New Release: Exalted Deathbringer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-15, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default New Release: Exalted Deathbringer

The Khornate geared releases continue this weekend with the unveiling of the newest Khorne Lord, the Exalted Deathbringer;

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/...d-Deathbringer

This is my favourite Chaos release for a long time, the Daemonic Warrior idea is a brilliant one and I love the details on this figure. And that axe is awesome, it's just begging to be used on a Daemon Prince model. Hell this figure could be a Daemon Prince, it has the look already.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-15, 12:32 AM

Disputes being 17, I'm definitely gunna get this guy. He's just exactly what I've wanted from a chaos champ for a while. He has that semi beatial look like the games day sorcerer, and has just the right level of detail.
And he'll look just oh so awesome with the new travers with great weapons.
Nice to see the new AoS releases being covered again too (Y)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-15, 01:31 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

I love all the love that marauders are getting. Boxes of 20, and now an HQ type choice that is heavily blessed by the Chaos Gods? Hell yeah! Plus, that axe is amazing.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-15, 09:37 PM

Overall a great model, with only a couple of gripes. Not sure on the talon gauntlet, and not overly keen on his 'derp smile' expression. Not fierce or scary - derpy. The Plastic Daemon Prince head with the horns in a similar position has the same problem. Just take the face from the Metal/Resin CSM Daemon prince & rinse and repeat that one.

Also, I know Chaos fantasy models have always been kind of boxey, but his physic isn't overly dissimilar to that of the 40k Orks - chunky legs and a barrel torso. This is entirely personal preference, but I preferred the leaner, canine look that the Bloodletters have had in their last two model styles. This guy looks like they are taking Khorne models back to the bull-like style they have prior to this. Not a fan.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-15, 09:52 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Overall a great model, with only a couple of gripes. Not sure on the talon gauntlet, and not overly keen on his 'derp smile' expression. Not fierce or scary - derpy. The Plastic Daemon Prince head with the horns in a similar position has the same problem. Just take the face from the Metal/Resin CSM Daemon prince & rinse and repeat that one.

Also, I know Chaos fantasy models have always been kind of boxey, but his physic isn't overly dissimilar to that of the 40k Orks - chunky legs and a barrel torso. This is entirely personal preference, but I preferred the leaner, canine look that the Bloodletters have had in their last two model styles. This guy looks like they are taking Khorne models back to the bull-like style they have prior to this. Not a fan.
I wish this model came with a helmeted option. I am not the biggest fan of my models conveying any sort of emotion, I always prefer the personality-less look of a helmet, ala the Warriors of Chaos model or even the Blightkings. To me, that look conveys a serious, grim, or just pallid blank tone that makes you think, "Well fuck, there's going to be no reasoning with a dude whos helmit just has a single hole for him to see through". the same way the enemy's feel in the Dark Souls series.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-15, 08:03 PM

I appreciate that not everyone is happy/confident converting models, but a head swap is the easiest conversion to do. Just pick on of the nice helmets from the skull reapers or reavers or skull crushers etc, and cut the neck and back off head being used flat and glue.
If that's not possible then pin and blob a little green stuff between ans presto.

Having studied the model more the things I really dislike about it is something occurring in lots of models ATM. The dangly skulls on his axe.
Too fiddly and breakable, and they'd be a nuisance when swinging that axe about.
And secondly the fact that it'd be an awkward axe to wield with that punch dagger/fist.

Still love the model thoug!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-17-15, 11:31 PM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Yeah I really like this model because it could count as a herald of Khorne or a Chaos Lord of Khorne, as is beastial appearance makes it appropriate for both.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-15, 02:24 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charandris View Post
...Having studied the model more the things I really dislike about it is something occurring in lots of models ATM. The dangly skulls on his axe...

...And secondly the fact that it'd be an awkward axe to wield with that punch dagger/fist.
Yeah, this model is entirely predicated on the rule-of-cool. It looks cool but makes little sense.

He has no shirt, chest armour, or helmet, but does have pants and knee armour. Doesn't make much sense.

He has a ginormous axe but based on the claw weapon's he handle could never hold the axe. Again, silly.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-15, 03:58 PM

For the sake of the model actually making some sense, I might swap the hand for one holding a head or other trophy, and ditch the punch dagger. And then say he has gouging horns to give the punch daggers effects.
That or swap his hand to one of the ones from the blood warriors and maybe give him a smaller axe.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-18-15, 06:54 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

I guess the way he is holding the Skullgouger will make it easy to convert it into a Runemarked Shield. Depending if you want to be offensive or defensive.

Although, GW failed to put the option on the sprue.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode