Warhammer: Total War - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-15, 08:25 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
Absence of High Elves at launch is a shame but it makes sense based on what I've read about the Campaign.
And then there is also that fact that there will be two stand alone expansions after this. There is no way that the High Elves won't be included in one of them.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-15, 08:31 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-15, 09:17 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
My thoughts as I watch this video;

-The Empire looks fantastic. The state troopers, the Carroburg Greatswords, Karl Franz and Deathclaw especially.

-The Orks look... HOLY SH*T HOW MANY OF THOSE THINGS ARE THERE!? This felt like a real depiction of a Green Tide.

-Goblin death flyers look hilariously fun.

-The Empire's guns were freaking awesome, those Wolf Riders were shredded. The Boar Boyz did a better job of getting stuck in.

-The Reiksguard and Rifle Knights were awesome. Shame that Goblin shaman pwned them with that gorgeous magic spell.

-DEMIGRYPH KNIGHTS!!! Those Boar Boyz were doomed the moment they hit the lines.

-The epic clash of the battlelines was absolutely EPIC! Orcs leaping into battle, the Empire lines just barely holding, and when those Trolls hit that line and smashed through it like kindling...

-Deathclaw vs Wyvern. Glorious, and when the dragon died and smashed to the ground...

-And then the other Wyvern smashes into the gunner lines and starts tearing them apart, the monstrous creatures in this game are fantastic looking.

-Heroes enter the field; love that Witch Hunters are useable. Warriors Priests are also very nice,

-The Luminark looks brilliant. One shot = Dead Giant.

-The Foot of Gork looked brilliant, and illustrates the folly of keeping all your heavy units close to each other.

-ARACHNAROK!! That thing ripped through the state troopers.

-Giants look pretty impressive, liking the sense of them as line breakers.

-Asteroid hails... This game is going to be incredible.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-31-15, 10:19 PM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

I wonder if there going to limit how many big toys you can have, or if magic is the balance against creating Panzer divisions or army's of nothing but giants or trolls.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-15, 09:57 AM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

I'd say you could, technically, but the price of trying to make that kind of army would cost ridiculous amounts of in game currency and would be very difficult to try and retrain.
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-15, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yup.

As for online, the battles are fairly similar to warhammer as it is already, with a set number of points available.

In the campaign, it is balanced by needing to research the relevant high tier buildings (~50ish for each top tier), money (not just the initial cost, but upkeep as well, roughly 1/5th of that units cost each phase) and resources (the high tier buildings require things like access to glass, silk, iron, olive oil etc. This maybe taken further with such super units, to being settlement specific).

There may or may not be a limit, Wyverns as we can see have 2 available, but if this is a Warlord/General, that might mean it is for 3 different armies allied. I think it has been said by CA that you can (if you wish) build an army of 20 steam tanks by the time of black fire pass (bearing in mind that in this game, time doesn't pass in the sense we are used to).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-15, 06:52 PM

Ye that's another thing, I wonder what the generals will be like. After all Grimgor was supposedly on fight during that battle while their was just another warboss on the wyvan (flying thing). I would have thought your top generals would be on your super beasts while the other no names generals ride horseback ( or the equivalent) or walk on foot.
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-08-15, 08:06 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

They're being true to the source material. Grimgor has always fought on foot on the tabletop so that's how he is in the game. He's still probably tougher then a regular warboss with a wyvern.

There are lots of examples of armies 'top' generals in WHFB not being on their races biggest mounts. Prince Tyrion, Vlad and Mannfred Von Carstein (pre rise of Nagash), Archaon, I'm sure there are more but I'm not familiar enough with a lot of the armies to name their characters off the top of my head.
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-09-15, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Irish Commissar View Post
Ye that's another thing, I wonder what the generals will be like. After all Grimgor was supposedly on fight during that battle while their was just another warboss on the wyvan (flying thing). I would have thought your top generals would be on your super beasts while the other no names generals ride horseback ( or the equivalent) or walk on foot.
Ye, as said above, Grimgor is a Black Orc and fights on foot with the few Immortulz who survived. By the size of the unit, and that they have area of effect attacks, it seems like that they are basically Trolls, trading the downsides of large model size in exchange for not having vomit attacks (or fear aura in the games).

From the damage done by the knockbacks, they obliterated the Empire line like the trolls did, whereas the orc boyz were 'average'.

In regards to Mannfred, he is shown in the reveal trailer to be riding a Zombie Dragon, which is novel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-10-15, 12:51 PM

That's is true, I suppose not everyone rides mounts. Another question, do you think the main characters can be insta-killed by big weapons or will they just get knocked back and suffer some damage. Like if you shot a cannon at them, just like in normal fantasy?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode