Next boxed campaign set - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Next boxed campaign set

I have seen some rumors flying around in a few groups especially Raven Guard themed on Facebook that a campaign boxset was going to be released in the not so distant future featuring Tau & RG as the 2 forces. Have any of our sources heard anything about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "

Last edited by the_barwn; 06-25-15 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 03:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_barwn View Post
I have seen some rumors flying around in a few groups especially Raven Guard themed on Facebook that a campaign boxset was going to be released in the not so distant future featuring Tau & RG as the 2 forces. Have any of our sources heard anything about this?
highly unlikely as the ravenguard have zero chapter specific kits currently and are a codex chapter, most likely wish listing on some peoples part, problem with this type of rumour is that its made viable by the fact GW produced stormclaw and sanctus reach, but essentially you could pretty much choose any two opposing forces and start a rumour about a campaign set and it automatically gains traction because GW has done it before, its a bit like when people claim something will get squatted, because it happened before people will always fear the worst.

but im often wrong

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 04:49 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

While I'm not thinking it's definite, there are a couple of things I think lean towards it being possible.

Firstly, there's plenty of background on the Damocles Gulf which involves the Raven Guard fighting the Tau. I would therefore expect the campaign to be White Scars and Raven Guard both fighting Tau.

The other thing is the two types of Strike Force mentioned in WD aside from the Gladius. They were the Javelin and another, the name I've forgotten. One was based around bikes, the other around Storm Ravens and Assault Marines. It was strange these weren't in the codex, but would fit with these two chapters. A campaign box may be the place to introduce them.

Finally there were rumours of a RG specific Assault Squad and a WS specific Bike Squad. These were most likely rubbish but it's plausible that they were campaign box models.

So, I hope it's true, but not holding my breath.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-15, 10:43 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Not happening. Not even being discussed. There's not enough demand for Raven Guard-specific anything to justify it, and the same is surprisingly true with White Scars despite them being the "power build" out of the Codex. The most competitive players who are running that stuff don't care much about the hobby and aren't going to spend more on White Scars bikers when the current kit exists and half of their army comes out of Dark Vengeance anyway.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode