Chaos Space Marines - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-15, 06:48 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Truly disappointing. I think this makes Chaos -- ya know, THE ENEMY -- into the next Dark Eldar. They were one of the first out in 6E, and going to be the last out in 7E.
Yeah, it's not like Dark Eldar were totally unplayable after a wait over three times longer than CSM will have had if the CSM dex comes out next year...

I know what you were getting at, but it's really not fair to compare this to Dark Eldar. CSM aren't in nearly as bad of a place as Dark Eldar, even historically speaking.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-15, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

I was simply choosing what I believe to be the codex that had the longest time between updates.

Granted, I play Thousand Sons, and they really ARE in that sort of unusable place right now, which is why that Brotherhood of Dust looked so amazing.

We all know that GW sells models and new updates to popularity. For instance, Tau didn't need an update (they proved that since Kau'yon was literally the same rules with more stuff), but because it's popular, they added a bunch of new models and kits.

Dark Eldar (no offense) was never a big seller, so it took ages for an update. But Chaos was always the Arch Enemy. The big bad to counter everything else. AoS went straight to 'Chaos vs Sigmarines', so you'd think in 40k they'd have the same mentality.

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-15, 12:47 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Well, at least a release like this is worth the wait. I imagine it will be about as big as that insane Space Marine update we saw last year, that had their website crashing (which I wonder if that's the reason for weekly releases).

Anyway, CAN'T WAIT for this release, makes me want each kit, and considering how much justice they've done Chaos with the AoS releases, this will likely not disappoint.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-15, 12:47 PM

I am surprised it's taken them so long to update Chaos, considering the codex was terrible on release anyway (outside of Heldrakes).

I'm going to have to echo the sentiment that this looks like a wish list. Making an entire army redundant and the ability to pick and choose USR's... farfetched, to say the least.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-15, 04:34 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Making an entire army redundant and the ability to pick and choose USR's... farfetched, to say the least.
If you would have told me a year ago, that Gargantuans was now part of the main game, that one army could pick STR D from half it's roster, another could deepstrike and assault while supressing overwatch on turn 1 and a third had access to non-deniable 4+ FNP across the entire army, I would have called it farfetched too.

Honestly, while it may be a wishlist, it doesn't seem overpowered in the game that is today.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-15, 05:54 PM
alt-f4's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
If you would have told me a year ago, that Gargantuans was now part of the main game, that one army could pick STR D from half it's roster, another could deepstrike and assault while supressing overwatch on turn 1 and a third had access to non-deniable 4+ FNP across the entire army, I would have called it farfetched too.

Honestly, while it may be a wishlist, it doesn't seem overpowered in the game that is today.
+1

Actually, whatever it is a wishlist or not, whatever the rules presented, such update includes everything CSM need to match-up the 7th Edition :

- a new chaos boon table,

- point cost adjustment,

- "fluffy" Legion specific rules,

- formations and detachments.

Nothing about new transport units (like Chaos Drop Pods), but I would be quite happy with what is presented ;)

The Serrated Flame : a First Heretics army

- Primordial Truth is Humanity's only salvation -
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-15, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post

Yeah, you have a point here.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-15, 04:31 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

This would be awesome. Can't let myself get carried away with the idea though... it sounds too good to be true

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-15, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

This actually, sadly, was all a lie. The original person finally admitted that it was all wishlist.

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-08-15, 07:40 PM
experiment 626's Flag is: Canada

As a heads up: If a rumor isn't coming from Sad Panda, Lady Atia, or the old staples of Hastings/Harry, then it's likely complete trash.

Sad Panda, who's been 100% right for over a year now, has said January will see new Fyre Slayers (AoS Dwarfs), and February will see a new Space Wolves codex (because... 'reasons!')

Lady Atia has also said that Wolves are coming early on in the new year.

The only thing that might be on the horizon for Chaos, is the new LoC, which Hastings has hinted at. (but no mention or even hints at another Daemonkin book)

GW is perfectly happy to let Chaos rot, as they clearly have no idea which direction to take the Chaos Marines in, while the model line is so far gone that it needs a Dark Eldar level overhaul. (and that's likely too much of a financial risk in the current climate...)

I'd be willing to bet that we'll see new releases for Wolves (confirmed), BA's, Tyranids and likely even Orks before anything major gets done for Chaos. (and at this point, Daemons are more likely than Marines, as GW can cash-in across both systems!)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode