Invictarus Suzerains and Zardu Layak - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

Default Invictarus Suzerains and Zardu Layak

I didn't see that anyone had posted these yet - I know we've seen the pictures of them at an event, but they're now up on the FW website.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuf...AIN_SQUAD.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ZARDU_LAYAK.html

The Invictarii look really cool and I would love some to use as Honour Guard, but £60 for 5 dudes? Even for Forge World I think that's too much to ask.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 12:10 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

normally i would praise FW for such stunning models,and those ultramarines are really nice, but £60 for five marine sized minis ??? when you can buy 5 terminator sized minis from the heresy range for £14 less? or five marines with jump packs from the heresy series for £23 less?

Ultramarines are arguably one of the most popular chapters, FW could easily pick up some cross over sales for 40k with this release for people wanting some honour guard, but have priced this set in the serious collectors range only.

ultimately you have as much cash to spend on luxury items like this as life allows you to have, how you spend it and how you justify it is up to you, but what really narks me about GW and FW is the shear inconsistency of pricing similar products.

I simply cant figure out how they come up with prices for products, i looked at the Warlord titan, its an expensive bit of kit, but considering its size, level of detail, number of components, materials, time it took to design and how absolutely awesome of a model it is i would say the prices is fair. I say its expensive because at my level of income i couldnt purchase it without some serious consideration.

£60 for models isnt expensive relatively speaking, but because i can get arguably the same number of models, from the same range, made by the same sculptors,in the same material for getting on to half the cost, i start to feel like im been taken for a ride because i like ultramarines.

now i know nobody is forcing me to buy them(and im not) but by the same token they are also not tempting me either,not because i cant afford them, but because they have been priced at a premium with comparable minis without any justification.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 01:48 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm with Bits on this one. £60 for five marines, as nice looking as they are, is beyond ludicrous. It's outright extortion and I would never even consider paying that, not even if I had money to burn.

Zardu Layek is a gorgeous figure, but it's those Blade Slaves that are the best in my book. They look deformed, grotesque and just plain wrong; exactly how I always pictured truly Chaos-deformed Space Marines. They have an almost Lovecraftian degredation to them.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 07-24-15 at 01:50 PM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 02:15 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Love the Smurfs, especially the detail on the shields like the extended bolter mags, and the chaos character is one of the best yet. Not too bothered about the possessed marines though.

However, as said, the price for the smurfs is fucking stupid. If I wanted them badly enough I'd wait until they became available elsewhere.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 03:01 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Recasters are going to make more money on these kits than FW is.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 04:30 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
...what really narks me about GW and FW is the shear inconsistency of pricing similar products.

I simply cant figure out how they come up with prices for products...
Bits, I agree this is a problem across the board. I compare the GW plastic space marine captain (£18) and say the Khorne berzerker box (£23 or £1.92 per model) and shake my head. These guys are £15 each.

I'm sure this isn't haphazard. I would bet the GW has some business analyst(s) or actuary(ies) running the numbers based on how many of these units their customer base can be expected to buy.

I believe the captain is stupidly expensive because they expect fewer people to balk requiring only 1 per army. They have priced it based on what they think market demand will bare.

I'm also curious what customer looks at these and says,"I must have those!" and immediately shells out the cash without much heed to the price.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 06:05 PM

Ravion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Oh so true ....perhaps FW and GW should take a lesson from the recasters when it comes to selling models.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 08:46 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

£60 for basically Stormcast Eternal Liberators with a backpack, a bolter stuck on the back of the shield and an axe instead of a hammer.

(Look at me sayin' Marines look like Stormcast instead of the other way around. )
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-15, 08:56 PM

I do like the ultramarine dudes - particularly the head, but the bolter-shield is just stupid.

Chaos models are nothing special. Surprised they got past concept drawings.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-15, 01:57 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
you make a very good point, i cant condone using re-casters, i think its downright foolish and seriously risky , but its stuff like this that encourages people to look away from the official source, plus its like the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, GW have just gone to great lengths to attract people into fantasy by taking the unprecedented step of offering free rules and army lists etc and then in the same breath some mug at forgeworld decided to slap a £60 price tag on these minis, if this price is the direction future marine releases will take for heresy, then i doubt it will reach its conclusion.Which would be a serious shame

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode