Plastic Heresy! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 05:00 AM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
It's the same basic game, but there are FW Heresy supplement books with rules for using Heresy era SM lists, when they were legions of tens of thousands instead of just a thousand man chapter in the 40k universe. This means that you can pick units you wouldn't normally see on a 40k table like 20 man tactical squads, destroyers, breacher squads, and suppor squads fielding nothing but flamers or plasma guns, SM super heavy tanks, and, indeed, even primarchs. Each legion has their own special rules to better portray their nature and fighting styles.

I'm sorry, FW?

Also, this sounds like the greatest thing ever. haha. Maybe I can finally get my warband together, with my perfect Death Squad!

Thank you for the illumination, brother.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 05:34 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 09:32 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
This is a super dumb question, but I have spoken with some other people on another forum, and they relate 30k to Horus Heresy models....

Is this true? Is 30k a whole different game? Or same models with different rules? I did notice some models that differed from normal Space Marines.
It's basically a supplement game to 40k. But it's set during the Heresy back when the chapters were actually legions. The Primarchs exist and are playable, most of the legions have unique units with models to accompany them, some even have unique Characters too. The armies can be huge, with full squads of heavy weapons, various heavy tanks, pure drop pods etc. It's meant to be back when the Legions were at their mightiest and the options and stuff to represent that. The Legions have rules to represent there combat style. The Marines don't have ATSNKF either so fear actually matters.

It uses the 40k rule book for the core rules, so the game itself is no different, most of the weapons are the same to 40k just that you can take a lot more of the stuff like Plasma etc, with a few weapons unique to 30k. Though if you go on to FW site, it can seem a bit daunting having to buy 4 £70 books to play but that's not true anymore since if you buy the 'Red Books' you can start up rather cheap. The red books are pretty much codicies but with just the units. So buy that and your all set to making a Legion. But it's not just Legions that are armies in 30k, Mechanicus are an army choice, along with the 30k version of Imperial Guard too.

Some people even argue that it's more balanced than 40k - though some naturally disagree. My opinion is that 30k is totally worth it if you're interested in getting started. I think a few players here actually play 30k too. I've got a 30k Mechanicum army and 30k Iron Hands army also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
It's basically a supplement game to 40k. But it's set during the Heresy back when the chapters were actually legions. The Primarchs exist and are playable, most of the legions have unique units with models to accompany them, some even have unique Characters too. The armies can be huge, with full squads of heavy weapons, various heavy tanks, pure drop pods etc. It's meant to be back when the Legions were at their mightiest and the options and stuff to represent that. The Legions have rules to represent there combat style. The Marines don't have ATSNKF either so fear actually matters.

It uses the 40k rule book for the core rules, so the game itself is no different, most of the weapons are the same to 40k just that you can take a lot more of the stuff like Plasma etc, with a few weapons unique to 30k. Though if you go on to FW site, it can seem a bit daunting having to buy 4 £70 books to play but that's not true anymore since if you buy the 'Red Books' you can start up rather cheap. The red books are pretty much codicies but with just the units. So buy that and your all set to making a Legion. But it's not just Legions that are armies in 30k, Mechanicus are an army choice, along with the 30k version of Imperial Guard too.

Some people even argue that it's more balanced than 40k - though some naturally disagree. My opinion is that 30k is totally worth it if you're interested in getting started. I think a few players here actually play 30k too. I've got a 30k Mechanicum army and 30k Iron Hands army also.
There's no CSM in 30k, is there?

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 05:12 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
There's no CSM in 30k, is there?
they are just less chaosy, /earlystagesofcorruption
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Chaos is not a 'thing' really. Although you will start seeing (especially in the Word Bearers) a lot of chaos mutations and things, but they're not called CSM yet. Instead, you'll see the rules basically stating that you're either playing Loyalist or Traitor.

And yes, you could technically run Loyalist Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus, things like that. Remember that battle DID happen in the books.

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-28-15, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Chaos is not a 'thing' really. Although you will start seeing (especially in the Word Bearers) a lot of chaos mutations and things, but they're not called CSM yet. Instead, you'll see the rules basically stating that you're either playing Loyalist or Traitor.

And yes, you could technically run Loyalist Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus, things like that. Remember that battle DID happen in the books.

Oh trust me, I would never forget that! Haha.

Thanks for the help, mates!

I would love a Luna wolves battle vs Emperor's Children!

Loken vs LUCIUS!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode