So....New 30k Mini-Game from GW? - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 08:11 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

If it's not a (permanently) limited run - and if I manage to find my Chaos Mojo again - I'll definitely get one to boost the strength of my Apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-07-15, 08:19 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Was interested to note that the header of the email announcing this was "New plastic Space Marines!", not "New HH boxed game!"

I did have a look at the contents in GW today, and I have to say I was seriously impressed with everything in it, including the contemptor. Just don't think I'll ever be impressed enough with anything from GW to throw €125 at it though.
post #123 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 08:49 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

I didn't preorder a copy in the end. I realised I would just be buying it just because its the new thing. My Iron Hands are made up of MkIII and MKII, MKIV just doesnt fit to me since its a little too different, I've thought about using the plastics as support squads but im not sure. I don't use Termies - though those plastic ones are gorgeous -, got enough Contemptors which im going to magnetise, and the HQ options I dont care for.

Ill pick up the box set in a few weeks, but ill just store it for about 6 months. Then maybe resell it. The point of this set is to give people a reasonable price point to get into 30k pure and simple, the 'game' is nothing more than window dressing. You can't argue with £95 for something which costs £141 for the models from FW and thats without the weapons you would have to buy to acompany the resin easily taking it to over £150, if you already have the basis of a Legion its largely useless, but for new starters its great. Plus you dont need to buy the FW bundles, just pick up the game and shoulder pads, dont need heads or torsos, keeps it simple and rather cheap. and use the rest to bulk up your FW order with a few more models and qualify for the free express shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #124 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

It saddens me to see people (not just here, mind you) wanting to buy this just for resale. I seriously doubt it's going to be discontinued or limited in any way other than GW can only make so many of them at a time and lots of people will want it. Honestly how much money does one think will come from this plan? What will happen if GW figured out how to keep this in stock, not to mention a ton of LGS's offering it for ~20% less anyway or eBay retailers parsing out the contents forcing you to do the same (leaving you with a board game no one seems to care about)?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #125 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 06:18 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
It saddens me to see people (not just here, mind you) wanting to buy this just for resale. I seriously doubt it's going to be discontinued or limited in any way other than GW can only make so many of them at a time and lots of people will want it. Honestly how much money does one think will come from this plan? What will happen if GW figured out how to keep this in stock, not to mention a ton of LGS's offering it for ~20% less anyway or eBay retailers parsing out the contents forcing you to do the same (leaving you with a board game no one seems to care about)?
just means there is a lot of asses going to be stuck with a bunch of products and will be forced to sell it at a loss
post #126 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 07:46 PM
Rattlehead

Got two of them on pre-order, and with Curze that's exactly how much I got for my early Christmas bonus. Should get it built and hopefully undercoated by next payday, when I can pick up the two relevant 30k rulebooks and Sevatar.

Hyped for playing some 30k.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 11-08-15 at 07:50 PM.
post #127 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-08-15, 08:08 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I just think it varies, personally I think the box is stupidly good value to get started into the Heresy, hell my local GW has been opposed to FW, especially Heresy armies - which screws me over since aside from my Sisters, 30k is all I have - but are using the game to kick off Heresy with the hope of starting a campaign early next year. But between my IHs and Mechanicum I have two armies already which im slowly adding to each time I book a week off work. The only other army I fancy is Thousand Sons, so when I pick up the HH box I hope to someday use the plastic towards that -minus the Contemptor-, but there is only so long I fancy waiting. I will be buying it at somepoint with the full intention of starting Thousand Sons, but depending how long FW take to getting around to Prospero, I'd rather sell it so it goes to someone who will use it.

And while yes it is sad, you can't deny the value of that box, and it is common for GW to make limited boxes, now with the hype of 30k and the barrier of resin prices, if and when the box goes away the value of the boxes will jump. Yes it's sad some people are buying simply to resell, but the whole concept isn't unique to GW, happens in anything that has the potential to be a limited run. The weird thing is though that it's not really limited, since the resin will still be there. Still people will do what they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #128 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 12:02 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

"Limited".
Probably the same way Space Hulk was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #129 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 04:48 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Just thought I'd share this.
http://www.snmstuff.co.uk/horus-here...ayal-at-calth/
£76 inc free shipping to mainland uk.
I spoke to the shop owner and he said that according to the Rep there isn't any intention to run this as a limited release and that he is still able to order additional copies on top of their main orders.

Last edited by GrimzagGorwazza; 11-09-15 at 06:31 PM.
post #130 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-09-15, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I haven't found anything that points to thing being a limited release @Tawa . Least of all on the GW site. Why do you think it will be limited?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode