So....New 30k Mini-Game from GW? - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-29-15, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Woo 30 marines! This, by itself, is at least a 1k game-legal army. Loving all the models, and it looks like everything has some decent weapons options to boot! I deem this release quite functional at this juncture....nice to see that there's transfers enough to make the entire kit one way or the other for UM/WB.

I've been questing for more pictures to share with you, Heresy. This is what I have found:

Quote:
From the pictures of the power armor sprues it looks like each squad of ten will get the following upgrades (not to mention tons of extra pack, and 15 different head options)

Melta
Flamer (mk1)
Plasma Gun
Power Fist
Lightning Claw
Heavy Bolter (nemesis style)
Missile Launcher (mk1)

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 12:26 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

This looks REALLY cool, I am pretty intreagued now.
post #93 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I'm going to have to be won over by the game aspect of this box, but I'm so friggin' stoked for this to be a thing that I'd still love to buy it as a 30k starter set (Alpha Legion here I come!!) BUT these are detailed and gloriously packed sprues. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more than just this boxed game from GW in the 30k line: other major battles expanding on this game's rules as expansions and individual boxed kits to expand your collections as said expansions are released. GW might be late to the money party FW is having, but hey. Better late than never, right??

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 10-30-15 at 01:01 AM.

post #94 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 09:54 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more than just this boxed game from GW in the 30k line: other major battles expanding on this game's rules as expansions and individual boxed kits to expand your collections as said expansions are released.
This would be great, especially if they contained different mks of armour. Something like all the troops in mk 3 armour, a squad of jet bikes and that other mk of termie armour. If you had a box of each you'd have a huge and nicely varied force for a comparatively small outlay.
post #95 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 11:49 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

This is an excellent box set mini wise, split the cost and the minis with a mate if you just want to add to your force, personally I'm gonna sit it out, I'd be all over it like a tramp eating chips if it was mk6!

post #96 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 12:08 PM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

Those cataphracti might just have pulled me over the line... Not the biggest fan of MK IV but the amount of gubbins on these sprues is briliant! Now to decide which legion....
post #97 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 12:37 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcap View Post
Those cataphracti might just have pulled me over the line... Not the biggest fan of MK IV but the amount of gubbins on these sprues is briliant! Now to decide which legion....
Thats the hardest part by far! All of the legions have such cool and interesting rules that its hard to figure out which to play. Also, there is so much good fluff from the books that its hard to make a decision based on that too.

I play a CSM/KDK 40k army, so i kind of want to run a loyalist army in 30k...something like Imperial Fists or a loyalist band of Sons of Horus in their Luna Wolves colors...but i love the death guard colors, models, and rules. I love the Iron Warriors, World Eaters, and 1k Sons from a fluff standpoint. SO HARD TO DECIDE

The only thing holding me back right now is the mark of armor in the box. Mk IV doesn't scream heresy era to me. If these had been Mk III I would have been in 100%.

Last edited by GuiltySparc; 10-30-15 at 12:42 PM.
post #98 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 12:49 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

if I buy it I will probably paint it all in Imperial fist colours XD
post #99 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 01:29 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
This is an excellent box set mini wise, split the cost and the minis with a mate if you just want to add to your force, personally I'm gonna sit it out, I'd be all over it like a tramp eating chips if it was mk6!
You are so eliquaint with your phrases
I am in agreement with you but looking at the marines to be almost multi-part, I can see me investing in the RG upgrade sprues from FW to add to these giving me the 30K beakies

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "
post #100 of 157 (permalink) Old 10-30-15, 01:49 PM
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Ya, grabbing this box and even just the legion shoulder pads from FW would make the minis pop much more. Spend a little more for the FW legion heads and off you go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode