FW Primarch Corvus Corax now out! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 05:11 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Yeah, models should totally be priced in real world money according to their significance to a fictional story. Man, with that economic head on your shoulders you should really gun for a job in business management!

While I hold the belief that anyone who makes an ad hominem attack based on someone's spelling or grammar immediately labels themself as a gigantic douche and an incompetent debater, I really cannot in full conscience allow you to go on believing that 'epitomal' is a real word, or that 'epitome' is a word you can use when describing Horus' role in the plot. One could make an argument that he is the epitome of military strategy, or of over-ambition, but not of the story.
Hey. Chillax, I ain't up for a 'debate'. Seriously cba. Just take a breather and listen to the Pina Colada song
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 07:18 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

I actually like them assault marines. With most of the Horus Heresy range I think
"ooo look, more marines but with slightly different armour.", but yeah, I like them.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 07:51 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

If there was an option to switch out his weapons this would actually be a pretty nice mini, a lot nicer than I thought when we got the first look. The pistol just seems way too puny for a primarch. If you could give him the whip, or extend the lightning claw, or hell, even give him the heavy bolter, and he would be top notch.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 09:13 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Considering the Fury Assault Squads, which is at 38 - That is relatively cheap as well by FW standards, as the Gol Vorbak Dark Brethren cost 48 for 5 models.

I quite like them
There is also the fact that the Mor Deythan, another 5 man squad as you may recall, are 50. Makes this extremely cheap, and very appealing. I'm gonna have to get a squad of these before long.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-16, 11:23 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
...really?

We really have to say this in every single thread?

Forge World is expensive as all get out. We know. These models aren't out of the ordinary for price.

You're looking at about 30 to 50 for a regular Character Series model, 60-85 for a Primarch, 30-50 for 5 infantry, 50-70 for Rhino chassis, 100+ for Land Raider chassis and flyers. We know this. This is not new. It doesn't have to be repeated every time Forge World release a thing. If the price is hugely out of the ordinary, then I can understand bringing it up, but why state the obvious thing that everyone knows on a regular basis?

In a vain attempt to make me sound vaguely sane and half-reasonable, I'm not digging at the specific people I quoted. I'm just annoyed that I have to go through multiple statements of the bleeding obvious to get to any actual, original discussion.
Well someone is having a bad day - Considering what I said was actually positive on the matter, I don't see the big problem. I concur with the usual bashing of prices, but when someone finally has something nice to say I think it deserves to be said. Prejudice or not
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 06:36 AM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

It is my completely unbiased opinion that this release rocks.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 08:18 AM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Like these models a lot, covus certainly looks like a great the pose works quite well for a show piece but not to sure of its use in game. The other assault marines look very similar but more akin to game use while still being cool models. Sanguinios will look great if he is anything like this model.

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-16, 11:17 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Snip.
Quote:
Snip.
How about you just chill out eh?
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-16, 02:21 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

The RG releases have been some of the coolest yet. The paint jobs on the models are even better than most of the other stuff. The black makes them look really solid and imposing.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-11-16, 12:33 PM

Rush Darling's Flag is: United Kingdom

I can't be the only one thinking of grabbing that assault squad to represent some of the relics from the RG side of the Kauyon supplement.

Armour of the Shadows - Pretty much any fancy armour would suffice, but as a RG Successor (Raptors) any throwback to my first founding chapter is more than welcome.

Raven Skull of Korvaad - As above, really.

Ravens Fury - I LOVE those jump packs! This is happening!

Swiftstrike and Murder - The claws on that sergeant are begging to fit this profile.

Nothing obvious for the ranged relics, but I can't really expect that from an assault squad.

As for Corax himself, I've been forever labouring under the assumption that they were going to get him terribly, terribly wrong. Fortunately my misapprehension was wrongly placed (yay for the whip!) and as it is I think they've done a good job of capturing my idea of Mr big bird.

As soon as I learn to paint (see: June 2050) I'll be picking one of those up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode