inferring insults from others' posts.

On a not mod note, I do like that gw is coming out with more of these. I've found that formations are making the game a hell of a lot more fun with the less restrictive army building options.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #49 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 11:49 AM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Armiger View Post
I'm interested in this, but I can't see how I -need- it running Black Templars.
But what about all of the gloooorious psychic pow....oh.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe alot of the formations are available for all chapters, in spite of originally appearing in chapter specific supplements. I have noticed a distinct lack of librarians in nearly every formation (seriously, are they anywhere but the conclave?) so I always just assumed it was so BTs didn't feel left out.

Hell, I don't even think the RG Talon Strike Force / Decurion / Super-detachment even has the Librarius Conclave listed. It's just one big wonderful mess of scouts and flyers.

The new supplement does mention "Crimson Fists and Black Templars Warlord traits" as listed on page 85, but no idea if these are from the fists original supplement.

EDIT: I guess the subject of -need- comes down to where you play. Whilst I predominantly game with my club in my friends garage, my local gdubs (all gdubs?) does insist on players having all relevant rules / materials to hand when playing a game. Pulling it up on battlescribe doesn't quite cut it / causes frowny faces.

Last edited by Rush Darling; 04-12-16 at 11:52 AM.
post #50 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-12-16, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I've found that formations are making the game a hell of a lot more fun with the less restrictive army building options.
For better or worse it's the way the game is now, and it only seems to be picking up steam. I've noticed with at least the Anvil Strike Force that you can cherry pick units via Mechanized Infantry Auxiliary option, though as per the Strike Force's special rules all Infantry must have a Transport vehicle. I'm finding a hard time thinking of Unbound lists that even hold a candle to what you can take with Formations these days: I could drop a Command Land Raider and a Land Raider Spearhead and play four nigh unstoppable tanks at 1k. Want to make them even harder to kill and bump up the points a touch? Take four Techmarine Auxiliary choices and put them inside said Land Raiders (the TMs being Infantry need to be inside a transport and they would be, this seem legal at the moment). Maybe not the most competitive but it wasn't possible a week ago and maybe I just came into owning a fourth Land Raider so this appeals to me I wonder if the general gripe against Unbound lists is what brought GW to this point?

I agree that having less restrictions on what's in your army is a great direction. Not that I have yet, but I eventually want to build a Daemon army for AoS (and 40k of course) purely because I can take whatever models/units I want and play the game without worry or care for Detachment or Formation requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Darling View Post
Don't quote me on this, but I believe alot of the formations are available for all chapters
All Formations presented in this book "can be included in any Battle-Forged Space Marine army", so you're good to go.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode