So....New 30k Mini-Game from GW? - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 06:28 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I haven't found anything that points to thing being a limited release @Tawa . Least of all on the GW site. Why do you think it will be limited?
I think most assume its going to be limited because thats how GW seem to run there boxed games lately, they release them for varying lengths of time then they go away. So people are naturally assuming that BaC is also limited.

I personaly hope its not limited because its a really nice way to start a force, 1 box puts you in the right direction, 2 gets you well on the way and gives you a usable force and a good points level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 10:24 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
I haven't found anything that points to thing being a limited release @Tawa . Least of all on the GW site. Why do you think it will be limited?
Because I have little trust and even less faith in GW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
I think most assume its going to be limited because thats how GW seem to run there boxed games lately, they release them for varying lengths of time then they go away. So people are naturally assuming that BaC is also limited.
This too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #133 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 03:23 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Well, if it's limited their 'boxed game' category will be pretty lame.

It's pretty lame now actually.

Anyone else checked put gameplay stuff and noticed the similarity between BaC's hit/crit/shield reality and X-Wing's hit/crit/evade setup? I'd be posting stuff up like a madman because there's no lack of content to share, but I'm stuck dans mon phone on vacation and links and such annoy me without my PC.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #134 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 04:27 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
It saddens me to see people (not just here, mind you) wanting to buy this just for resale. I seriously doubt it's going to be discontinued or limited in any way other than GW can only make so many of them at a time and lots of people will want it. Honestly how much money does one think will come from this plan? What will happen if GW figured out how to keep this in stock, not to mention a ton of LGS's offering it for ~20% less anyway or eBay retailers parsing out the contents forcing you to do the same (leaving you with a board game no one seems to care about)?
Well I can only speak from my situation as to why I do it. For me buying and selling 40k stuff is hopefully going to become a full time business. And right now business is good, I have been doing this for several months now and I have either doubled or some months tripled what I make at my regular job. And with 7 people living in my house I need the extra cash.

But back to the topic I have a simple formula if I buy something I have to sell it for double or close to double what I paid. I got through a store my box preordered for $125 US dollars plus a free bag of swag. So I only need to sell the box for $255 US to make up my money. GW is preordering them for $265 US. So already I am cheaper and I make a profit. Now it is close to the holiday's and GW is not going release any till after Christmas. Are people going to go crazy stupid and throw lots of cash to get what they want? OF course they are. Just look at the BB-8 toy from Star Wars. Sells for $80 US dollars people were asking and getting $300 US dollars for one. So I plan on putting mine on Ebay or other sites around December and asking $300 I should get it as people will want it for Christmas.
It is a risk but any business venture is but I paid so low for my box I can go super low if I have to or I can break up the pieces of the box and I'll make my money back. I think this box set is GW testing the waters of 30K this will hopefully lead to armies being formed but I think they want to see if there is a market for 30K. I hope there is but as sad as it is this is business and the goal is to make money. Right now buying and selling 40k miniatures is feeding my family and paying my bills.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #135 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-10-15, 05:59 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

This box set is only $150 US, not $265...
post #136 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 05:53 PM
Beaker's Flag is: United Kingdom

[QUOTE=GrimzagGorwazza;2248458]Just thought I'd share this.
http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/horus-here...ayal-at-calth/
76 inc free shipping to mainland uk.

Thanks GrimzagGorwazza for the link - I have just placed an order for the Betrayal At Calth box and a few other items a great saving. I did not know about this shop before.

There is also free postage on orders over 50 to N. Ireland.
post #137 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

@morfangdakka , the box is $180 CAD potentially going up to $220 CAD after preorders based on this picture:

Maybe I grew up with a bit too much punk rock but I simply can't get behind that level of (attempted) profiteering. I feel for you on having to support family since I am in a similar situation looking for ways to make extra cash, but damn. You're just straight planning on ripping some poor sap off.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #138 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 08:49 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
This box set is only $150 US, not $265...
Well I feel foolish I didn't realize my computer had my on the Australian GW website not the US one. Well I'll still take the gamble that I will make my money on it.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.
post #139 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-11-15, 08:52 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfangdakka View Post
Well I feel foolish I didn't realize my computer had my on the Australian GW website not the US one. Well I'll still take the gamble that I will make my money on it.
I honestly don't understand how our southern hemi bros play this game...the Australian prices are off the chain.

With that said, if you can get it for $135 from your FLGS thats still a great deal...especially if the weird white dwarf leak is correct about the price going up to $185ish in the future.
post #140 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-12-15, 02:32 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
I honestly don't understand how our southern hemi bros play this game...the Australian prices are off the chain.

With that said, if you can get it for $135 from your FLGS thats still a great deal...especially if the weird white dwarf leak is correct about the price going up to $185ish in the future.
I'm hoping they don't do something that assinine, but then again GW.

So, I caved and ordered my copy for this. I'm undecided as to whether I'm keeping it or sell it around Christmas for some extra present money. If I do keep it then I'm making the whole set into one Legion, just have to decide which Legion.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode