Warhammer: Total War - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 03:47 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fucking awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
This looks fucking awesome. But from his opening monologue, does it not make everyone miss what is now the fantasy of old even more? Fuck me the Empire, Khemri, Sylvania etc were fucking awesome. All fucking gone now.
I do miss what has gone, but that doesn't mean the new Fantasy can't be just as good. It hasn't even been out for a month, we have to give it time for the lore to develop. Even Warhammer Fantasy had to start somewhere and grow before it became awesome, and I believe that Age of Sigmar will do the same.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 06:32 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
This looks fucking awesome. But from his opening monologue, does it not make everyone miss what is now the fantasy of old even more? Fuck me the Empire, Khemri, Sylvania etc were fucking awesome. All fucking gone now.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Fucking awesome!

I do miss what has gone, but that doesn't mean the new Fantasy can't be just as good. It hasn't even been out for a month, we have to give it time for the lore to develop. Even Warhammer Fantasy had to start somewhere and grow before it became awesome, and I believe that Age of Sigmar will do the same.

LotN
From a player, the "game" is horseshit. Glade Riders are stupid broken. Move 14+D6 and shoot 20 with 2 wounds. It needs some serious work, and truthfully, I'm that fucked off by it that I'm not willing to help it along more than point out where it's shit. (Mainly because short of "ooh, free rules", I've yet to find good bits).

The Lore sounds like absolute crap from what you've written so far. I've downloaded the Assault on Mandrake Bastion and the other Sigmarine book produced so far, but I'm not expecting much. Maybe that's my fault, but they've thrown away 25 years of developed fluff for some shite about a god finds dragon, and hits stuff until it makes sense.

I mean, I'm seriously putting the image of John C Reilly and Will Ferrell walking into GW office on the lookout for a new job in a remake of Step Brothers 2 before being hired to work on Warhammer Fantasy.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 07-19-15 at 07:21 PM.

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 08:05 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
From a player, the "game" is horseshit. Glade Riders are stupid broken. Move 14+D6 and shoot 20 with 2 wounds. It needs some serious work, and truthfully, I'm that fucked off by it that I'm not willing to help it along more than point out where it's shit. (Mainly because short of "ooh, free rules", I've yet to find good bits).
Oh dear, one unit doesn't work a week into the game from it's release. Give it time Vaz. Oh and I have played the game as well and found it well put together. Is it perfect? No. But again, it has existed in playable form for a week or so, so I have no expectations that it would be perfect. Warhammer Fantasy wasn't perfect and 40k isn't perfect, no game is.

Quote:
The Lore sounds like absolute crap from what you've written so far. I've downloaded the Assault on Mandrake Bastion and the other Sigmarine book produced so far, but I'm not expecting much. Maybe that's my fault, but they've thrown away 25 years of developed fluff for some shite about a god finds dragon, and hits stuff until it makes sense.
Well that's your opinion. And they haven't thrown it away, Warhammer Fantasy is still there. If anything now it's preserved so that nobody will alter it anymore. And like the game, the lore has existed for a week. Was Warhammer Fantasy undiluted awesome in it's very first week of existence?? I doubt it. You have to give it time to grow, for the characters to establish themselves and for the world building to encompass more than just the beginning and bare bones of the Stormcast Eternals.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It has existed in a playable form a lot longer than that, you'd like to think, considering the design process existed in a more concise and accurate fashion than throwing things at a dart board and seeing if it sounded right. The fact that a unit as obvious as fast moving long ranged skirmishers playing to their favoured tactic are able to do that to any other unit (bearing in mind that the fastest movement is 16" shy of that IIRC); and then fire off a ton of arrows, which balance the ability to wound creatures Dragons on a 4+; using Imrik with his massive 14 wounds and a 4+ Save... eh, I'm not even really trying here to break the game. I'm literally using units straight out of the box.

The Fluff has already been altered. Several times over, retconned and ignored as and when necessary. The Storm of Chaos famously, but even the weird bubble timewarp thing that came with the Tamurkhan storyline was self contained. I thought that finally, the GW hobby might have taken the effort to make some permanent changes with the Forgeworld being a little bit out of the way. Bring Tamurkhan into the start of the SoC, but in the end they just said and it was all a dream".

But look at the characters and fluff created and thrown away. We've had Feytor the Tainted for the Storm of Chaos, a Nurgle Chaos Lord on Daemonic Steed, followed by several Nurgle Daemons like Ku'Gath, or Epidemius, and then we get a new Nurgle Plastic Lord, followed by not-a-greater-daemon-Greater-Daemon-like character, with characters who are just born to die literally weeks later after their creation.

Throwing it away is exactly what they've done by treading it into the dirt, and smothering it. They have attempted to build a world with one fell swoop. Explain too much, and just leave nothing, with World of Warcraft sounding names. Maybe that has something that comes from me having grown up with Fantasy and names like Malekith don't sound as bad as "Malerion", while things like "Aelf" and "Orruk" are fucking poor attempts at calling a rabbit a smeerp (caution, TVTropes link).

This comes across as a way of marketing something which can be IP protected; but to protect the IP suggests that the IP needs protecting from people.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Well slap my face and call me Berty
Berty.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 11:17 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
smeerp (caution, TVTropes link).
Sigh.......there goes the rest of my day. Fuck you.

I'm still with you and others on Age of Sigmar. There's advancing the storyline and then there's wiping it out entirely and starting virtually from scratch.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 12:07 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Sigh.......there goes the rest of my day. Fuck you.

I'm still with you and others on Age of Sigmar. There's advancing the storyline and then there's wiping it out entirely and starting virtually from scratch.
Had to happen, people need to get over it and move on, its not our storyline or product, we dont get a say, we have to either accept it or walk away, GWs prime motivation has been and will always be, making money, GWs business model is to pull in new players and sell them a load of stuff in the short term, Fantasy wasnt new player friendly and was sliding quickly, GW have been rehashing warhammer fantasy for 30 plus years, just look at some units, they have like 5 versions, but essentially they are the same unit they were from years ago, albeit in plastic with mutliple options in the box, but the whole system was going nowhere,it was limping along and not justifying the shelf space in stores and was not pulling in people(and lets not forget,legal promblems and losing market share to indie sculptors producing counts as minis for the system), AOS has, like it or not sparked people who were not playing fantasy and were not likely to play fantasy to start, either because the rules and warscrolls are free or because the game is no longer the 400 plus page beardy tome requiring 200 mini plus to start.

but this is totally off topic, warhammer total war looks great and if this is warhammer fantasy as we knew its last hoorah what better way to go out!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-21-15, 09:43 AM

Count_the_Seven's Flag is: Scotland

Nailed, by @bitsandits

If they get this right, it will be a tremendous cheerio to a fabulous fantasy world.

We all know that we can continue to play WFB as many play games like Necromunda, BloodBowl or Battlefleet Gothic. It'll be there, but not in store.

I won't buy anything for AoS, it just leaves me cold from what I've seen. But, by fuck, I'll buy this with bells on...

CtS
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-22-15, 07:06 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

My thoughts after watching the trailer:

finally figured out how to embed videos to this site

Anyway I'm not even being sarcastic my brain went full stop after the steam tank showed up.

Panzer vor!

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Last edited by dragonkingofthestars; 07-22-15 at 07:09 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode