So....New 30k Mini-Game from GW? - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-15-15, 04:39 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

I would save the money on torsos since they are obscured by bolters and go with heads and shoulders. Maybe one box of torsos for any guys who aren't obscured but not the whole lot of them. Heads and shoulders are the way to go imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-15-15, 05:07 PM
Rattlehead

I've bought 60 MkIV pauldrons, because applying Legion transfers to 60 suits of power armour is not something I'm willing to do (doing both pauldrons on my Ultramarines was bad enough, and their symbol is probably the easiest to apply since it has a really convenient place to put a relief cut down the middle; Tactical arrows, not so bad, but I'm going to get sculpted shoulderpads for my Marine armies from here on out), and then 30 Terror Squad heads to designate my, well, Terror Squads (Night Lords veteran unit). I also picked up one of the torso sets (5 Terror Squad torsos) for use on my Sergeants (3 Terror Squads, 2 Tactical Squads) since they'll be in more open poses, what with having Chainglaives.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #153 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-15-15, 06:29 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

My policy is that the standard yahoos get some form of legion iconography, be it sculpted shoulder pads, decals or etched brass. Then the power armoured veterans and sergeants get the full works, legion shoulder, torso and head. That just distinguishes them a bit more.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

post #154 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-16-15, 12:08 PM
Beaker's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks again Deus Mortis, MidnightSun & GuiltySparc for your advice
post #155 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-17-15, 06:44 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
My policy is that the standard yahoos get some form of legion iconography, be it sculpted shoulder pads, decals or etched brass. Then the power armoured veterans and sergeants get the full works, legion shoulder, torso and head. That just distinguishes them a bit more.
This.

It keeps having a Legion sort of cheap by not having every marine and his familiar be decked out in upgrade kits. Chapter Shoulder on all my marines for one shoulder. Veterans, Command Squad and Sergeants get the full shebang; heads, shoulders, tor so's, tor so's. Sprinkle the odd head and Torso along the basic rank and file. Keeps it cheap, even in an infanty heavy army at most you would need is two sets of head and Torso upgrades, 1 works just fine and goes far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #156 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-17-15, 01:16 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
This.

It keeps having a Legion sort of cheap by not having every marine and his familiar be decked out in upgrade kits. Chapter Shoulder on all my marines for one shoulder. Veterans, Command Squad and Sergeants get the full shebang; heads, shoulders, tor so's, tor so's. Sprinkle the odd head and Torso along the basic rank and file. Keeps it cheap, even in an infanty heavy army at most you would need is two sets of head and Torso upgrades, 1 works just fine and goes far.
The one shoulder per rank and file dude is a great idea.
post #157 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-18-15, 05:37 PM
Beaker's Flag is: United Kingdom

I got my Betrayal at Calth set in the post yesterday and was trying to figure out what to do with my 3 tactical squads - I had hoped to use at least 1 that could be used as well for 40k.

I am trying to see what extras I would need to get from Forge World I have been doing some background reading on the web to see what the different squads can be equipped with:-

Legion Tactical Squad: 10-20 marines, can't take special or heavy weapons (could have 2 extra models to be used for 40k with special weapons missile launcher & flamer?) Nothing needed from FW

Legion Tactical Support Squad: actual source of special weapons. 5-10 marines, and all of them have flamers that can be swapped for other special weapons, I like the look of FW Rotor Cannons & Auto cannons.

Veteran Tactical Squad: Not as good as their 40k Stern guard equivalents. Up to 10 strong only, organised the same as post heresy Tactical squads with two weapons, Special or Heavy. Use the FW Ultramarines Invictarii Heads Upgrade Set and either the FW Ultramarines Legion MKIV Shoulder Pads or the shoulder pads in the GW Ultramarines Upgrade pack which I already have.
Can veterans be fitted with robes or capes?

Get The Horus Heresy Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List

Legion Recon Squad: Power Armoured Scouts - I was thinking of using my Anvil Industries Black Ops Sniper Recon Team in the mean time.

Can Ultramarines use the following:-
  • Legion Scimitar Pattern Jetbike Squadron,
  • Legion MKIV Outrider Squadron,
  • Leviathan Dreadnought.
Sorry for so many questions I will have to read up more on 30k I don't want to be buying the wrong items before I would get some of the more expensive FW books - thanks in advance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode