FW Primarch Corvus Corax now out! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Default FW Primarch Corvus Corax now out!

Corax is now out!

Great details, a bit unsure about the hair. I think perhaps making him leap upwards would be cooler than landing, but yeah, still great model. The pricing though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 11:32 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Was never going to go down in price after Perturabo hit 70, i'm surprised it didn't go up actually. I guarantee Magnus and Sanguinius will be in 80 range.

Seeing him painted though and 360 view, I actually like the model a lot more.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 11:41 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Great model in my eyes and cheap by FW standards.

Also considering the Fury Assault Squads, which is at 38 - That is relatively cheap as well by FW standards, as the Gol Vorbak Dark Brethren cost 48 for 5 models.

I quite like them
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 12:07 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like that assault squad very much! Guess Corax looks ok but as said before his face is kinda off and the paint really only accentuates this, however it's nice to see the whip actually on the model even if he isn't holding it. Would have really liked to have seen a dead Gal Vorbak in line with the fluff rather than some Son of Horus scrub...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 01:12 PM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

I like what I'm seeing with Corax. Though I was hoping that they would do more with his whip. Yeah, it would probably be easily breakable but it would have added to the model.
That assault squad though, damn. I want any/every assault squad I do in the future to have those packs and those stances. Best looking assault I've seen, they look like their actually about to rip some poor bastards apart.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 04:08 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
The pricing though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Was never going to go down in price after Perturabo hit 70, i'm surprised it didn't go up actually. I guarantee Magnus and Sanguinius will be in 80 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Great model in my eyes and cheap by FW standards.

Also considering the Fury Assault Squads, which is at 38 - That is relatively cheap as well by FW standards, as the Gol Vorbak Dark Brethren cost 48 for 5 models.
...really?

We really have to say this in every single thread?

Forge World is expensive as all get out. We know. These models aren't out of the ordinary for price.

You're looking at about 30 to 50 for a regular Character Series model, 60-85 for a Primarch, 30-50 for 5 infantry, 50-70 for Rhino chassis, 100+ for Land Raider chassis and flyers. We know this. This is not new. It doesn't have to be repeated every time Forge World release a thing. If the price is hugely out of the ordinary, then I can understand bringing it up, but why state the obvious thing that everyone knows on a regular basis?

In a vain attempt to make me sound vaguely sane and half-reasonable, I'm not digging at the specific people I quoted. I'm just annoyed that I have to go through multiple statements of the bleeding obvious to get to any actual, original discussion.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 04:47 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Maaaan...but those Forgeworld models....they're damn expensive. So very expensive.
I really can't understand why nobody has mentioned how expensive they are.
MidnightSun, don't you think they're expensive models? ;-)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 04:56 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

MidnightSun - Yes, however I for one am surprised that a character as central as HORUS is cheaper than the latest few primarchs who while they are big characters are surely not as epitomal to the story frankly (Perturabo, Corax and to a lesser extent Guilliman) - that isn't FW 'typical prices' (which btw doesn't make it ok) - that is rising prices (look at Angron and Lorgar's prices).
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 05:05 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelvarusThePitFighter View Post
MidnightSun - Yes, however I for one am surprised that a character as central as HORUS is cheaper than the latest few primarchs who while they are big characters are surely not as epitomal to the story frankly (Perturabo, Corax and to a lesser extent Guilliman) - that isn't FW 'typical prices' (which btw doesn't make it ok) - that is rising prices (look at Angron and Lorgar's prices).
Yeah, models should totally be priced in real world money according to their significance to a fictional story. Man, with that economic head on your shoulders you should really gun for a job in business management!

While I hold the belief that anyone who makes an ad hominem attack based on someone's spelling or grammar immediately labels themself as a gigantic douche and an incompetent debater, I really cannot in full conscience allow you to go on believing that 'epitomal' is a real word, or that 'epitome' is a word you can use when describing Horus' role in the plot. One could make an argument that he is the epitome of military strategy, or of over-ambition, but not of the story.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode