Fantasy Items still available from GW Brick and mortar - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-15, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Fantasy Items still available from GW Brick and mortar

Credit to @MidnightSun for first telling me about this, but managed to confirm it today when I picked up some movement trays and spoke to my local manager. Stores are not allowed to have Fantasy items on the shelves to advertise as obviously the rule system is dead, but until the 1st September stores are allowed to sell the rest of any fantasy stock they have.

This explains why stores weren't told to return stock to head office as they normally do when items are pulled, but instead just told to take them off the shelf and keep them in store. Talking to my local manager it was basically that GW were aware that naturally people would not want to give up fantasy so would want to give them a chance to get any remaining stuff they may want. Though uptake on models sales of the age of sigmar/ fantasy system have been through the roof since it was first announced.

So if you have any fantasy books you wanted to get but never got chance you have until the 1st September to get them before they are gone for good! (Unless the store is already out of stock of them)

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-15, 09:23 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

They're keeping them out of sight? Odd. My local GW shop has a "clearance" type stand with all the books, etc. displayed.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-15, 11:21 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
They're keeping them out of sight? Odd. My local GW shop has a "clearance" type stand with all the books, etc. displayed.
Yeah but thats the states, i have heard of some GW stores in the states are still allowing people to play 8th in store and are really not towing the company line with regards to AOS.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-15, 11:36 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Yeah but thats the states, i have heard of some GW stores in the states are still allowing people to play 8th in store and are really not towing the company line with regards to AOS.
Oh weird, mine has AoS on display, but he isn't the typical owner either. He's a pretty good guy, greets customers with a handshake, etc. Doesn't seem to be the typical GW pedigree.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-15, 02:10 AM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Wait a minute... no more fantasy ever???

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-15, 06:58 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

so: wait we need to worry about them no longer making fantasy models like Glade guard kits or High elf spear men (for example)

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-05-15, 09:29 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
Wait a minute... no more fantasy ever???
Do try and keep up, Garviel, this isn't news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
so: wait we need to worry about them no longer making fantasy models like Glade guard kits or High elf spear men (for example)
They're keeping the models, although I imagine they'll shift some aesthetics a little for the re-branded races once the kits get updated - what we're on about is the 8th ed rulebook, army books etc.

Anything Fantasy related that isn't a model will still be available by specific request until September 1st. Models will be available until they are updated, as before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I was quite surprised that Warhammer World in Nottingham was 50% Fantasy players when I went on Saturday and no GW people seemed to be bothered about it. I mean, they weren't going around checking, but it was still quite noticeable.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-15, 04:00 AM

My LGS is selling the books at $15 a piece. Last night, I picked up a much needed 8th Ed. BRB and all 5 End Times books for $90.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-15, 06:02 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Was in GW Dublin today, and all their fantasy stuff is still on the shelves beside the AoS stuff.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-15, 07:34 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Was in GW Dublin today, and all their fantasy stuff is still on the shelves beside the AoS stuff.
Fucking rebel provincials.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode