Tau Stormsurge - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Wow totally missed that. What the fuck GW, Lord of War squads??
and the BRB have NO rules about GC squads, so that will be another disaster. 2" cohesion? 4"? at least it has no squadron bonus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 06:55 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

my local GW has a board with city of death like ruin density. how are squads of those things going to move around in that ? XD
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 12:32 PM

"Alright boys, let's bring out the Stormsurge"

"Ok fellas, single file, single file, watch the munitorum, we want that later for the greater good."

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 03:03 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

lol oh, Tau... because the Riptide isn't nonsense enough. Super cool model though, and I look forward to figuring out what to do about it with my Space Marines.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 06:44 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

And we wolves are just sat here with Santa Wolf in his sleigh thinking

"Damn...maybe the greater good does have som..."

*Blam*
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 08:26 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
my local GW has a board with city of death like ruin density. how are squads of those things going to move around in that ? XD
Good point. I think it's reasonable to assume they are going to be limited in where they can move on the table. In real life you aren't going to drive a massive tank into a village, it's going to have to sit outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
lol oh, Tau... because the Riptide isn't nonsense enough. Super cool model though, and I look forward to figuring out what to do about it with my Space Marines.
Massed grav? Or just chuck bodies at it and keep it tied up. On the other hand it has some kind of souped up overwatch which could make that tricky, but I can't remember what those overwatch guns do

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-15, 09:38 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Good point. I think it's reasonable to assume they are going to be limited in where they can move on the table. In real life you aren't going to drive a massive tank into a village, it's going to have to sit outside

Massed grav? Or just chuck bodies at it and keep it tied up. On the other hand it has some kind of souped up overwatch which could make that tricky, but I can't remember what those overwatch guns do
First up. why wouldnt you drive a massive tank into a village? ;)

Second, i dont think its that simple, since i think people will bubble wrap the shit out of it so it will be bloody hard to get that thing into combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-15, 08:23 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
First up. why wouldnt you drive a massive tank into a village? ;)

Second, i dont think its that simple, since i think people will bubble wrap the shit out of it so it will be bloody hard to get that thing into combat.
I mean a village where the streets are literally too narrow to move the tank along it

And fair point. On the other hand if you only wanted to tarpit those things your shooting targets are going to be the rest of the army anyway, so that bubblewrap is likely to take a battering

I'm in favour of limits on GMCs and superheavy LoWs, and since there are major tournaments already limiting them it wouldn't surprise me to see limits of one on the stormsurge. Not one unit, just one model.

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-15, 10:11 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
I mean a village where the streets are literally too narrow to move the tank along it

And fair point. On the other hand if you only wanted to tarpit those things your shooting targets are going to be the rest of the army anyway, so that bubblewrap is likely to take a battering

I'm in favour of limits on GMCs and superheavy LoWs, and since there are major tournaments already limiting them it wouldn't surprise me to see limits of one on the stormsurge. Not one unit, just one model.
I think the biggest problem with LoW/GMC -though this discussion could most likely be its own thread - is that its like flyiers when they first came out and the Helldrake and 'Cron Air was king. Not everyone has them. I play Sisters, Dark Eldar, and Mechanicum in 40k. Sisters ill remove from the discussion because, well you know. Dark Eldar don't have a LoW, the 1 character that could have been a candidate to be a LoW, instead of giving Vect a brand new model like Santa Claus had for SW, he was just flat out removed. My Ad Mech don't have one short of the War Convication. 'Nids dont have one, while the Marines have LoW are they comparable in what they offer an army/list to these GMC LoW? Yeeah the Imperium have Knights but still, built into their own books they are lacking.

This is why I think 30k is insanely rather balanced, everyone has options to pretty much access to a huge array of LoW, which even then they all have access to the same ones, so it some what balances itself. Yes other choices are better than others, but since everyone has access, good or bad, it balances itself. Yes there are more diferences between 30k and 40k that affect this so its not as simple as just giving everyone access. But it does address the issue of everyone having LoW/Super Heavy/GMC which I think is a really big problem for 40k right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-01-15, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
You're thinking of the KX139, the new FW titan. This is GW's new suit, and as a GC, it has no overwatch available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
I think the biggest problem with LoW/GMC -though this discussion could most likely be its own thread - is that its like flyiers when they first came out and the Helldrake and 'Cron Air was king. Not everyone has them. I play Sisters, Dark Eldar, and Mechanicum in 40k. Sisters ill remove from the discussion because, well you know. Dark Eldar don't have a LoW, the 1 character that could have been a candidate to be a LoW, instead of giving Vect a brand new model like Santa Claus had for SW, he was just flat out removed. My Ad Mech don't have one short of the War Convication. 'Nids dont have one, while the Marines have LoW are they comparable in what they offer an army/list to these GMC LoW? Yeeah the Imperium have Knights but still, built into their own books they are lacking.

This is why I think 30k is insanely rather balanced, everyone has options to pretty much access to a huge array of LoW, which even then they all have access to the same ones, so it some what balances itself. Yes other choices are better than others, but since everyone has access, good or bad, it balances itself. Yes there are more diferences between 30k and 40k that affect this so its not as simple as just giving everyone access. But it does address the issue of everyone having LoW/Super Heavy/GMC which I think is a really big problem for 40k right now.
I have to disagree, not on the fact that there's too much power creep, but on the fact that LoWs are readily available a lot now. Because the Imperium are all Battle Brothers with each other, the Imperial Knights were probably the absolute smartest thing that GW could have done, because ANY army is allowed to take them. You're just limited by what your gaming scene allows for allies. The War Convocation is actually BETTER than most other armies because in allowing the Knight to appear, it also gives him additional bonuses. No other army gets to do that.

You are correct that Dark Eldar don't have a LoW, though does it fit their style to have something that massive? Honestly, I'd have said the same for Tau before these new suits dropped. The only reason Chaos got one was FW (unless you're playing Khorne, then you get the Lawn Mower). is FW also.

As for 30k... of course it's balanced. if you're not Mechanicum or SolarGuard you're playing the same army with different paint jobs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode